Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrunchies

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Scrunchies

Groovy Granny, I really love your beautiful collection of all the different colors! I don't have those kind of scrunchies. I have the other kind with the elastic. I wish can take a photo of my collection but I don't have a camera, and I don't know anyone with one.

Thank you; I get a lot of use from them in so many styles, and with all the color options

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

You're welcome. I bet you do get a lot of use from them in so many styles, and with many color options

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Ooh, I love your collection Groovy Granny! It's very inspiring. Ok, this is getting dangerous now, I have to leave the thread... But... I could probably learn (again) how to crochet, I have not done that since school. And one of my sisters love crocheting, I could mention scrunchie to her...
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Just noticed that there's Invisibobble spruchies that are made of pleather. Velvet is probably the best for hair health but they do look nice.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    luluj ~ I/we'd love to see what you come up with ....here &/or in the Crochet Thread

I thought I would post updated pics of my collection; my old pics were lost

Self crocheted- mixed fibers

Velvet (just bought them)

Satin (just bought them; removable rabbit ears)

Small mixed

Large
    mixed

Yeah...I do love them

In my defense, I crochet a lot and store bought come is large packs lol

But aside from self made with left over project yarns, I won't be buying any more store bought scrunchies
    Oh my, what an absolutely beautiful collection of scrunchies, Groovy Granny. I have to say, your own crocheted scrunchies are the most beautiful! The velvet ones must feel scrumptious, they look so luxurious. The satin scrunchies are lovely, also.

I still haven't made one yet, turns out all of my yarn is of the bulky variety, I have been crocheting hats for Christmas (sorry to say the Christmas word, lol! but it will be here sooner rather than later.) Now, I did start one, only to find it not working out the way I would have liked, due to the sheer thickness of my yarn. I have a coupon for Michaels, so the plan is to buy some finer yarn and then give it another go.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Hmmmm

I tried to edit my post to add a photo of the scrunchie I started, the forum ate it I think. Nope, here it is! The hair tie is far too big, also.

Okay....I started over....still too thick, I think.

Last edited by luluj; September 28th, 2019 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    Ooh, I love your collection Groovy Granny! It's very inspiring. Ok, this is getting dangerous now, I have to leave the thread... But... I could probably learn (again) how to crochet, I have not done that since school. And one of my sisters love crocheting, I could mention scrunchie to her...
    Thanks

Oh yes....do start crocheting again ...and join us here for support

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Just noticed that there's Invisibobble spruchies that are made of pleather. Velvet is probably the best for hair health but they do look nice.
    I can't imagine that material is easy to work with....or how it would stretch

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Oh my, what an absolutely beautiful collection of scrunchies, Groovy Granny. I have to say, your own crocheted scrunchies are the most beautiful! The velvet ones must feel scrumptious, they look so luxurious. The satin scrunchies are lovely, also.

I still haven't made one yet, turns out all of my yarn is of the bulky variety, I have been crocheting hats for Christmas (sorry to say the Christmas word, lol! but it will be here sooner rather than later.) Now, I did start one, only to find it not working out the way I would have liked, due to the sheer thickness of my yarn. I have a coupon for Michaels, so the plan is to buy some finer yarn and then give it another go.
    Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Hmmmm

I tried to edit my post to add a photo of the scrunchie I started, the forum ate it I think. Nope, here it is! The hair tie is far too big, also.
    [/URL]

Okay....I started over....still too thick, I think.
    Thank you

I love yours...the pattern and color

I forgot to mention that a few of my scrunchies are made from knee-high pantyhose cuttings; that would be an option for thicker hair

They have a bit more give to them and yet can be tightened for thinner hair.
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; September 28th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

(Going back a page to add to Groovy Granny's reply to sapphire-o's question)
    I happen to love the hipster idea of men putting flowers in their beard, so I'm probably not the most gendered-minded person when it comes to hair accessories, but I'd say yes, a man can wear a scrunchie. If they don't want to I wouldn't force it, just so long as they understand it's a preference and not that they "can't because they're male".
    Last edited by enting; September 28th, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post

And I might have bought 12 more and sewed two own, since this picture was taken a few months ago...

I think that I now have 44 scrunchies... I don't have a problem and can quit whenever I want to
    Reading back I just saw this....this is me as well
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; October 17th, 2019 at 09:19 AM.