Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrunchies

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Scrunchies

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    That's good to hear; for the price you want it to maintain integrity like that!

I always loved velvet and once had a gorgeous blue velvet dress for a special school dance

Velvet scrunchies are not available here...I only saw them when I started shopping on Amazon; by then I had plenty of sizes and styles and colors.

Plus velvet almost seems too fancy for my lifestyle now (I am home a lot).....but seeing yours up close......maybe I will indulge myself some day
    I think I have seen members discussing this, and the consensus was that a fancy hair toy is always right
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    I think I have seen members discussing this, and the consensus was that a fancy hair toy is always right
    Of course it is lol....we are ALL great enablers here
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; September 12th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Here it comes, my new sprunchie! Enjoy the frizz

(Bonus question, what is my hair colour again? There's only virgin hair visible in that pic. It's light brown, right?)
    Very cute! The lighting might not be the best for hair color assessing but to me your hair looks medium brown, especially the under layer looks darker chocolate brown. The upper layer seems to be slightly lighter and has golden, almost coppery hue

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Nordstrom Rack had a ton of cute scrunchies when I was in yesterday. Velvet with bows, and also satiny scarf-like scrunchies. I like scrunchies with bows or dangling portions. Feels very princess-y to me.

At any rate, I behaved, since I broke my no-buy to order hand-painted silk scrunchies from Jansilks. I haven’t had them long, but so far I’m a fan.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Wow for those scrunchies, C_Bookworm! It would be really nice to have a real silk scrunchie, I think.

Just a little update on my new sprunchie, it's a really high performance one, it's had stayed on place at the top of my head very comfortable the whole day, no adjustments needed. So it's really nice. But, eh, not worth 12-18$, I can't just imagine that.

Thanks for the feedback about my hair colour. It was actually a bit surprising to see what's going on there. I have noticed the coppery tones too, in some lightning it's very obvious, but sometimes it looks pretty neutral, not that warm. And my face framing layers are quite light coloured... Now I just need to find hair toys that match my hair colour! No, just kidding, I don't really care, and everything match with brown, right?
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Nordstrom Rack had a ton of cute scrunchies when I was in yesterday. Velvet with bows, and also satiny scarf-like scrunchies. I like scrunchies with bows or dangling portions. Feels very princess-y to me.

At any rate, I behaved, since I broke my no-buy to order hand-painted silk scrunchies from Jansilks. I haven’t had them long, but so far I’m a fan.
    Nice

And good to see you; you have been missed

Just a little update on my new sprunchie, it's a really high performance one, it's had stayed on place at the top of my head very comfortable the whole day, no adjustments needed. So it's really nice. But, eh, not worth 12-18$, I can't just imagine that.

Thanks for the feedback about my hair colour. It was actually a bit surprising to see what's going on there. I have noticed the coppery tones too, in some lightning it's very obvious, but sometimes it looks pretty neutral, not that warm. And my face framing layers are quite light coloured... Now I just need to find hair toys that match my hair colour! No, just kidding, I don't really care, and everything match with brown, right?
    Glad you like your new hair toy!

Wear what you like; there's no right or wrong
    is my motto

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Nice

And good to see you; you have been missed
    Thank you! Work got a bit crazy, and combined with doing a no-buy, I haven’t been around much. Happy to be back!

Your avatar looks fabulous, btw. I love your hemline.

Wear what you like; there's no right or wrong[/I] is my motto
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

The only scrunchies that stay in my hair are velvet ones, but I heard some don’t like them because of mechanical damage and will only use satin ones.. I haven’t noticed any damage fortunately, but I also don’t really get how you’d get damage from velvet but not satin??
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Thank you! Work got a bit crazy, and combined with doing a no-buy, I haven’t been around much. Happy to be back!

Your avatar looks fabulous, btw. I love your hemline.

Glad all is well

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    The only scrunchies that stay in my hair are velvet ones, but I heard some don’t like them because of mechanical damage and will only use satin ones.. I haven’t noticed any damage fortunately, but I also don’t really get how you’d get damage from velvet but not satin??
    Are the 'clingy'?

They could say that about my cotton and knit ones....but my fine silver has no damage

I have a good selection now, but no silk/satin, and if I ever need color replacements I would consider trying velvet

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I think velvet sounds much less damaging than some other options, personally. They're grabby, but not in a rough way. My hair likes to break from nearly anything, yet my nape hairs have grown much longer in the time that I've been wearing a velvet headband (it goes all the way around my head and is soft and stretchy). I'd say you're safe with velvet scrunchies as long as you're not noticing any damage on yourself.