Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the #1 Reason you want Long Hair?

Default Re: What is the #1 Reason you want Long Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I simply find long hair classical, or fantasy-like. I see it as a more old-fashioned representation of beauty, when the hair is pinned up throughout the day and then let down at night. There's some bit of intimacy in keeping it a secret to be revealed later
    Beautifully put blackgothicdoll!!

I love how it makes me feel like I stand out from the rest! I feel so cool that I’ve let my hair grow to an uncommon length. As if I have a tended garden out on display lol. I too love the fantasy-like element. It looks like a cape that flows behind me. Like an extension of whatever outfit I’m wearing And in a strange way, it makes me feel a bit connected to my ancestors ❤️

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I have big hips and a tiny waist. I've tried to exercise and all that stuff but nothing seems to work, it's just how my skelleton is build and I don't like it, I feel it disproporcionated (specially since I have no boobs) so I want long hair to kind of give a little bit more of visual weight to that area xd That's the main reason, the second one is because it's easier to make it look good, no effort, and then that it looks beautiful xd
    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL
    GOAL ACHIEVED: Gave up dye on April 24, 2016. Very last trim to get a full head of natural hair on May 30, 2019

Type
    2a/C/ii

I like my hair, so why not have a lot of it? I also think long hair is quite special and I could do so much with it if I had it long. It is easy to maintain (no need to go to a hairdresser), and it does look rather nice.

One silly reason is that it would make me stand out, right now I'm pretty average in everything, hair colour, eye colour, height, shoe size, face looks ordinary... Even if I am quite unusual on the inside, that doesn't show! My hair is filled with possibilities x)

ETA: completely overlooked that this was supposed to say my #1 reason, I don't know if I have any number one reason. Maybe I just want to feel that I look nice?
    Last edited by Estrid; December 28th, 2018 at 11:19 PM.

My main reason would be because I really want to have some kind of beautiful braid down my back on my wedding day in 18 months. Currently hovering at BSL, aiming for waist+.

Length
    SL/MBL/Class
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

My whole life I was struggling with my hair to tame and straighten it out. It came with the cost of having to cut it short due to damage. Every time it reaches BSL or close to waist, I had to cut it back to SL. When I was young I used to tie a scarf to my hair and pretend it is my long hair. Now as I am going natural and leaving my curls to behave like they want, thanks to all the LHC wisdom, I can grow it long. After my last yearly trim it is at WL, and I don't know where I will stop.
    Stretched BOB-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL

Curly BOB-Neck-SL-APL -BSL-MBL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL

Length
    CHL/APL/MBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I'm only growing to MBL, so I don't know if this counts. But I'm growing it long because I got tired of struggling with my hair. I've only ever had short hair, or barely APL,(and that was heavily layered, with bangs) and it waves a little(but not enough) so I always had to style it. The logic was that only a certain kind of women would succeed in having long hair, and I wasn't one of them. As you can imagine, having hair this way has made me unhappy.

I'm imagining that when all my hair is at one length, and also long, that I'll be able to embrace my hair texture as it is. Because believe it or not, I like slightly-lanky, slightly-wavy, fine silky hair, and it's only recently that I discovered that owning that kind of hair might be within my reach

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've never liked the way I look with short hair. My hair had big, lazy "S" waves when short, tended to get bushy/poofy when it's between jaw and collarbone length, never laid the way I want it to, did the opposite I want it to (lay flat? HA! Curl the same way on both sides? In your dreams, sweetheart!), and, to put it mildly, rarely made me happy.
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My hair feels like such a comfort to me. I love it in a similar way to how I’ve loved animals I’ve lived closely with, that feeling of burying my face in familiar fur. It’s like a reassurance and a friend. It’s beautiful and unique and grows out of my head. I love taking care of it and just didn’t have any idea how to do that before finding lhc, so it was always a tangly damaged mess by the time I reached any length. I see it as a bit of a lifestyle choice now because really I don’t need to change anything just carry on as I am and I’ll get the hair I would swoon at if I saw it on someone else.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I like doing various updos and some of them are impossible with short hair.