Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Go-To Bun(s)?

Length
    buzz/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Your Go-To Bun(s)?

At almost BSL I have started doing cinnabuns consistently...I THOUGHT what I was doing before was a lwb or nautilus, but at my length and texture it really was not, haha. I was making like...a loop and then just shoving the ends into it. It's started to look bad lately so cinnabuns it is. I have also started learning the disc bun but it isn't reliable to look good daily yet :')
    just growing along and seeing how far I go!
    originally made it to BSL, then cut to chin in june 2019 to remove damage. current length: BSL-- but healthier now!

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by itskate View Post
    At almost BSL I have started doing cinnabuns consistently...I THOUGHT what I was doing before was a lwb or nautilus, but at my length and texture it really was not, haha. I was making like...a loop and then just shoving the ends into it. It's started to look bad lately so cinnabuns it is. I have also started learning the disc bun but it isn't reliable to look good daily yet :')
    Hang in there with the disc bun!! For me once I got to CBL or so the disc bun was great and also made a big bun that made it look like I had more hair.

Now that my hair is longer I find the disc bun doesn't really work for me. My go to is LWB, a braided bun, or lately, a pretzel bun.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I realised this is the kind of thread that would *really* benefit from mentioning our current length when we comment
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I’m a little past BSL and I’ve been LWBing a lot this week. Last week it was like a cinnabun. LWB feels better on my head right now.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

My go-to bun is a high pony tail braided , wrapped around the base and secured with either a fork or two sticks.

Length
    3 inc/62 “/74”
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Cinnamininnum. With a fork/stick
    Lady Shannon
    Dragon Longhaired Knights
    Cairehre Mountains

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    My go-to bun is a high pony tail braided , wrapped around the base and secured with either a fork or two sticks.
    I do that as my sleep style but held with a bobby pin. I’m looking forward to growing mine so that I can do that as bigger bun
    ———

My go to used to be a nautilus, but since I discovered a LWB I prefer that as there’s less sticky out bits. Held with a fork or stick. My length is MBL.

I don't know if it has a name, but I've been mostly doing the "very high pony, pull it thru a donut, distribute it around the donut, add an elastic over to snug under the donut, wrap loose tail around the base and pin" bun. What I like about it is sagging is practically non-existent and this doesn't tug and cause headaches, but what I don't like is how massive the whole thing is in the end. I already have a pretty good bit of bulk just from how long my hair is, and the ball on my head after this is almost comically large. Oh well.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

If braided: cinnabun
    If not braided: spock!
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    buzz/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cat11 View Post
    Hang in there with the disc bun!! For me once I got to CBL or so the disc bun was great and also made a big bun that made it look like I had more hair.

Now that my hair is longer I find the disc bun doesn't really work for me. My go to is LWB, a braided bun, or lately, a pretzel bun.
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I have been practicing my disc buns quite often lately and they are starting to look better! And SO comfortable actually, even though they aren't picture perfect yet I'm amazed at the fact that they hold and I can't even feel them up, practically.
    just growing along and seeing how far I go!
    originally made it to BSL, then cut to chin in june 2019 to remove damage. current length: BSL-- but healthier now!