Thread: Raw Sugar

Length
    22/44/50
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Raw Sugar

Has anyone tried the Raw Sugar hair products? What do you think of them? I bought their Healing Power hair mask and the Bounce Back conditioner but havent tried them yet.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Raw Sugar

I love the mask so much, it is one of my favorites. I was not a big fan of the conditioner, I have a whole bottle and only used it once. I'll have to use it again if I want to remember what I didn't like about it.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    APL/??/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Which mask and conditioner did you use? They have a few different formulas. (Formulae?)

Anyone tried their shampoos? I’ve been looking for a new shampoo since SM discontinued mine and I can’t consistently find the others I like/want to try. Some of the Raw Sugar shampoos look like good, cost effective options though.
    Classic stretched, bcl to tbl most days otherwise.
    Unruly mix of 3s.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JennGalt View Post
    Which mask and conditioner did you use? They have a few different formulas. (Formulae?)

Anyone tried their shampoos? I’ve been looking for a new shampoo since SM discontinued mine and I can’t consistently find the others I like/want to try. Some of the Raw Sugar shampoos look like good, cost effective options though.
    Sorry I should have specified, I used the Avocado, Coconut etc. one, the one with the green text. That I liked a lot. The conditioner was The Bounce Back, still haven't gotten around to using it and remembering why I didn't like it. My first guess is not enough slip, but it smells very sweet which could have made me nauseus.

Haven't tried any shampoos yet.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    APL/??/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Interesting. I liked the ingredient list for the Bounce Back line the best, so am curious as to why you didn’t like it, but if it’s going to cause nausea or tangling/prevent detangling I don’t think you should try it again Thanks for your response
    Unruly mix of 3s.

Length
    APL/??/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

I’ve tried the Bounce Back mask from Raw sugar twice now. My hair seems to really like it. Today I used it with the Garnier Fructis aloe one minute mask for WCC, and I think this is gonna be a HG combo for me

The smell isn’t awesome, though not strong. I don’t think they add any perfuming ingredients. And I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone with fine, straight, or easily weighed down hair, as it’s very thick and heavy and seems to help hair clump. But for disobedient curls prone to excess poofiness, it’s great Have another conditioner on hand if you need slip for detangling though; this stuff has next to none.
    Last edited by JennGalt; February 18th, 2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Unruly mix of 3s.