Thread: Hiya

Default Hiya

I started my hair journey a few months back. My goal is tailbone(or maybe even classic)lenght hair. I have 4-5 more inches to go. I should hit my goal in june-july 2019.!
    My hair grows quite fast(I think?Hahah). I am taking b12 pills daily. But I think it's also natural(the speed). Also, my hair was an inch - two past my armpits in january this year.
    Right now it is waist lenght(when I put it back) and a few centimeters less then waist lenght when I put it to the front.(I have layered hair so it's a little different.)
    I kinda struggle with my hair colour and texture(I swear it's different every day lol). Some days it's curly/light brown and some it's straight/dark auburn.
    Right now I am going through a fallout period so it isn't thick as usual and it's pain to clean my bedroom/bathroom/hair brush! It could be seasonal but there is also a chance that I have hypothyreosis...
    Observation: I don't think that cutting your hair will make it grow longer! At least it didn't for me. I cut off and inch and it's still the same growth rate. The only difference is that my hair could be longer right now. :/

I'd like to upload a few pics but I don't really know how.
    Anyways, if you have any suggestions what I should about the fallout please let me know! It was nice meeting you!

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hiya

Welcome to the forum.

If it's a normal shed and your hair isn't thinning, leave it be, it will settle.

If it is thinning, go see your doctor and talk about it; he or she will most likely do a blood panel to see whether or not you are deficient in anything.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/42/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Welcome!

Home is where the heart is

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome here!

Welcome �� I’m new here but started my hair journey in January, my hair is about the same length as yours. I agree about cutting, as long as my ends aren’t too wispy and I don’t have a ton of splits I try to avoid trims as much as possible in favour of more length. I have hypothyroidism but it was undiagnosed for 2 years and my hair was falling out in clumps and felt like straw. I’m on tablets now but occasionally get a flare up and need to adjust my tablets to get back on track. I found cutting out gluten helps me have less flare ups and therefore less hair fall. Hormones definitely play a role so it may be worth seeing a doctor if it’s concerning you. Good luck!

Thank you!

Length
    23/25/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Hello! At least you don't have long until your at your goal length Good luck x

2018 - MICROTRIMMING! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Knee+/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here, your hair looks gorgeous!
    JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Current length​ Knee +