Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a double standard for how long is "Long" on others/yourself?

Length
    2"/WL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Do you have a double standard for how long is "Long" on others/yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by almostghost View Post
    I have the same issue! My hair is shorter on the sides than in the middle, so the sides always fall to the front of my shoulders, which makes it look like my hair is barely APL. When I flip all the hair back behind my shoulders and turn to the side to look at it in the mirror as it lies down my back, I see that most of it is longer than it looks in front, but it still looks shorter than it does in my length shots, because I'm turning my head I guess?? Almost makes me wonder if my phone's camera has been lying to me with my length shots, somehow.
    I would think that if I weren't having my husband take them for me! I think I hate that the most tbh. I think I'll need to be BCL+ before my hair is at my waist in the front.

SL~~~CBL~~~APL~~~BSL~~~WL~~~Hip~~~BCL~~~TBL~~~Classic~~~FTL
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Do you have a double standard for how long is "Long" on others/yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    I would think that if I weren't having my husband take them for me! I think I hate that the most tbh. I think I'll need to be BCL+ before my hair is at my waist in the front.
    Based on your pictures you have a deeper U than me, but mine will have to be brushing BCL. Ah, the joys of growing out a pixie without doing any hemline maintenance

Length
    2"/WL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Based on your pictures you have a deeper U than me, but mine will have to be brushing BCL. Ah, the joys of growing out a pixie without doing any hemline maintenance
    Yeah it's pretty deep right now, I think. I'm not too fussed about it, but will likely try to soften it next year or so. If I don't trim all year, I should hit BCL by Christmas/New Years, so I don't want to do it now .

I know part of it is just that I've got a good sized couple-a speed bumps up front, but still! :whiny voice: I want it long in front toooooooooooooo!

Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    Yeah it's pretty deep right now, I think. I'm not too fussed about it, but will likely try to soften it next year or so. If I don't trim all year, I should hit BCL by Christmas/New Years, so I don't want to do it now .

I know part of it is just that I've got a good sized couple-a speed bumps up front, but still! :whiny voice: I want it long in front toooooooooooooo!
    I am definitely gonna have a similar problem between BCL and classic haha! Personally I like the look of a fairly deep U. Let's trade hemlines?

Length
    2"/WL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

I am definitely gonna have a similar problem between BCL and classic haha! Personally I like the look of a fairly deep U. Let's trade hemlines?
    I'll have it there too! My longest milestones (after SL to APL) start at BCL to TBL!

Length
    SL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Arg, I see people with MBL hair and think "Oh that's beautiful and quite long actually" but then I see my hair, which is almost WL, and think it's very very short xD
    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL (3 more cm!) - HL - TBL?
    Pelo de rata 100%

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

My hair didn't start feeling "long" to me until I accidentally tucked it into my jeans Now, it even looks long when I see my shadow, and my hair is blowing around like a curtain when I walk or the wind blows

Where other people are concerned, their hair doesn't seem "long" unless it's at least HL (MBL for guys), but I DO notice the texture, overall health and colors (mine's teal right now, and I seem to attract other "colorful" hair colors to my line ). As a cashier, I also chat up others, by complimenting the texture of the customer's hair or asking/comparing the colors (and the pros/cons of different hair dyes) or comparing hair care routines.
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Im quite freak on this. 2 years ago I had a short pixie cut whatever and as soon it was growing i felt it's getting quite long :P You know too long for a pixie and too short well for actual long hair not even mid lenght ha ha ha.

But ever since I hit APL and my hair is bouncing around loose I feel like longish hair again. Back when I had classic hair i knew my hair was long but I always had it up or braided, so I never really felt my hair was that length. I think the psychological effect for me is to have my hair down and those little milestone accidents that happen sometimes to truly feel like long hair.

Im not double standard at all in this :P, I cut my hair back to shoulder and its growing so fast that I feel like a have length again. But Im a guy if Im compared to average guy, my hair sure is long and it's kinda not the same stands for women, mostly because is still unnual to see proper long hair on most men.... not even LHC standards.... exception of course, if you are into metal community, sikh or something where msot guys have butt lenght hair.
    Last edited by yahirwaO.o; January 14th, 2019 at 01:52 AM.

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>

Type
    2a/F/ii

Definitely my definition of long has dramatically change since joining LHC, but for now i aim waist lenght and will stay there for a while maybe. That is long for my self (i have a long torso), but for others i think of lenght in the way it suits their body proportions.

Length
    MBL/HIP/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I consider long hip-tbl. Classic+ is very long hair.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
    Learn as if you were to live forever
    - Gandhi