Page 528 of 528 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528
Results 5,271 to 5,274 of 5274

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

  1. #5271

    Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

    BUMP & live again old thread! I have learned so much looking through this thread.

    I plan to treat my hair tomorrow, 20 grams honey to 80 grams distilled water + cardamom for the booster (it makes it grainy but makes it smells like cake ). I will be clarifying first, as I havenít washed my scalp in a week and there is some dry shampoo and serum in there.

    I have done 2 rounds of honey lightening a few months ago, and those worked wonderfully for my dark blonde hair by bringing out the already existing sun-highlights. I applied it to the hairline & crown of my head where the highlights naturally form, not bothering to make enough solution to cover the underneath parts that naturally stay much darker (a level 7 probably). The lightest few streaks are about a level 8 now, & beginning to blend with my bleach Iím growing out, and the tone is nice, golden but more neutral than brassy. I donít expect much from 1 more round, but will do a second treatment in 2 weeks when I have time to keep sludge on my hair for an hour again
    maintaining between WL & HL while seasonally trimming bleached ends last bleach nov 2020

  2. #5272
    Member cookies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    62
    Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

    Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    BUMP & live again old thread! I have learned so much looking through this thread.

    ...
    I've been reading around here too these days I'm growing out bleach and using henna now, but I love the hennaed bleach color and find the henna only part a bit darker than what I'd like. If I can achieve a happy medium between the two, I'd be very happy.

    I just introduced the SMT to my routine and I'm loving it. I read in the first pages here that someone accidentally lightened their hair with SMT, so I'll try to do that on purpose as I do want to keep the effort to a minimum, I'm lazy like that
    I already don't heat it because I don't have a microwave and apparently that's partially what kills the peroxide. Now I'm going to try and find which conditioner ingredients do too and look for one without them.

    I really wish the before and after photos were still there to see what I could expect but they all seem to be gone by now

  3. #5273

    Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

    Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    I've been reading around here too these days I'm growing out bleach and using henna now, but I love the hennaed bleach color and find the henna only part a bit darker than what I'd like. If I can achieve a happy medium between the two, I'd be very happy.

    I just introduced the SMT to my routine and I'm loving it. I read in the first pages here that someone accidentally lightened their hair with SMT, so I'll try to do that on purpose as I do want to keep the effort to a minimum, I'm lazy like that
    I already don't heat it because I don't have a microwave and apparently that's partially what kills the peroxide. Now I'm going to try and find which conditioner ingredients do too and look for one without them.

    I really wish the before and after photos were still there to see what I could expect but they all seem to be gone by now
    I am too lazy to mix my own SMT- I just load on the conditioner and leave it on extra. maybe one day Iíll try.

    Thereís a thread about using sun-in to brighten/lighten henna if your honey treatments donít do it! Some of the older recipeís for honey lightening include adding conditioner, so I wonder if there is a list buried in this thread of conditioners that would work.

    I especially am missing the photos as well!
    maintaining between WL & HL while seasonally trimming bleached ends last bleach nov 2020

  4. #5274
    Member cookies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    62
    Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

    Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I am too lazy to mix my own SMT- I just load on the conditioner and leave it on extra. maybe one day I’ll try.

    There’s a thread about using sun-in to brighten/lighten henna if your honey treatments don’t do it! Some of the older recipe’s for honey lightening include adding conditioner, so I wonder if there is a list buried in this thread of conditioners that would work.

    I especially am missing the photos as well!
    I've been doing the same with the conditioner, but last week I realised I have all SMT ingredients and did it and my mind was blown I think I'll keep doing it once a week. The problem ingredient for lightening seems to be the aloe and its high vitamin C content, so I might as well do the recommended recipe then.

    I've read the Sun-in thread but I'm in Europe and we don't have that one here, can't figure out what a local equivalent is yet. I'm not in a rush anyway, I'll still have my orange ends for at least another six months and I'll see how the honey witchcraft works out

    Either way, it seems the time has come for some new photos so I promise I'll share!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •