Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hygge swap! Winter swap 2018. Mail out deadline: Feb 20th!

Length
    CBL/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default The Hygge swap! Winter swap 2018. Mail out deadline: Feb 20th!

Welcome to the winter swap 2018/2019!

What is Hygge?

Hygge/hyggelig (Danish), kos/koselig (Norwegian) or mys/mysigt (Swedish) is the concept of making every day a little bit nicer, cozier, warmer if you will. Here in Scandinavia we have long, cold and dark winters, and hygge helps us overcome XD (although you can practise hygge year-round and in all climates!). The Visit Denmark website describes it as: “In essence, hygge means creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people. The warm glow of candlelight is hygge. Cosying up with a loved one for a movie – that’s hygge, too. And there's nothing more hygge than sitting around with friends and family, discussing the big and small things in life.” I would add: It’s how to breathe a bit easier, lower your shoulders, smile more, feel more happy in your everyday life. Carve a little room for relaxing and cozy!
    Someone mentioned how is this different to a normal swap box? It isn’t much really! The contents of our boxes will be quite similar to what they always are. But I want us all to focus a bit on creating hygge in our daily lives. Not only for your giftee, but for yourself too! During the holiday season it can get so easy to be stressed and overworked. I hope the swap can be a place for all to have a breather and have it hyggelig together!
    Some key words that are closely associated with hygge: Candles, fuzzy socks, knitted sweaters, cozy scarves, soft throw blankets, warm beverages, yummy food and snacks, indulging in sweets (especially homemade goodies), movie nights, good conversations, alone time, social time, reading, movies, being offline, flowers and plants, going for a walk, good music, laughter, all the good things in life really!
    So how can you do hygge-related hair things? A gift given with love is hygge in itself! The most important thing is to consider what will give your giftee a sense of warmth and well-being

Matches go out: Nov 20th
    Mail out deadline: Feb 20th

Rules:

• Your box is to be 4 items only (excluding edibles)
    • A pair or set of something (gloves, hairsticks, bobby pins i.e.) counts as one item.
    • Tea, candy, chocolate, snacks etc you can include as many as you wish.
    • There is no minimum or maximum spending limit
    • At least one item must in some way be hair-related
    • Items can be new, handmade or second hand!
    • You must send me a tracking number and/or receipt when you ship
    • You must post a reveal when your gift arrives, including at least one photo (but the more, the merrier!).

To join:
    You must have been a member here for at least 5 months with at least 50 posts
    OR
    Have participated in a swap before
    OR
    Have an established member vouch for you. If you fail to fulfil your swap box, the member who vouched for you will be the angel gifter for your giftee.

Please email me the following information at m.c.moland @ gmail.com (this is an old email I don’t use for anything else). Mark the subject as "LHC Hygge Swap - (your username here)"

-LHC Name
    -Real Name
    -Your Address
    -Shipping preferences (In your country, internationally etc) - I will try to accommodate requests where possible but cannot guarantee this
    -Presence of allergens in your house (smoke, pets etc)
    -Allergies:
    -Mailbox situation (Delivered to your house or do you have to make a special trip to visit it?)
    -Optional: Your previous swap partners, anyone special you would wish to gift to, anyone special you would not wish to be matched with. I will do my best to accommodate, but no guarantee. Wishes for gifter will be ignored.

You must also write an “about me”-post here in the thread. The more specific you are, the better! And I will encourage everyone to read their giftee’s post very clearly, and also to maybe do a bit of digging into their past swaps and other posts!

About me’s should include:
    Allllll the info about hairtoys you use (material, length, colours, waterproof or not)
    What you DON’T use!
    All kinds of relevant info on likes and dislikes on everything from animals to candy to hobby stuff (you all know the drill right?)
    Any allergies (including food allergies)
    Remember, the more thorough you are, the easier it is for your gifter
    If you're open to receiving clothes, what types, sizes and fabrics you like! Also sock/shoe sizes and if you like fuzzy socks and slippers

The usual barrage of questions can be very stressful to answer. Try to think of it it’s really necessary to ask the whole thread. You are more than welcome to email me and I’ll ask your giftee anything you need to know! This is also where previous swaps comes in handy for info, as a lot of the same questions tends to be asked over and over. However I do encourage you all to use the thread! Chat, share hygge tips, rant about holiday stress, we’re all here to have a good time together. This swap shouldn’t be a chore but a nice breather for us all ^_^

Ps: This is my first time everrrrr hosting a swap. This post might be updated and added to (I will inform the thread if I do). Please be patient with me!

So ladies and gents and unicorns of all ages, please sign right up and let’s have it koselig!

HAPPY SWAPPING!
    Last edited by PixieP; November 16th, 2018 at 06:36 AM.

June 2018: Cut back to CBL, back to growing!

Length
    CBL/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: The Hygge swap! Winter swap 2018. Sign up deadline November 18th!

Participants!

Alaska98 About
    Chromis About
    Doreen
 About
    DweamGoil About
    ExpectoPatronum About
    Hailwidis About
    HaMalka About
    hobbitlocks About
    Jas
 About
    Katia_k About
    Languagenut About
    ladycaladium About
    Maelyssa About
    Milady_deWinter About
    Neko_kawaii About
    Nightshade About
    PixieP
 About
    physicschick About
    Red. About
    Robot Ninja About
    Shorty89 About
    Spitfire511 About
    SwordWomanRiona About
    Last edited by PixieP; November 20th, 2018 at 05:05 PM.

Length
    CBL/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Questions masterlist!

Part 1
    Part 2
    Last edited by PixieP; November 29th, 2018 at 02:46 PM.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Hip+/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

UPDATED 11/20/2018

MORE INFO HERE

How I hygge:
    Very soft clothes, scarves, socks, tea, salty snacks, books, enjoying handmade things. Petting animals (kittens count as items? ), watching old movies, painting.

Favorite Color

Fav colors in general:
    Teal, dark green, olive green, grey, black; all a bit muted and or dark (esp for clothes). Not for hairtoys, but for other items I really like garnet or very dark purple; also orange, lime green or bright red if it’s combined with black. Green camo shades, esp in clothes, are a win-win to me! No: purple, pink, yellow, orange, emerald green, bright red, pastel colors. I prefer muted colors over super bright. Also, I prefer dark over light colors. Bright colors on black, not being the main shade, are superb too.

Hairtoy colors: interesting wood colors, teal, grey, jet black and ocean colors; green if it’s close to blue or olive/camo, crystal transparent colors -esp plain crystal-.

I’m a deep autumn girl (olive-yellowish skin, green olive eyes, tawny hair), here are some color for reference (with my personal likes and dislikes).

Favorite Book/Movie/TV Show

Book: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. My second favourite book is Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.
    Fav movie: The Professional (Leon). I’m a huge movie nerd so there’s too many to mention, some others would be All about Eve, To have and have not and tons of 40-50's movies , Kelly’s heroes… I like the Harry Potter universe (I’m Slytherin) and comics/superheroes, being Catwoman (from the Tim Burton’s movie!) my fav ever. I also love any Great Expectations version out there, and anything about time travels (esp if include rodents -aka The Groundhog Day). And all Miyazaki movies!
    TV Shows – Doctor Who, Castle, The Good Fight, I-Zombie, The good doctor, The good place, Adventure time, Regular Show, Gumball, Buffy.

Favorite Animal
    – The grey wolf. I also love big felines, cats (esp siamese!!!), orcas, seahorses, kois… I have a thing for rodents, esp rats, squirrels and chinchillas (had a chinchilla long ago and he was the best pal ever). Robins are my fav birds, I also love owls. Fav insect: dragonfly (I have one tattoed in my wrist). Fav fantastic creatures: Unicorns, pegasus, dragons. To sum up I love almost all animals, including insects, etc, with a huge exception: monkeys.

Favorite Hobby – I’m a sorta artist, esp with watercolors; I’m specialized in animals I also love to read and to do sport (strenght or running)

Preferred functional length

- Forks: absolute minimum tine length would be 5”, up to 5,5”. I need forks to have a headcurve, the deeper the better, but I like the soft curve of Jeters (3 or 4 prongers, only in arrow shape) or 60th ST (2 or 3 prongers). I usually prefer 3 or 2 prongs, but depends on makers. I love helix forks! I don’t like big toppers, so 7” would be my max for both sticks and forks, and only if they have a special topper (something carved, for example).
    - Sticks: 6 1/4" up to 6 1/2” is my sweet spot for sticks, not longer than 6 ¾ if possible.
    - Flexis: I use XS-S for half ups and megas for buns. But only discontinued flexis, I could buy the current ones in any moment.
    - Ficcares: I use L, I like them only silver based but not all in silver.
    Bun diameter – about 6” or a bit more, depending on the bun.

Hair Type
    – 2c/3a, F, iii. Right now it’s 35”, at +HL.

Preference of Waterproof finish or if it even matters to you: No preference.

Likes and Dislikes

I highly prefer forks over sticks, but can use both.

I like acrylic hair toys, both forks and sticks, but I’m very picky with acrylic stick shapes! I only like them in spiral, pixies, icicles or unicorn horns. Ovals are ok too.

Favorite Woods –I prefer dark or almost black wood (different ebony woods -esp Gabon ebony-, wenge, ziricote, etc), BUT I love interesting patterns or grain! Some examples would be spalted/curly/figured anything, birdseye maple, dyed burled wood (green/blue), zebrawood, cocobolo, dark oak, rosewood, curly maple. The lighter the wood the most interesting the grain, would be the rule

I like dymonwood and similars, esp: brindle, hazelnut, desert camo, evergreen camo, barnwood, applejack, Midnight Green Webbwood.

Metals and others: I like silver, dark silver, bronze only if it looks very old, sometimes copper. Nothing in gold please, I really do not like it. Not mixed metals either. I also like antler and horn, but I’m too picky about them.

I like hair oil infusions that smell clean or spicy, not flowersy or sweet, esp not sweet (hate vanilla scent); my fav oils are the lighter ones such as avocado, sunflower, grapeseed, jojoba. Nightblooming oils are huge favs of mine!

Edibles:

I don't drink coffee and I’m not fond of chocolate or sweets in general (an exception is blue and red licorice), but I LOVE tea and infusions, spicy ones or Christmas ones that are not too sweet are my favs. I can take black tea, green tea, red tea, any color tea actually, and I’m open to try new ones. I’m the girl that always have a cup of tea on hand!
    I also love spicy/super hot food, so much: if there’s any sauce that you know and think I should try, go ahead: I’m the girl who right now is having a toast with Sriracha for breakfast... and a cup of tea.
    I also like spicy and ginger cookies.
    Not fan of all nuts, but I'm totally open to try typical edibles from your country
    Any allergies: Nop.

About handmade items and other stuff:

I collect, and therefore I’d be so happy to receive:
    - Fleur de lis anything
    - My Little Pony, but only the vintage ones from the 80’s. If you have one lying around, i'd love it.
    - Siamese cat stuff
    - Rodent related stuff
    - Fairytales/Mythology stuff. I love tales in any form, and its characters.
    - Vintage old looking metal figures of animals/mythological creatures.

I’m a huge INTJ and not a “cute” girl, so no flowers and cutesy for me please, making an exception with animal stuff.

I really appreciate handmade stuff, esp if knitted, or carved! Wool or acrylic are both great. I don’t use gloves, but I do use mittens, scarves, socks (shoe size 36 eu, 3 UK, 5 US) and very slouchy hats (I'd love that); dark teal, grey, brown-grey, olive, black... Handmade or modded hairtoys are very welcome.

I do love plushies, BTW! Also books (english only) and anything with puns. Notebooks with blank paper, thick enough to draw and may be put a liiitle bit of water paint (think of moleskines, but I don't need any brand), would be great too. And books. Love love love books.

Things i don't need: nail polish, make up, home decoration, mugs (except if they are extra awesome and very big!), shampoo, conditioner, regular bobby pins, very basic forks/sticks, metal sticks, animal prints (except giraffe, that one is too funny), polka dots print, super girly stuff.

Head circumference, clothing sizing, jewelry preferences?
    Head circumference is 22”, I’m an XXS-XS in tees (34" bust, 23" waist, 34" hips - 36" at the widest point), 5.5 tall
    No clothes in light or pastel please! Only medium to very dark shades. If you knit I'll love your pieces! I also like tees with graphics, not baggy please Got long arms, in case you'd send a sweater or something similar!

As for jewelry, sterling silver only: I like stud earrings with shapes (never round) and pendants, esp with stones or animals. My necklaces are always short, 20-22” max, so adjustable strings or just the pendant (got enough silver chains) is perfect. I like stones both in jewelry and hairtoys, being my favs labradorite (esp if colourful), opals, chrysocolla, lapis lazuli, pietersite, larimar, tiger eye.

Etsy favorites list
    - I’m putting my fav shops list instead.
    - Favorite Etsy Shop/Online Seller/Store – Right now it’s Furnival Workshop.
    - Some Dream Items in order of preference: 1, 2, 3.

Shorta wish list - fav hairtoys:
    - Forks with 5" or longer prongs, with a huge head curve or helix. Little -up to medium- toppers please.
    - Jeters +5" FTL - 3 or 4 prongs; with the arrow topper, I also like this exact topper, 3 or 4 prongers.
    - Twisted sticks, acrylic or wood.
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; February 15th, 2019 at 04:40 AM.

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm in, too! (Answer to Questions Post)

Actually, let me start by stating since it's relevant to the whole Hygge theme - I have lots of scarves, but would love a slouchy hat although I will say that if said hat had a matching scarf, I would not be disappointed in the least! A shawl would be super awesome, too!

Please no clothes for me, but I am open to socks and slippers. I am a size 9, but can comfortably fit a size 10 in slippers.

About Me [Updated 11/20/18]

How I Hygge - Green/white tea, chocolate, baking, a hearty stew, a good book, listening to music, and luxurious body lotions/butters.

Favorite Color - Teal and sea greens (anything in between those 2 is also much appreciated)

Favorite Etsy Shop/Online Seller/Store - Hmmm...this kind of changes every now and again, but right now, I would have to say 60th Street - I am trying to catch a 3 prong fork in Crimson Ironwood, Desert Camo, Barnwood, or Tortoise.

Favorite Book/Movie/TV Show - Book - Phantom by Susan Kay, Movie - too many to mention, TV Shows - 9-1-1, Law and Order SVU, Real Stories of the ER, Josh Gates' Destination Truth, singing competitions like The Voice and The Four, cooking competitions Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef, Gotham, Dead Files, and The Walking Dead. Book-wise you can't go wrong with a vampire novel (except the Twilight series) or true crime. I love historical true crime theories like Ripper-ology or theories on assassinations of pharaohs/king/queens.

Favorite Animal - Large wild cats, owls, and sea creatures.

Favorite Hobby or Pastime - I like crafting things, drawing, and writing. I enjoy some light woodworking.

3 or More Dream Items: (listed in order of preference)

1) https://www.grahtoestudio.com/produc...ork-grahtoe-st (no bubble, please!)

2) https://www.etsy.com/listing/6427301...d_out_detail=1

3) https://www.etsy.com/listing/5535173...-shop-header-1 (because we Latins love coffee)

Preferred functional length of sticks/forks/carrots/unicorn and narwhal horns/magical swords, etc
    Preferred length for sticks 6” - 6.5” – forks no more than 6” total, fpl 4.5”

Bun diameter – about 4.25”

Hair Type – 2a / f-m / ii. It’s now about 35” long and HL

Any allergies
    I am allergic to paprika and some peppers. I have metal sensitivities as well so no earrings for me, please.

Likes and Dislikes
    I like blues, greens, teal, and ocean colors are my absolute faves! I dislike orange, pink, and purple. I also like some of the deeper shades of red, but I tend not to wear these as often. Did I mention I LOVE Teal? Because I LOVE Teal

I am more in tune with a Winter color palette:

I like acrylic toys, but it’s not a necessity. I have my fair share and have become more picky about colors since there is only so much storage space. I still prefer all the variations of blue and green hues with some level of transparency (water, mist, and crystallized versions), but don’t particularly like mesh or flake patterns. I am more in the market for forks rather than sticks, but really...either is fine. I don't have a problem adding to the horde.

I LOVE wooden toys as well and would prefer forks at this point (particularly with pretty stones in them or you can send me a pretty stone on the side and I’ll make sure it gets where it needs to go) or a really interesting stick. I don’t tend to wear pairs anymore. I do love interesting grain in wood and because I have very dark hair light colored woods are fair game as well. They produce a more dramatic high contrast effect against my hair.

I love chatoyant and interesting patterned natural stones. Among my favorites are seraphinite, labradorite, black onyx, hematite, malachite, chrysocolla, lapis lazuli, moss agate, azurite, pietersite (the blues, the swirls, the deep ruddy tones…oh, my!), larimar, indicolite, tanzanite, aquamarine, rainbow moonstone, amber with inclusions, red goldstone, and dragon vein agates.

Favorite Woods – holly, spalted anything, walnut, dyed burled wood, koa, ebony, blackwood, snakewood, olivewood, anything with cool grain, lacewood, zebrawood, cherry, satinwood, morado, cocobolo, rosewood, and maple; not keen on dymondwood, and no ruddy woods, please.

I like vintage hairtoys and geisha style combs, and kogai.

I like brass hairtoys, silver, and some copper, but copper kind of tends to disappear in my hair. My hair is super slippy and can pretty much get out of anything so I have limited metal toys because of this.

I also like bone and antler, but I am pretty picky about it. Some of the carved pieces are just not my aesthetic.

I like sea creature themed hairtoys, but not crazy big, and anything ancient Egyptian themed. I love hieroglyphs, cartouches, jackals, ankhs, pyramids, Anubis, Horus, Bastet, etc. In a previous swap, I received a book about the dissection, preservation, and forensics on mummies, and it has become one of my favorite books. Last swap my giftee got me into the Amelia Peabody books. I only read the first one Crocodile on the Sandbank, but it was sooo good.

I like hair oil infusions that smell flowery and pretty, citrusy, or oceany. I like lighter oils like grapeseed, monoi, argan, and jojoba. I like pure shea butter, coconut oil, or mango butter to make winter concoctions.

I like floral scents, particularly with freesia and/or plumeria. I like fruity scents and citrus. I also like clean and crisp scents with a bit of musk (think sea inspired concoctions). I think Vanilla smells wonderful on other people, but not on me.

I don’t wear make-up (just lipstick occasionally). In a previous swap, I received some wonderful colored lip balms. I tend to land in the burgundy, deep dark fuschia, and brown color range since my skin tone leans more towards olive than anything else. I prefer ones that are moisturizing over powdery/chalky in texture.

I like white and green tea. I LOVE chocolate and nuts (not peanut butter. I mean, I like peanut butter, but not in chocolate), chocolate with caramel and/or berries, and sea salt (not mint though). I like all kinds of chocolate; dark, white, milk, etc. Belgian chocolate is my favorite, closely followed by Italian.

Favorite animals – owls, large cats (leopards, tigers, lions, lynxes, etc.), wolves, koalas, ravens, bats, foxes, lemurs, octopuses, crabs, sea turtles and sea horses, and whales.

I dislike religious symbols and sayings, and don’t care for a lot of the fantasy realm themed objects (like faeries, elves, angels, etc.). I am not really into fandoms although I love vampire fiction and true crime, but not Twilight think more Ann Rice vampires. I do like Dragons and dragon-scaled accessories. Definitely not into sci-fi.

I don’t wear cutesy. I tend to go for more classic looks and stuff that can be worn in a business office setting. I also don’t like animal print clothing and accessories.

I dislike silicones, and stuff that builds up on the hair. I also don’t use shampoos with sulfates or shampoo bars, but tend to use light conditioners that don’t weigh down the hair.

I also wanted to mention that although I treasure all of the beautifully crafted and purchased items I receive through these swaps, sometimes they do not work on my hair. If this is the case, I may offer them on the RAOK Thread. If one of your creations or purchases makes it to this thread as a gift for a newbie, please know this is my way to find it another loving home with someone, who will continue to love it as much as I loved receiving it.

Head circumference, clothing sizing, jewelry preferences?
    Head circumference was 23” last time I measured. I am an XL in tops and am always in the market for a cool T-Shirt to sleep in. I am not a big jewelry person anymore, but I like bracelets (I can wear 7” bracelets) and some necklaces with pretty pendants.

Preference of Waterproof finish or if it even matters to you
    I have a fair array of both so either is fine with me

Etsy favorites list
    https://www.etsy.com/people/dweamgoi...f=favs_index_1

List of things you make/craft
    I can knit simple things like scarfs and make teddy bears, carve rustic hairsticks with stone toppers. I dabble in beading, and now I am into some light woodworking. I usually pick up skills for swaps. I have done some kanzashi flowers in the past. Oh, I can also make picture tiles…almost forgot about that. I am also pretty good at setting stones in wood, and now, new thing is making beaded bracelets (think meditation/protection bracelets with natural stones).

If you plan to make me anything, I’d love some decorated black spin pins. I have a very limited supply of these and would love more because the hold is awesome!
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; November 27th, 2018 at 07:41 PM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    29"/TB/CLSC
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I'm interested but honestly I'm a bit concerned about the tracking requirement. Adding tracking to international packages is VERY expensive here! I understand why you require it though but some of us non-Americans might have trouble with that part.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I'm interested but honestly I'm a bit concerned about the tracking requirement. Adding tracking to international packages is VERY expensive here! I understand why you require it though but some of us non-Americans might have trouble with that part.
    Shorty89, the customs form has a number associated to it. The tracking here is used for proof of shipping. You can scan a copy of your customs form and use that instead without incurring any extra charges.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    CBL/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    First of all, it says tracking number and/or receipt. No matter what kind of shipping you chose you will get a receipt when you ship right? I need a proof that you have shipped, this has been a requirement in every swap I have been in before.

Second, no need to lecture me about the cost of international shipping! I live in Norway and probably pay the highest shipping price of all. Last time I shipped to the US the shipping cost me 65 usd. Personally I think sending untracked is too big a risk. Making a replacement gift could get even more expensive in the end, but it is your choice

Length
    29"/TB/CLSC
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    Shorty89, the customs form has a number associated to it. The tracking here is used for proof of shipping. You can scan a copy of your customs form and use that instead without incurring any extra charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    First of all, it says tracking number and/or receipt. No matter what kind of shipping you chose you will get a receipt when you ship right? I need a proof that you have shipped, this has been a requirement in every swap I have been in before.

Second, no need to lecture me about the cost of international shipping! I live in Norway and probably pay the highest shipping price of all. Last time I shipped to the US the shipping cost me 65 usd. Personally I think sending untracked is too big a risk. Making a replacement gift could get even more expensive in the end, but it is your choice

I missed the part about a receipt being okay too. I'm okay paying for insurance but tracking would run high. I once asked about tracking to England and it was around $80 for a small parcel. Pixie, that sounds even worse than here. I get insurance so if it never arrives I can get reimbursed and buy something new.

Anyhow, I think I'm in but I want to wait to confirm since Canada Post is on a rotating strike right now. If they go on a full strike then there's no way I'd commit since things tend to get lost during postal strikes. Cross your fingers that it gets resolved sooner than later.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Whoo, swap! I am in.

About me (mostly copy-pasted from past swaps)

Preferred functional length of sticks/forks/etc:
    5.5"-6" stick functional length, 6"-6.5" total length. 5"-5.5" fork fpl. L ficcare or fakare. XS flexi for half-ups, XL for buns, or a little bit bigger if it's self-made.

Bun diameter: 4.5"-5"
    No allergies, but I'm a vegetarian.

-Forks with head curve, Quattro-style forks, CMW acrylic forks. Two- and three-prong are both good, I can probably make four work. Wider forks work better for me than narrow ones.
    -Thick sticks or pairs of sticks, ONN ovals and similar flat wide sticks, spiral sticks. I do prefer forks over sticks though.
    -Ficcares and fakkares.
    -Things to make half-ups or quarter-ups; hair-friendly barrettes or clips, small flexis, faux-flexis, or slides.
    -Acrylic and metal hair things.
    -Decorative hair things; finishing pins, clips, combs, or bobby pins with pretty things on them, kanzashi, stretchy headbands, parandas that aren't too thick (36"ish, 25"ish for the beaded part if it's beaded.)
    -Black, grey, silver, black, jewel tones, dark colors, muted colors. Cool-toned colors. Blue, purple, teal, wine red, emerald green. I'm a cool/true summer, but I also wear winter colors. And by "colors" I mean mostly black.
    -Silver-toned metals, especially antiqued, brushed, or "gunmetal."
    -Sparkly things, shimmery or glittery things, Svarkovski-style bling, beaded things, wire work, chains and chain mail, hair toys and jewelry with cool stones.
    -Ombre, watercolor prints, damask and brocade, galaxy, flame, or aurora borealis designs, vertical stripes (I do NOT like horizontal stripes on clothing items, at all) plaid, leopard or reptile prints, Chinese brocade, lace, mesh, fishnet.
    -Curves, swirls, claws, vines, tentacles, filligree. I prefer stylized motifs over realistic. Cats, lizards, geckos, snakes, octopi. Roses, calla lillies. I like weapon motifs (swords, axes, daggers, bullets,) but it might cause a problem with customs.
    -Fabrics with an interesting texture or weave, or napped fabrics. Lacy or lightweight knit or crochet things; not generally a fan of chunky knits or crochet for wearing. I prefer natural fibers. I am fine with leather and fur.
    -I knit, feel free to send yarn. I only work in natural fibers, and mostly in finer-weight yarns.
    -Goth stuff (trad/industrial/casual),steampunk (but no brown!) cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic/grungy dystopian, victorian, art nouveau, medieval, celtic or norse-inspired.
    -Dangly or hoop earrings 2"-5", hooks preferred over posts, and they don't have to be hypoallergenic. Pendants, necklaces 15"-20," I don't like collar-style chokers. Bracelets 6.5"-7." I'm very picky about finger rings and hand jewelry, so please don't send those, and don't like bracelets with dangly bits.
    -Scarves, light-weight armwarmers or fingerless gloves, cool tights, leggings.
    -Nail polish, especially metallic or holo finishes but again, customs might not like it. I don’t like crème finishes, and I already have pretty much all the drugstore colors I want. I love makeup, and would love to try some of your favorite indie brands, if you are into indie makeup.
    -Dark chocolate, especially with creamy fillings that aren't too sweet. I like tea, and love coffee. Feel free to send unusual food from your part of the world, as long as it's vegetarian.
    -Nerd stuff: Space, cyberpunk, Star Trek (mostly DS9 and TNG, not the reboot), Marvel comics (Deadpool, She-Hulk, Doctor Doom and X-Men are my favorites), Babylon 5, Farscape, Chtulhu mythos, Final Fantasy, Transformers (G1, Beast Wars, and Prime), D&D, Fullmetal Alchemist, Futurama, Discworld.
    -Leave in conditioner (no cones, protein is fine), lip balms and scrubs, cuticle creams/butters/oils.
    -BPAL and similar perfume oils; I like spicy or smoky scents, prefer "masculine" or "unisex" scents over girly ones. I do not like conventional perfumes.

Dislikes:

-Claw clips, scrunchies, hard headbands (they give me headaches), bun covers or cages, snoods, sleep caps, spin pins.
    -Wood hair toys or jewelry, unless it's painted to not look like wood. Wooden things that aren't for wearing are fine.
    -Horn, antler, bone.
    -Hair things with big toppers, antenna head, fascinators, huge decorative hair things.
    -Brown, beige, pink, yellow, orange, warm-toned colors and earth tones, pastels, neon or very bright colors.
    -Gold, copper, brass, bronze.
    -Loose glitter; much as I love sparkly things, I do not like finding glitter everywhere, forever.
    -Cutesy, frilly, or hippie-style things. Quirky or blatantly fannish things for wearing. Silly or nerdy things that aren't for wearing are awesome though.
    -Hair rinses, shampoos, shampoo bars. Bath stuff, lotions, candles, incense, domestic things. Anything with an overpowering, floral, sweet, or foody scent (except citrus, I love citrus scents), patchouli, or anything that smells like a head shop.
    -black licorice and anise and anything that smells or tastes like it, very spicy food, chewy caramel and other super-sweet things that get stuck in teeth; if your dentist cringes at it, I shouldn't eat it.
    -Hats, hand-knitted or other thick socks, infinity scarves, cowls, mittens, purses.
    -No religious things please. This includes pentacles, ankhs, and other pagan things.

Head circumference: 22"
    Clothing sizing: 36" bust, 26" waist, 36" hip. I wear a size S/M in most things.
    Waterproof finish: I don't care.

Etsy faves. It's more of a guideline than "I want these specific things."
    Last edited by Robot Ninja; November 14th, 2018 at 02:48 PM.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.