Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

Length
    2"/28"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Default Re: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

I'm sorry for what you are going through health-wise, plus the emotional trauma of not having the hair you want just must be awful on top of it. A good friend of mine suffers from migraines and also had to shave her head. She still suffers from persistent daily headaches, which in her case I don't think were relieved by the haircut, so be thankful that it is actually giving you some relief.

You may like the look of thin girls with pixies, but think about how that look can be pretty androgynous and/or infantilizing. Not all women are supposed to look like Peter Pan. Short hair is definitely a cute look, no matter your size. At least with some womanly curves you won't get mistaken for an adolescent boy. . It may take some adjustment, but I say you should own it!

For the compulsive urge to braid, might I suggest taking up a craft like knitting, weaving, macrame, etc. Braiding is a handy tactile skill that you can easily transfer to something in front of you instead of on your head. Additionally, the repetitive motion of stitching can be very relaxing and meditative. Give it a shot.

Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by SallySue View Post
    I'm sorry for what you are going through health-wise, plus the emotional trauma of not having the hair you want just must be awful on top of it. A good friend of mine suffers from migraines and also had to shave her head. She still suffers from persistent daily headaches, which in her case I don't think were relieved by the haircut, so be thankful that it is actually giving you some relief.

You may like the look of thin girls with pixies, but think about how that look can be pretty androgynous and/or infantilizing. Not all women are supposed to look like Peter Pan. Short hair is definitely a cute look, no matter your size. At least with some womanly curves you won't get mistaken for an adolescent boy. . It may take some adjustment, but I say you should own it!

For the compulsive urge to braid, might I suggest taking up a craft like knitting, weaving, macrame, etc. Braiding is a handy tactile skill that you can easily transfer to something in front of you instead of on your head. Additionally, the repetitive motion of stitching can be very relaxing and meditative. Give it a shot.
    Thanks for the support! Iím so sorry for your friend. Cutting my hair short doesnít change the frequency of my migraines, it just reduces my pain level during them. I wonder if itís helped with her pain at all even though she still gets the same number of migraines like me.

I do knit! Youíre right I probably love it for the same reason I love braiding. I also used to weave and crochet, but donít have time now. Iím currently working on a dark blue cabled blanket for my hubby, but itís a complicated pattern and coming along rather slow. Iím aiming to make it about 6ft since my hubby is very tall and appreciates a blanket long enough to cover his feet, at this rate it will take me years!