Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: A very long hair collection of models, photographers, film, articles, art

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: A very long hair collection of models, photographers, film, articles, art

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Thanks for sharing!
    Always a pleasure!

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: A very long hair collection of models, photographers, film, articles, art

I enjoyed this article and the pictures in it of Heian period women with floor length hair and all the updos!

http://the-history-girls.blogspot.co...-historic.html
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cat11 View Post
    I enjoyed this article and the pictures in it of Heian period women with floor length hair and all the updos!

That's an interesting read. Both my hair enthousiast side and my weeb side thank you.

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    That's an interesting read. Both my hair enthousiast side and my weeb side thank you.
    You're welcome

I would recommend reading The Tale of Genji/ Genji Monogatari if you like that sort of thing. Great historical book and hair is mentioned a lot, long styles, descriptions, they talk about trimming it and the condition of it on different ladies... really great book if you are into Japanese culture. SO many details. On clothes, hair, poetry, way of life back then ect.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

You're welcome

I would recommend reading The Tale of Genji/ Genji Monogatari if you like that sort of thing. Great historical book and hair is mentioned a lot, long styles, descriptions, they talk about trimming it and the condition of it on different ladies... really great book if you are into Japanese culture. SO many details. On clothes, hair, poetry, way of life back then ect.
    I read that book already and it's a great read! It's actually one of my favorites. Everything you mentioned about it is indeed there.

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    I read that book already and it's a great read! It's actually one of my favorites. Everything you mentioned about it is indeed there.
    Oh cool! Yes its super interesting like a window to the ~far~ past!!
    ۞

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thank you for sharing!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Very cool find! I really liked this part "The indigenous faith of Shinto regards one’s body and physical attributes as a gift from the ancestors, handed down from generation to generation. In that sense, hair symbolises life and continuity – and maintaining it in good order was regarded as a devotional duty." And the huge hair rope

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I love the photo of young Cher <3.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7b/da...ee7a06b7ef.jpg

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Yes the hair rope was crazy to me imagining them weaving all these hairs into a rope and how much the hair would have meant to those that donated it. And that the shrine was built using the hair rope to hoist beams ect. is impressive, using the hair that had so much meaning and power attached to it to build a shine is just amazing to think of the positive energy going in to that to create a sacred place.

Carries hair that is a good picture of Cher!
    ۞