Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Hair Shops

Length
    15/36/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Your Favourite Hair Shops

Originally, I was going to make this just about Etsy shops, but many of us buy hair accessories or products anywhere that works.

Anyway! List maybe 1 to 5 (more is perfectly acceptable!) shops that are your go-to. What products do you get from there? Why do you prefer these shops to others? Any other questions you can think of since I haven't slept yet today, and my brain is slow xD

My favourite shops (in no order):
    Nightblooming Gardens on Etsy - the Selkie Herbal Detangler is one of my HG products. I also really love the oil subscription, and right now my favourite oil blend is Fairy Rose.
    Furnival's Workshop on Etsy - Claire's pieces are stunning, and she works with you to make your custom products just how you want them. She's made several of my favourite pieces.
    Ulta in general - I buy Joico products when they go on sale, and also Biosilk's Silk Therapy. Both are amazing for adding moisture, frizz control, and beautiful defined waves.
    Ebay - for a 2,000 ml of Olaplex 2 that seems to be doing my hair wonders.
    Amazon is not really a favourite shop but it has been exceptionally useful in finding good deals, combs/brushes, oils, hair ties, etc.
    Timberstone Turnings - I haven't bought there in a bit, but their pieces are exceptionally beautiful.
    Lilla Rose - flexis are so easy to use, and come in so many sizes for various updos, and so many styles. I just love them all. They work winter, and summer.

There are a lot of other shops I just adore. WEII, LI, ONN are all amazing for acrylics, MapleBurl, 60th Street, Yevheniia are all amazing for forks/sticks/wood/dymondwood, and there are a lot more. These are just my favourites.

What are yours?
    ISO: Hair toys!
    Waist (30 inches) ~ Hip (32 inches) ~ BCL (36 inches) ~ TBL (40 inches) ~ Classic (45 inches) ~ FTL (47 inches) ~ Mid-thigh (50 inches) ~ Knee (55 inches) ~ Beyond!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee/Calf+
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Your Favourite Hair Shops

I'll try not to duplicate ones you've mentioned, but UK-centric view here:

Superdrug for products, because they have a decent selection and usually have good offers on. Plus for Beautycard (free) members, shipping is free over £10, or over £15 if not a member. UK only, but useful anyway.
    Waitrose have a decent selection of higher-end, more 'natural' products which is handy if you live near one and want to try something on offer without having to pay for postage
    Boots, for products again, but better if you can physically go into a store (you can order and get it delivered there).
    Pound shops / Savers / etc for cheapie cheap conditioners.
    LongHairedJewels for Jeterforks without the huge shipping and customs costs! And excellent, truly excellent customer service. The only note is that the items tend to smell smoky at first but with a good airing it's soon fine. She also sells Ketylos and a fair range of other things.
    Acrylic Candy Shop - it's been brought to my attention that she's sadly not on Etsy at all now, alas.
    Purdy Hall - not sure if they're still open, but recommended if they are or if they reopen.
    Most of my other stuff is from the Swap Board, to be honest!
    Oh, and Amazon UK also great for more generic tools such as combs, spin pins, etc.
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; January 11th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Tiny trim and now onto Calf!
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair - phew

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I am a big fan of Quattro on Etsy.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    HL/HL+/TBL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Right now I order my products from either Superdrug, Luxplus or Kärkkäinen. Very rarely do I pick anything up from brick and mortar stores, I just find better deals online and abroad.

I don't own or buy a lot of hairtoys, but I have a few from Lilla Rose, and I have my eye on YevheniiaShop.
    Never kneel down to the holy cross
    Never bow down to their lord.
    Started 2019 with a chop from TBL to hip+, shooting for Classic by Yule/Christmas 2020

Type
    1b/F/i

I don’t think acrylic candy shop is on Etsy anymore.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo
    Lady Serikos of the Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm writing down hair accessories recomendations

Type
    1b/F/i

A lot of my favorites are gone. I love the graining on Votepalentine forks. Elymwold forks were amazing! And will we ever see the equal of Grahtoestudio tusks? There are still a few of those in their web store but I don't see them ever returning to Etsy. I’d like to see Ravenslair open again. Sigh......

Before the Eye does amazing carving but she only posts a limited amount of her work on Etsy. Sometimes I like Sodawood but I haven't seen anything in the shop that thrills me lately.
    Last edited by lunasea; January 11th, 2019 at 10:53 AM.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo
    Lady Serikos of the Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee/Calf+
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    I don’t think acrylic candy shop is on Etsy anymore.
    You're right That's a shame.
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Tiny trim and now onto Calf!
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair - phew

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

My favourite store for hair things is Sephora. I know it's not a great answer, but they have my holy grail products. My hair loves Living Proof - specifically the Perfect Hair Day line.

I'm not into hair accessories. The only things I use are basic scrunchies/those plastic coiled things. I also get those at Sephora.
    Every day is Thursday.

Length
    BSL/WL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Ficcare, Elymwold and Lady Idun for me.
    One of my biggest regrets is that I only got one Elymwold stick, just before he closed. I wish I had more of his pieces, and a fork is a total dream of mine. I'm really gutted I didn't find out about hairtoys earlier, I would have liked to have more Elymwolds.
    Recovering from a devastating shed. WL but a lot of taper.
    (C: Dr Organic Argan Oil; W: Avalon Organics Scalp Normalizing Shampoo; C: Yes to Blueberries).