Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two year LHC Anniversary! Pics included

Length
    MBL/KNEE/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Two year LHC Anniversary! Pics included

I can't believe it's been two years since I joined this site! On the day I joined (which was probably more like mid January) I had extremely bleach damaged hair that was the longest I had ever had it - at BCL - but so damaged it couldn't be saved. I found this place when I was googling and signed up, however that same day went and got my hair cut back to MBL and bleached again. So, I was going to link to my first year anniversary thread but it looks like the pictures have all vanished. I'll repost some:

Jan 2017 Before and after cut and bleach:

I so regret that, I should have spent more time on here first. I mostly forgot about this place for a while after that, then came back and saw so many heads of amazingly healthy and beautiful long hair. I decided I wanted that - so I (again) went to the salon and got some low lights put in to break my hair up in April 2017 with the intent of growing out the dye. That was, you'll be pleased to know, my last visit to a salon. I didn't start taking any more pictures however until August 2017 - Since then, I've been taking pictures every three months;

You can see my progress in growing out the dye there - I've struggled with it sometimes (and recently have found it a lot harder since the line is closing in on shoulder length which I'm not too fond of!) but I'm hanging in there any trying not to succumb to the impulse to dye the blonde.

To show the difference LHC practices make to the length and health of hair - here is a picture January 2017 before the cut and bleach to January 2018 at exactly the same length:

And January 2017 before the cut to January 2019:

My length progress from January 2017 after cut -January 2018:

Lastly:

I am not soo close to my goal of classic. I'm hoping to grow until August or September 2019 - then get a cut back to classic to get rid of any ratty ends and some dye with a view to growing to mid thigh length in 2020 I honestly never thought I'd get even close to classic so it's been a great surprise - my ends are starting to get a bit thinner and look fluffy but I'm hoping that's just the dye and I can grow that out.

I've kept pretty much the same routine for the whole of this year. I put it up in a bun for work, usually nautilus, and wash the hair twice per week with sulfates (only a small amount though and only on the scalp) and moisturising coney conditioner which my hair needs for protection because of the dye. I also put on coney moroccan oil after I wash my hair - it keeps it feeling really silky and smells divine!

I do take it down to practice hairstyles (and sometimes keep them in for the day if I really like them and they're comfy) - as you can see on my instagram. That way I feel like I'm doing something with my hair and it keeps me from obsessing too much about the length. I've got much better at braiding too!

I sleep on a silk pillowcase, my hair is loose but draped over the side of the bed and there is a satin fabric on the floor so that the ends of my hair don't just rub on the carpet when I toss and turn.

Uh, yeah. Feel free to ask any questions and happy new year everybody! I hope you all have an amazing 2019 filled with lots of hair growth ;D

MBL ---> WL ---> HL ---> BCL ---> TBL ---> CL ---> MTL ---> Knee ---> Calf?

Default Re: Two year LHC Anniversary! Pics included

Wow your hair looks so much happier! Your natural colour is lovely and you’ve made lots of progress in growing it out, it looks great.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Happy hair anniversary! your hair looks lovely and you did amazing job documenting your progress, it's so fun to see these photos.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Wow! Those comparison pics are amazing!
    Happy hairiversary!

Length
    buzz/knee+/calf
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Great progress, your hair looks very well cared for these days!
    Current length: Knee+ at 56"! Next milestone is my final goal length: Upper Calf at 57-58"!
    Buzzed my head in 2010. Joined here and have been growing from Waist length at 28" since 2016

Length
    MBL/KNEE/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thank you guys I always enjoy reading the anniversary/year comparison threads. I wonder where I'll end up by 2020.. exciting =D

MBL ---> WL ---> HL ---> BCL ---> TBL ---> CL ---> MTL ---> Knee ---> Calf?

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

That's such wonderful progress - happy hairiversary!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Happy hairiversary! Your hair looks amazing, the condition has improved so much! Here's to another year of growth
    A lurker who loves swaps

Length
    SH/SH/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Amazing growth progress! You’re natural hair is growing out so prettily!

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Thank you guys I always enjoy reading the anniversary/year comparison threads. I wonder where I'll end up by 2020.. exciting =D
    Considering how fast this year went.. I'll check back in what will seem like tomorrow and see!