Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it possilble to dye with 0 damange?

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: is it possilble to dye with 0 damange?

Is there any hair dye that I can use to color just a few hairs? I have 5 - 10 white hairs and don't know what I should do with them. I guess a sharpie isn't gonna work? My grandma is 100 and her hair is still half black. I got her hair so I might never go all white either.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

No a sharpie is probably out! LOL!

Maybe a semi permanent? I don't know what range they have in Canada, but do L'Oréal do their "casting colors" there. I believe that's semi permanent, but you'd have to check to make sure. If you are going with a drugstore brand! There is developer in there, so maybe that's not your cup of tea.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    Is there any hair dye that I can use to color just a few hairs? I have 5 - 10 white hairs and don't know what I should do with them. I guess a sharpie isn't gonna work? My grandma is 100 and her hair is still half black. I got her hair so I might never go all white either.
    You could try a direct dye slightly lighter than your natural colour - that way it won't show up over your natural colour, but could help the grey blend in better. Adore do some good natural shades (always worth mixing them with white conditioner before applying, not only to make the dye go further but also because some people find Adore drying/less moisturising than other direct dyes, and it tends to be more of a liquid than a cream). In terms of application, I'd separate out the greys and the hairs around them, and only dye the area(s) where the greys are. You can keep dye off the surrounding hair with plain conditioner.

Grey hair is notorious for rejecting direct dyes, so it may not take, but this is a cheap option that will wash out if you don't like it, so it could be worth a go.

Length
    6inch/8inch/9inch
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I guess the fear of damaging my hair has kept me from dyeing my hair till now. Thank you for all the positive inputs! I think I can now go and dye my hair. My sisters were always innto this but I have really thin hair texture and I fear hair loss

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stephbaker View Post
    I guess the fear of damaging my hair has kept me from dyeing my hair till now. Thank you for all the positive inputs! I think I can now go and dye my hair. My sisters were always innto this but I have really thin hair texture and I fear hair loss
    Best of luck! I hope you have fun with it