Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cheese Hairmask

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: Cheese Hairmask

I have it stored in my fridge. I was thinking of splitting it in half and eating one part and putting the other part on my hair

I am glad you found it in Lidl, lapushka

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ash1 View Post
    I have it stored in my fridge. I was thinking of splitting it in half and eating one part and putting the other part on my hair

I am glad you found it in Lidl, lapushka
    Yes, I think it's gonna be there next week, if I'm not mistaken. I have 2 folders here, this upcoming week and the next. So either of those. It's a big 500ml tub.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Dear hubby became the guinea pig for the cheese mask experiment yesterday. Photo's of before and after were one day apart as it was getting late after washing it out. Our hair types are very similar so I guess his hair is circa 2a/M/iii and following basically what I described earlier:
    Mix skyr with milk until desired thickness and put into hair for about 45 minutes then wash out with shampoo + conditioner (we both use Petal Fresh conditioner and shampoo) then normal air-dry.
    I also took a photo of his hair after using a bit of oil against the fluffiness (cold pressed borage seed oil)
    Results are pretty similar, it makes the hair more wavy and shiny but also a bit fuzzy so you really want a bit of extra oil with it.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Looks good.

I noticed the yogurt in my Lidl today, but didn't pick it up. It was a 350ml tub and it seems to be quite low calorie too (62 / 100 ml). Still, I wish it came in smaller containers, which would make it easier for me to eat. Say like 125ml little tubs. With my sandwich in the morning - pretty easy meal. I have to do it per little tub, I have no portion control otherwise.

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Looks good.

I noticed the yogurt in my Lidl today, but didn't pick it up. It was a 350ml tub and it seems to be quite low calorie too (62 / 100 ml). Still, I wish it came in smaller containers, which would make it easier for me to eat. Say like 125ml little tubs. With my sandwich in the morning - pretty easy meal. I have to do it per little tub, I have no portion control otherwise.
    Hahaha that's very understandable! We ended up using *quite* a bit of it more of it than expected because of allot of long hair (circa 400 gram for hubby and circa 300 grams for me) which made it pricier than I'd like for a single use only hair mask, usually I just put a few spoons of it together with other things like oils or herbal powders and use the rest of the skyr into smoothies or just to eat

Btw the gelatin mask (gelatin, water and some ACV) came out awesome!

Length
    Chin/CBL/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I love this so much!
    mornings:
    (Lady Alausha, Keeper of the Blessed Tomes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
    Hahaha that's very understandable! We ended up using *quite* a bit of it more of it than expected because of allot of long hair (circa 400 gram for hubby and circa 300 grams for me) which made it pricier than I'd like for a single use only hair mask, usually I just put a few spoons of it together with other things like oils or herbal powders and use the rest of the skyr into smoothies or just to eat

Btw the gelatin mask (gelatin, water and some ACV) came out awesome!
    I'm so glad about the gelatin mask, Laurelin! Maybe interchanging them will be amazing.

Do keep an eye on getting enough moisture into the hair, when using protein, but I'm sure you got that covered!

Length
    2"/28"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Pretty results! I have definitely heard of yogurt masks before. I've experimented myself with whey rinses to add protein after a moisture treatment. I posted here about it recently. Someone pointed out that since liquid whey is hydrolyzed, the protein molecules can indeed be absorbed by the hair, if it's protein you're after. Fun fact: the liquid sitting on top of yogurt is whey that has separated. Personally I'd pour that part off for a hair treatment and save the yummy part to eat, as skyr is pretty expensive here. But maybe the creamy part is good for your hair, too?

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I tried the skyr last week but I forgot to take pictures because I was in hurry
    While rinsing out the the skyr (mixed with a splash of almond oil) my hair felt very strong but a bit dryish (nothing serious).
    After air drying it still felt quite strong and a tiny bit of oil in the ends helped with the fly aways. I think I will do this mask again when my hair feels very weak because my hair could handle more brushing/touching etc without breaking or feeling too stretched out.