Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: The Hygge swap! Winter swap 2018. Mail out deadline: Feb 20th!

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: The Hygge swap! Winter swap 2018. Mail out deadline: Feb 20th!

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    OMG! It is beautiful!

So sad the original box is AWOL.
    Yep, it makes me so angry with the PO system actually. Chromis worked for weeks in that box, it is so upsetting... But I really adore this Sodawood beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    This is random but omg your natural color with all your roots and all, how gorgeous! I'm not sure I've seen a color so interesting irl. It's like a mysterious gold-blonde. So excited for all the dye to grow out! And of course, pretty fork.
    Thank you lots Glitch! I missed u in the forums! My hair isn't light enough to be blonde; it's like a medium/light brown with tons of golden and bronze highlights. The exact color my mum have The virgin hair is by my shoulders now, so it's pretty noticiable now

Quote Originally Posted by ladycaladium View Post
    Super pretty!
    Thank you! It really is

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Wrist • Classic! • FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Oh yay, that fits so well! And the colours look stunning in your hair

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

❤️Heatless hair —see blog Glitch's Avatar
    Length
    CBL/Waist/Hip+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    Thank you lots Glitch! I missed u in the forums! My hair isn't light enough to be blonde; it's like a medium/light brown with tons of golden and bronze highlights. The exact color my mum have The virgin hair is by my shoulders now, so it's pretty noticiable now
    Aww, thank you so much! And I see, I didn't know how to really describe it - very neat! Best of luck with growing the rest of it out
    No trims since July 10th - just a motivational siggy since I have a hard time keeping my hands from snipping away!

Length
    BSL/HL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Still no sign of your swap box, Milady?

For those of you who might be interested in taking part in the next swap, we are voting on the theme here.
    Came for the hair advice, stayed for the swaps and the bookclub

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by physicschick View Post
    PixieP, your puppy is so cute.

I have a box from hobbitlocks! It is terrific. She did a wonderful job picking things that I enjoy.

Beautiful packages:
    IMG_0520 by physics chick, on Flickr

Unwrapped:
    IMG_0524 by physics chick, on Flickr

The soap smells delicious. It was made from olive oil grown in hobbitlocks' region. She sent me some pretty notecards with pictures of succulents (20 of them, each one different!), which is great timing because I was just today thinking about a note I need to send. There is a kit for growing forget-me-nots indoors. Everything is included, even the dirt. You grow it inside the container, and it is self-watering. This is perfect because forget-me-nots are invasive in my area, so technically I shouldn't grow them outdoors, but I think they're really pretty.

The spiral stick is by Redoodle. It has the most amazing grain:
    IMG_0526 by physics chick, on Flickr
    Hobbitlocks, do you know what kind of wood this is? The top is yet another kind of wood, that one with a greenish tinge. This is a really special stick--I don't have anything like it.

Here's a really bad action shot of the stick. Please excuse today's messy braid. You'll have to trust me that I do know how to make a nicer bun than this.
    IMG_0535 by physics chick, on Flickr

There is also a really great assortment of treats:
    IMG_0536 by physics chick, on Flickr
    Hobbitlocks made cinnamon peach butter, which I'm very excited to try. I might make biscuits this weekend to put it on. (High quality homemade jam deserves a high quality surface to put it on.) There are chocolates and some Mexican fruity hard candies that I haven't seen before. From this, I've learned how to say watermelon in Spanish. There are chocolate covered almonds that were grown in hobbitlocks' region. Funny story... I offered to let DH try a Mexican candy. "No no, I couldn't possibly eat your swap gift." However, once I opened the chocolate almonds, he couldn't stop himself and was reflexively reaching for them. We are both suckers for almonds. Finally, there is some herbal tea that I'll try in a few minutes. It's a rooibos-citrus-cinnamon blend, which sounds delicious.

The cats tried to get in the way of photos, but once I unwrapped the gifts, they were distracted by playing with the packaging. Fermion especially loved the ribbons, but the wrapping paper bits were almost as fun.
    IMG_0521 by physics chick, on Flickr

IMG_0528 by physics chick, on Flickr

Thank you, hobbitlocks! You did a terrific job on this box. Also, thanks for putting up with me spamming everyone with cat pictures.
    OMG, that hairstick is gorgeous!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small