Page 527 of 529 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529 LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    10/20/20

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Hi All, I am brand new and started reading all the information and it is so much. It will take me a long time but I will eventually get there. Many thanks for this forum and the useful information. I have a question regarding honey lightening - does it have any impact on grey hair (i.e. does it make any tint)? May be this was discussed but I still haven’t found it. Many thanks in advance.

Length
    10/20/20

Ok, so here are some updates: I did the honey lightening two times, exactly as described on the first page. Both times it did not lighten my natural dark roots but I think it lightened a little bit my chemically dyed hair length. My hair felt soft and silky and very shiny. In the future I might do it for the conditioning, but I don’t think the lightening works for me.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by EliL View Post
    Ok, so here are some updates: I did the honey lightening two times, exactly as described on the first page. Both times it did not lighten my natural dark roots but I think it lightened a little bit my chemically dyed hair length. My hair felt soft and silky and very shiny. In the future I might do it for the conditioning, but I don’t think the lightening works for me.
    Honey lightening definitively gives a beautiful shine! As a natural brunette, I also remember that on me was more like a "natural highlights booster" than a proper lightener...
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    10/20/20

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    Honey lightening definitively gives a beautiful shine! As a natural brunette, I also remember that on me was more like a "natural highlights booster" than a proper lightener...
    SleepyTangles, thank you - it seems indeed somewhat individual for every type of hair. It is good to know that honey lightening can boost natural highlights of brunette hair. I am aiming at some more natural hair dying options, but for now my natural brunette roots (with a bit of silver) are becoming bigger and bigger

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Reviving this thread! I think maybe next week I'll give this a try...
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Ooh I didn’t know about this thread! I keep bees as a hobby so I usually have TONS of honey around. Need to try it for hair Not the lightening part but I’m really interested in the idea of using it as a leave-in

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Hey everyone, I'd be really interested in trying this on my dark blonde (bronde?) hair to bring out some of the lighter colour and golden tones. It gets lighter in the summertime when I get the chance to sit in the sun more, but with quarantine and winter it's been looking a lot darker to me.

I was hoping to see some pics of results from other people with a similar hair colour first to see if it makes a significant change - the first post on this thread has links to pictures that members posted but almost all are pre-2008 and don't show up in the post when I go look. Is there anyone who still uses honey lightening and can post/tell me about their results? It seems like a lot of effort so I'm not sure if it would be better to just spend a bit of money to get subtle highlights at the hairdressers?

More info: I've tried lightening my hair with chamomile tea (brew strong chamomile tea, allow to cool, apply as a rinse after conditioning hair and leave in for ~10 mins before rinsing out). I did this in total about 6 times and did notice a veeeery subtle difference in my hair colour but not enough to warrant continued use. It did also dry out my hair a bit). So, is the honey method any better than chamomile?

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by maddie9 View Post

I was hoping to see some pics of results from other people with a similar hair colour first to see if it makes a significant change - the first post on this thread has links to pictures that members posted but almost all are pre-2008 and don't show up in the post when I go look.
    There is a workaround for viewing old images, iirc, you have to quote the post, change http to https and then preview. I believe there is also an extension that someone made, but idk cause I use LHC exclusively on my phone. Hope this helps!

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedFire View Post
    There is a workaround for viewing old images, iirc, you have to quote the post, change http to https and then preview. I believe there is also an extension that someone made, but idk cause I use LHC exclusively on my phone. Hope this helps!
    Thank you, I did try this previously on a lot of the picture links on the first page of the thread; but unfortunately the pictures still don't appear, at least the ones I have tried. You just see an empty space where the images should be in the post preview, or they show up as a broken link icon (blue question mark box).

Has anyone got a link to the extension? I can try that, just in case it helps.

I'm not familiar with how LHC stores old images, but it could be that they're no longer accessible or have been deleted by the poster. That's why I posted here to see if there was any more recent honey lightening experimentation going on

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by maddie9 View Post
    Has anyone got a link to the extension? I can try that, just in case it helps.
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=151184

Here you go! Sorry it took me a bit to find the thread~