Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bleached hair ruined - PLEASE HELP!

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Bleached hair ruined - PLEASE HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Cate36 View Post
    Yes steer clear if you want my advice.. one mistake with Henna, and you will never ever ever get it out.. you'll have to live with it for a few years until the damage totally grows out enabling you to redye..

My best best advice to you, is spend just a few weeks using olaplex and other treatments to get it in the best condition within the shortest amount of time, then search for a hairdresser that is very experienced with damaged hair, who can slowly assist you to change the tone.. hair with your current colour, is better than no hair..
    So painfully true, especially if it's been damaged, just TLC, that's all it needs!!!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

For now just leave your hair be no colour no chemicals! I bleached my hoar and hated what it did I used oils bond fusions deep conditioner and yeah it looked and felt better for a few day then the effect wore off and I was back at square one
    The only thing that has made my bleached hair conditioned and moistureised was using my natural oils! Yup I washed with water only for 5 days and my mids and ends have never been better!!! Yes your roots get oily but you use that to distribute and condition the rest of your hair
    Give it a go! Iv actually given up a products because I feel they did nothing for me
    My elasticity has gone through the roof ever since I use my sebum as my conditioner
    Good luck x

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JessJess View Post
    For now just leave your hair be no colour no chemicals! I bleached my hoar and hated what it did I used oils bond fusions deep conditioner and yeah it looked and felt better for a few day then the effect wore off and I was back at square one
    The only thing that has made my bleached hair conditioned and moistureised was using my natural oils! Yup I washed with water only for 5 days and my mids and ends have never been better!!! Yes your roots get oily but you use that to distribute and condition the rest of your hair
    Give it a go! Iv actually given up a products because I feel they did nothing for me
    My elasticity has gone through the roof ever since I use my sebum as my conditioner
    Good luck x
    Hey welcome to the forum!

Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

When this happened to me and my hair was so fried I couldn't even stand feeling it touch my skin..I used a deposit dye only called Pravana Vivid colors I think..it made it dark brown..like really dark, and since then it faded to a reddish color, close to my natural one luckily. After that I did a big chop (from classic to shoulder) and cut off an inch every month or so (my month's growth) until all the dyed parts are gone. I'd say in 4 more months or so I will finally be dye free and my hair is now healthy again and so much better. I highly suggest not putting any more chemicals on your hair.

5.7" thickness :: APL length

Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    When this happened to me and my hair was so fried I couldn't even stand feeling it touch my skin..I used a deposit dye only called Pravana Vivid colors I think..it made it dark brown..like really dark, and since then it faded to a reddish color, close to my natural one luckily. After that I did a big chop (from classic to shoulder) and cut off an inch every month or so (my month's growth) until all the dyed parts are gone. I'd say in 4 more months or so I will finally be dye free and my hair is now healthy again and so much better. I highly suggest not putting any more chemicals on your hair.
    When did that happen? How long did it take you to grow out the dye?

Quote Originally Posted by JessJess View Post
    Good luck x
    If only I could bottle my sebum and use it as a hair mask.. my hair is so dry.. my scalp is never oily no matter how long I try and wait between washing..

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles122 View Post
    When did that happen? How long did it take you to grow out the dye?
    It takes 1/2 inch a month. No, it takes a long time. If you have dye to grow out, why not join the dye grow out thread, and keep track of your progress there. Or, have you found it already. I'll link it for you!
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=51155