View Poll Results: What do you do with nape hairs that bug you?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing

74 86.05%
  • Wax/pluck/sugar

1 1.16%
  • Shave/trim

5 5.81%
  • Laser removal

0 0%
  • Slather in cheese

2 2.33%
  • Other

4 4.65%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nape hair

Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Nape hair

Quote Originally Posted by Xlena View Post
    I didn't even think about them until I read this thread lol
    Same here, so I voted for: other

Length
    CHL/APL/MBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

They don't bother me, although I also always seem to get puny little 3 inch-ones(at most) like yours. I think it's because my hair is so fine and not very dark - if my hair were darker/more saturated in color, I'd definitely think about doing something about them

Length
    Pit/Pit/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

I think they're cute, so I leave the nape hairs alone.

Length
    23/25.5/40-45
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I love these hairs! I use them when I do any kind of up-do to give it a low maintenance, natural, minimal effort but still cute look.

Length
    APL/33"/CL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I love my nape hair and it seems to have magically grown two or three inches longer than it has been in the past. I hope it's got a longer terminal length and that I can eventually incorporate it into my buns. Since it's winter, it's always being rubbed against the collar of my coat. I decided to get some of those metal snap barrettes and I figure that as long as I'm careful to not pull any hairs out when I'm removing the barrette, this should keep them out of the way until they're longer. Hopefully by next winter they'll be long enough to go in my bun and I won't need to use the barrettes. I might add some MO to the nape hairs, but then they might slip out of the barrette. Which is better?
    ~Lady Aeginaea of the Many Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~
    "The strongest and sweetest songs yet remain to be sung." — Walt Whitman

Length
    buzz/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I actually always admire it when other people are wearing an updo and they have noticeable nape hair, I think it's so cute and somehow adds to the look. I have them myself, and they don't bother me, but what DOES bother me is that I also just have so much shorter hair around my nape that should be part of my bun? I think it's because I caused breakage before I knew I shouldn't just be raking a comb through it when tangled and wet every day, so I'm hoping it'll grow longer eventually.
    just growing along and seeing how far I go!
    originally made it to BSL, then cut to chin in june 2019 to remove damage. current length: BSL-- but healthier now!

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I adore my nape hairs. Curls! I don’t do anything special with them, and they are long enough to get swept into a bun along with the rest, though they will generally break free by the end of the day.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I hate my nape hairs so much I have an undercut! They were so tangly and anoying. I would spend as much time brushing my nape hair as the whole rest of my head. Also now when I do a low bun it sits a little higher (becuase I shave a sort of triangle shape, not just the baby hairs) and I find it much more comfortable.

Length
    ear/tbl/cl
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

The hair at the nape of my neck is the most damaged hair on my whole head, full of split ends and white dots. It's never going to be any good. I've thought about getting an undercut ever since seeing pictures of ones with patterns (example).

Thus far, I'm holding out out of fear that my nape hair serves a shield of some sort. If I cut it off, would the next layer of hair obtain that same damage?

Length
    Hip/MTL/Metal
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I would never dream of removing them in any manner, nor do I feel the need to do anything else about them either.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.