Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: The Hygge swap! Winter swap 2018. Mail out deadline: Feb 20th!

Length
    CBL/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: The Hygge swap! Winter swap 2018. Mail out deadline: Feb 20th!

Wow you are so talented HaMalka! What a beautiful and thoughtful box

Length
    BSL/WL/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I wore my swap flexi to a job interview today. Thanks again, SwordWoman!
    Recovering from a devastating shed. WL but a lot of taper.
    (C: Dr Organic Argan Oil; W: Avalon Organics Scalp Normalizing Shampoo; C: Yes to Blueberries).

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Katia_k View Post
    Since we're stalled out waiting (for me), I can at least finally do my reveal, since I managed to get my photographer today at long last.

So these are the beauties from HaMalka, which I have been using so much since I got them.

First, this adorable little lizard, that she tatted herself. He's so cute! I love him so much.

And this is the high point of a box that is all amazing, the spin pins she made herself, and the beautiful, beautiful shawl from her aunt. The pins are so silky, and super easy to put in even with the big toppers. And she said she used methods, and older fabrics, that were popular in the 1920s. The fact that they are crooked and the bun is all wonky is my fault, not the pins. I was going to redo it, but...eh.

And this shawl, guys, is so soft! I've worn it around the house like a robe, and have worn it out to work. The color is absolutely gorgious, and it's the perfect thing for someone like me who's body temperature is all over the place. Also, have a photobomb cat to make up for my dirty disgusting hair. And because he and the other cat were playing with the box the first night I got it, but they didn't get their moment in the spotlight that night.

And here is the awesome assortment of tea and sundries that was included in the box. I tried to get it so you could see all the assortment, but this is one of the pics I took by myself, so at least it should give you the scope of the bounty I received. There's some herbal stuff in there, some hot chocolate, and a whole assortment I haven't gotten to yet, but am super excited about.

She also included a lovely bottle of oils, not pictured here, because... every time I took the picture it turned out just looking like a plastic bottle. But they are wonderful and smell soooo good. And the ingredients are all natural.

Also not pictured, the chocolate orange, which I definitely ate before photography could commense.

Thank you, thank you for the box! Everything is so great!
    Katia_k, you are very welcome. I am glad everything works for you. Making the spin pins and the lizard was fun and I am glad you are enjoying them. I got the chocolate orange just about first thing when I found out I was sending to you. Chosen early and consumed early.

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    The purple shawl and the flowers are beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    Wow you are so talented HaMalka! What a beautiful and thoughtful box
    Thank you, neko_kawaii and PixieP.
    Princess Cerise of the Blushing Hues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I finally shipped! Giftee, you have the patience of a saint, and I hope the box will end up being worth it. I have proof of shipping that I'll turn in tomorrow, when I have the energy to fight with my scanner.

I am sorry that all the wrapping is poorly done... It was kind of a rushed job. So the outsides of stuff aren't very pretty. But hopefully you'll like the stuff just the same.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Hip+/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Yay fot incoming packages!!

Gifter, I don't who you are just yet but I am happy being a late receiver actually those lasts weeks are being really hard for me and I still have a long road to go, so your kindness will be much more welcome Please, don't stress for me.

BSL • MBL • WL HL+ • BCL • TBL • CL
    Thickness: 5 1/4" - 13,5cm | Length: 36" - 91.5cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    baby/bcl/dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

A mysterious little box arrived, that seems to have something to do with this swap! And inside:

A 3D-printed "Tower of Pi" pencil holder, I mean hairstick holder!

And almost just in time for Pi Day; I think the mail was delayed by inclement weather, otherwise it would have arrived on Pi Day . It even matches my shirt! (Pardon my wincey face; my brother was fiddling with the camera a little too long...)

And here it is on my desk; it's exactly what I was needing, as my can cozy had run out of room!

And of course I couldn't resist checking that all the digits are correct, and of course they are .

Thank you so much, mystery person! I love it so much!
    Last edited by languagenut; March 16th, 2019 at 07:54 PM. Reason: I'm bad at geography, lol
    Lady Kulisa, Speaker of the Mystic Tongues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    ~ Make your own bead-topped hair sticks! ~

Length
    sl/mbl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Ahhh, photo time....

So my box was from PixieP and it was awesome!

[IMG][/IMG]

A nice, cozy wool blanket, candy, and an owl pouch...

[IMG][/IMG]

More candy and inside the pouch...

[IMG][/IMG]

Arm warmers with an awesome pattern and an elephant head wrap/scarf...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you PixieP!!!
    -ladycaladium

so far from tailbone!

Length
    APL/HL+/HL?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

It's so much fun seeing all the package reveals (even though I didn't participate this year)! Such thoughtful and beautiful gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    It’s a Norwegian saying that “those who wait for something good, does not wait in vain”, and I’m sure that goes for your giftee Katia!
    That makes much more sense than the Swedish version ("He who waits for something good never waits too long")! I wonder if it started out like that and then changed with time, since the words for in vain ("förgäves") and too long ("för länge") is quite similar.

Maintaining around hip.

Length
    CBL/CBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

So happy it all made it safe to you, ladycaladium That fork fits so well with your hair colour! And isn't the armwarmers amazing? I'm blown away by my friend's talent (if anyone else wants something similar, she has an etsy shop! https://www.etsy.com/no-en/shop/Drea...2018_faveshops She takes custom requests She's a close RL friend of mine). I got very inspired by your love of wool XD it's somwthing that is super easy to get ahold of here and so hygge!

June 2018: Cut back to CBL, back to growing!

Length
    sl/mbl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

The fork is great! I love the marbling. I’m spoiled with all the wool! The arm warmers will be an awesome addition to layering.
    -ladycaladium

so far from tailbone!