Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone still use Bigen?

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Does anyone still use Bigen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazoo View Post
    I just rechecked My Dashboard. No, I haven't posted anything on the salt & pepper thread.
    I must have mistaken you with someone else then. I'm so sorry!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hi Lapushka! Well, I'm not sure my view of my hair is entirely rational, because I'm still trying to convince myself that I'm younger than what the calendar says.

I also have this weird quirk about thinking that I'm not dying my hair because of using only natural means.

So the wooden combs help somewhat, but occasionally I look in the mirror & my temples look whiter than I want to admit, so I apply a drop of something to the spot & rub it in. The "drop of something" may be a little neem oil (which smells bad & may be a no-no for women of child-bearing age, but I'm not), or black walnut hull extract (which may also have a cautionary statement), ...

or, when I'm serious about wanting to grow my hair overnight & follow the advice of those YouTubers who combine the Inversion Method with Egg & Oil Under a Plastic Head-Wrapping Overnight, among the ingredients in my hair mask, I include some Ayurvedic herbs which are known to change hair color a bit, including neem & amla powders.

I've also tried henna a couple times because I thought having red hair might be fun; but the orange that it gave me didn't go with my complexion, so I got rid of it the next day. I did another hair mask with 4 blueberries crushed in it.

I must say that whatever I put on my scalp has a huge impact on my health! Usually, if I eat about a quarter cup of blueberries, I start seeing better (because of that visual purple dye in the berries); but mashing just 4 blueberries into that hair mask had me seeing better the next day, & for a longer time, than just eating 10 times as many as what I put on my scalp.

And then there's the Caboki powder, which also changes hair color temporarily.

So using wooden combs is one of about half a dozen things I do to adjust my hair color.
    Don't we all wish we were younger than the calendar says.

Amla can darken, I know that much.

But I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you can get "color" from using a wooden comb. That has me well confused.

Length
    26.5"/33"/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Here are some eBay and Amazon ads that claim that their wooden combs "delay the development of grey hair":

<https://www.ebay.com/itm/RoyaltyRoute-Handcrafted-Neem-Wood-Comb-Wide-Tooth-Detangling-Anti-Static-Wo/264022440847?hash=item3d78f6bb8f:g:v1gAAOSwF8Fb3od U>

OK, copy & paste this into your browser's address bar:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RoyaltyRout...1gAAOSwF8Fb3od U

<https://www.amazon.com/Olina-Handmade-Sandalwood-Aromatic-Wide-tooth/dp/B00EPEZUUM>

Try this link instead:

amazon.com/Olina-Handmade-Sandalwood-Aromatic-Wide-tooth/dp/B00EPEZUUM

That didn't work either. OK, try going to Amazon.com & paste this into Amazon's search bar:

Olina Sandalwood Aromatic Wide tooth

<https://www.amazon.com/FREUDEWOOD-Narrow-Handmade-Sandalwood-Handle/dp/B00B4VH372>

And here's an article, "Restore Your Natural Hair Color With A Comb by Joyce Wang", at:

<https://www.google.com/amp/s/naturopathicinstitute.info/newsletter/herbs-etc-articles/restore-your-natural-hair-color-with-a-comb-by-joyce-wang/amp/>

ETA: Hmmm... That link for the article doesn't work. OK, try copying & pasting the following into your address bar:

naturopathicinstitute.info/newsletter/herbs-etc-articles/restore-your-natural-hair-color-with-a-comb-by-joyce-wang/amp/

I'll be back with corrections for the comb ads.
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; November 16th, 2018 at 10:47 AM. Reason: The links I gave didn't work.

Length
    26.5"/33"/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I must have mistaken you with someone else then. I'm so sorry!
    It's OK. Since I haven't posted an avatar picture yet, we sort of all look alike!

Length
    26.5"/33"/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

The way I use wooden combs? I like to use 2 of them simultaneously, 1 in each hand, & scratch my scalp vigorously, back & forth. I have fine hair, & I use fine-toothed combs. Sometimes I do this while sitting, & sometimes while inverted (bending over enough so that my heart's above my head). It really doesn't tangle my hair!

To detangle, again, I use a fine-toothed comb, either wood or ox horn. I kind of prefer wood for detangling. I add just a little bit of oil by smearing it on the teeth of the comb. If I come to a knot, I apply extra oil there. The oils I'm most likely to use for detangling are either cocoa butter or Earthly Delight Hair Growth Pomade. <https://www.walmart.com/ip/Earthly-Delight-Hair-Pomade-4-Oz/120966744?athcpid=120966744&athpgid=easyreorder&at hmtid=eroData&athznid=eroData&athena=true>

OK, that Walmart link dudn't work. Here's my favorite pomade on the manufacturer's own website:

https://lafes.com/collections/all/pr...ht-hair-pomade
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; November 16th, 2018 at 11:22 AM. Reason: That link didn't work.

Length
    26.5"/33"/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I wonder what results we'd get by taking a poll & asking:
    1) Do you have grey hair?
    2) What materials are your combs &/or brushes made of?

Length
    26.5"/33"/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

More questions for a poll:

3) Do you use a. combs, b. brushes, c. both, d. neither?

4) How do you use them?

5) What is your hair type?

6) Do you find that your comb/brush technique is good for your hair?

7) How so?

Length
    26.5"/33"/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Can I start a poll? How?

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Can I start a poll? How?
    You just make a post, I think, with why you want to start the poll, then edit it and then click on "add a poll" below. I'm sure you can figure it out. I for the longest time had no clue how to do this either.