Thread: Here we grow again!

Length
    21"/26"/48"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Here we grow again!

Before I post any pictures, I want to stress that I'm not posting this to suggest in ANY way that anyone else should do this. This is just something that I wanted to do - and it wasn't even something that I wanted to start doing until about 7 years ago. And after this next time of growth, I'll likely be keeping my hair long just for myself. SO....on to the post. I had my hair cut today and donated 16" to a group called Children with Hair Loss. They donate the wigs and care kits at no cost to children and teenagers with any kind of medical hair loss. My goal is to donate my height in hair. I'm at 51" donated now! So I'm almost there!

Here's a pic of where I started my journey four years ago when I donated 15 inches:

Here's where I was about a week before the cut:

And here's where I am starting my new growth journey today. My hair is still damp here but you get the idea of the length:

Looking forward to enjoying the journey! :-)

~Aunt Rapunzel

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Here we grow again!

Everyone should find joy in growing towards their goal, if your goal is donation then that is great because it makes you happy. if the atmosphere here made you feel like your goal would be unwelcome, let me be the first to say that is in no way the intention of anyone here. Our distrust and frustration comes from the industry having some shady elements (as all do) and the culture using donation as an excuse to push us into cutting our hair. you found a reputible organization who will reapect your sacrifice and use it to help someone else, and we do not mean to discourage that act of kindness in any way.

Length
    21"/26"/48"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Thank you for the words of encouragement, SwanFeathers! Much appreciated!

Length
    22/41/50
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Rapunzel View Post
    Before I post any pictures, I want to stress that I'm not posting this to suggest in ANY way that anyone else should do this. This is just something that I wanted to do - and it wasn't even something that I wanted to start doing until about 7 years ago. And after this next time of growth, I'll likely be keeping my hair long just for myself. SO....on to the post. I had my hair cut today and donated 16" to a group called Children with Hair Loss. They donate the wigs and care kits at no cost to children and teenagers with any kind of medical hair loss. My goal is to donate my height in hair. I'm at 51" donated now! So I'm almost there!

Here's a pic of where I started my journey four years ago when I donated 15 inches:

Here's where I was about a week before the cut:

And here's where I am starting my new growth journey today. My hair is still damp here but you get the idea of the length:

Looking forward to enjoying the journey! :-)

~Aunt Rapunzel

Wonderful! I also donated mine to children with hairloss this past November. My hair legnth is right about where yours is now

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I think it's noble of you to think of kids that suffer hair loss. I had hair loss (bald patches) when first going through puberty. It was back on track about 1/2 years after it happened but it was rough.

I really think it's amazing of you!

Happy growing; good luck on your journey!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Beautiful hair - and what an excellent idea for a thread. It's really good to have an experience showing donation how it ought to be: willingly, and actually going to the cause you intend it for. Hooray!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    CBL/BSL/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

That'll make for a great wig! I decided ages ago that if I ever chop off my long virgin hair, it will be donated.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

I think it's a very noble and selfless act. Happy hair growing!

Length
    SL/MBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Enjoy the journey! Your hair is a wonderful gift. Wishing you happy growing and that you will reach your goal as soon as possible

Length
    APL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I've grown my hair to donate before also. It's a fun reason to grow.

APL ~
    BSL~ Waist~ Hip ~BCL~ TBL
    Hennahead~Type 1c/M/ii/iii