Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

  1. #11

    Default Re: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

    The curve of a woman's head and neck are quite different than a man. That's why short hair, and even extreme choices like a buzz or baldie, can still look so feminine.

    I actually like super short hair on women. A very striking look.

    I know you don't like it, but at this stage it was basically necessary. You can choose to dislike it, or embrace it as a very different look. Dramatic isn't a bad thing.

  2. #12
    Member Lizabeth94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    198
    Type
    1b/M/iii

    Default Re: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by lucid View Post
    They don't do the same thing though. And you can also use both treatments simultaneously.

    Botox blocks the muprevents the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from axon endings at the neuromuscular junction and thus causes flaccid paralysis. So it will work if your migraines are related to your muscles.

    Aimovig is a preventative treatment designed to block the CGRP receptor. Your migraines doesn't have to be related to the muscles.

    Clinically, many pain meds does the same thing. But that doesn't mean that they all work on all people, some people benefit more from some meds than others.

    Consider at least. I'm gonna try it, really hope it works!!!
    Thanks for the tip! Thatís definitely not what my doctor told me. Iím planning to try it regardless since it would be nice to not get stuck with so many needles. I just need to make sure my insurance will cover it and thatís what Iím waiting on at the moment.

  3. #13
    Member Lizabeth94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    198
    Type
    1b/M/iii

    Default Re: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by cjk View Post
    The curve of a woman's head and neck are quite different than a man. That's why short hair, and even extreme choices like a buzz or baldie, can still look so feminine.

    I actually like super short hair on women. A very striking look.


    I know you don't like it, but at this stage it was basically necessary. You can choose to dislike it, or embrace it as a very different look. Dramatic isn't a bad thing.
    Aww thanks, I had a pixie for a couple years before I met my hubby, and I loved it, got so many compliments even from men, but I was a few pounds thinner then. Also, my hubby, bless his heart, is the one who planted the seed of doubt in my head that women donít look pretty with short hair. Although he has been supportive lately after seeing me in pain, itís hard to erase those memories of him begging me to grow it, getting sad when I went to the salon for trims, and when I got extensions for our wedding he practically cried when I had to take them out and go back to short hair. Itís hard to move on when the most important person in your life doesnít like how you look, even if everyone else does. I feel like Iíve been brainwashed to never like short hair again after seeing his sad and disappointed reactions.
    Last edited by Lizabeth94; November 10th, 2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Typo

  4. #14
    Member lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    43,871
    Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizabeth94 View Post
    Aww thanks, I had a pixie for a couple years before I met my hubby, and I loved it, got so many compliments even from men, but I was a few pounds thinner then. Also, my hubby, bless his heart, is the one who planted the seed of doubt in my head that women don’t look pretty with short hair. Although he has been supportive lately after seeing me in pain, it’s hard to erase those memories of him begging me to grow it, getting sad when I went to the salon for trims, and when I got extensions for our wedding he practically cried when I had to take them out and go back to short hair. It’s hard to move on when the most important person in your life doesn’t like how you look, even if everyone else does. I feel like I’ve been brainwashed to never like short hair again after seeing his sad and disappointed reactions.
    That is a weird reaction, though.

    In any case he offered to help you cut it, so that is far more important than his reaction then; what matters is *now*. And I'm sure your weight is fine. You don't have to be as thin as a board to suit a pixie.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  5. #15
    Member Lizabeth94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    198
    Type
    1b/M/iii

    Default Re: Update: I cut my hair. It worked, but I hate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That is a weird reaction, though.

    In any case he offered to help you cut it, so that is far more important than his reaction then; what matters is *now*. And I'm sure your weight is fine. You don't have to be as thin as a board to suit a pixie.
    This is true
    Pixie until I can get this scalp pain under control.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •