Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much oil do you put in your hair?

Rodent Of Unusual Size Capybara's Avatar
    Length
    chin/BCL/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: How much oil do you put in your hair?

During the winter I use about a palmful (quarter cup?) of olive oil on each side of my hair prior to washing. I use just a couple drops of Argan oil otherwise. My hair is a bit porous towards the ends.

I’d love to have a way of spraying/misting my hair with oil! Currently looking for atomizers for this purpose. It’d be great to be able to mist a small amount of oil in the summer.
    I feel like a longhair again! Retire Your Ruler for 90 Days!

Length
    AHL/AHL/FT
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Once a week I will oiling my hair really heavy with coconut oil to the point that my hair looks wet and oil just dripping through my hair to the ground and I will just leave it overnight, clearly my hair love it and it seem like I dont have any problem with it :> On the other I will put less oil onto my hair and leave it for 45 mins, then I will wash it :3

Pre-wash I'll put a couple droppers full (I mix my own blends and put them into 2 oz glass bottles with glass droppers) throughout my ends mostly, a very small amount on my scalp. I'm WO right now but when I use oil, I'll "wash" it out with conditioner. Post-wash I'll put about 4-5 drops in my palm then spread it between my hands, flip my hair over and apply to just the ends. If it looks oily by the time it dries (it usually doesnt) it will finish soaking it up within a day or less.

Length
    33/55/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

About 1-2 tbsp of almond oil pre-wash soaks in overnight just about and 4 drops argon oils everyday. Spraying a bit of diluted conditioner on my hair to dampen it first makes it feel softer and less oily

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Four drops mixed with conditioner then rinsed out. It seems to work well and I'm too lazy to experiment.

Length
    40/42/45
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

I only use it as a mask/prepoo and I usually use about 100mL (half a cup) of olive oil from shoulderblades down. Usually I braid it and put the oil-soaked part in a bag, and sit around like that for an hour or two. Sometimes if I'm very lazy, I just put the oil on and sit on the edge of tub with my hair hanging loose.
    { tailbone classic fingertip knee ankle }

Length
    20/32/45
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Before shampooing I do a hot oil treatment with castor, coconut and grapeseed on my roots (really slather it on up there) and length. After showering I just put a few drops on my ends.

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

When I use oil I only use a tiny amount, almost the size of a pea since I have short hair now.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Looks like I'm in the minority here. I only oil my hair after washing as a leave-in conditioner, and I use very little -- enough to rub on my palms to make them a bit oily, basically just a couple of drops. I stroke this over my hair and then finger-comb through, and then if I am feeling ambitious, I'll massage it through my hair and make sure some gets to the ends. That's all I really need -- my hair isn't super dry.

Length
    22/24.5/33

Pre-poo : A lot! on my scalp and lengths, twice a week.
    Daily: About two or three drops only on lengths