Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conditioner vs oil what is your favourite?

Length
    Chin/30/TBL+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Conditioner vs oil what is your favourite?

First, try to avoid the scalp. But if youre going to put anything on your scalp, oil is best to use during a scalp massage.
    But be sure to wash it out with shampoo, typically one doesnt use oil on the scalp unless its a pre poo treatment.

Generally though, for mositure and "softness" I use conditioner. I use oil as ROO during my shower which softens the hair a lot.
    but in general, getting a proper moisture protein balance, usually makes the hair a lot softer.

----Pixie---Shoulder---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---CL---->
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    SL/WL+/Term
    Type
    3a/M/iii

I agree. I only use oil on the scalp, and conditioner I just apply on the surface on the hair.

Do you always use the same wash routine? I find that I have to clarify about once every 2 months. Also, if I wash with shampoo all the time my ends get really dry. If I don't have the patience to oil my hair prior to shampooing, I'll alternate every other wash with a CO wash and a normal shampooing. Another thing to look into are ACV or vinegar or citric acid rinses.

Length
    APL/BSL/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

My hair hates conditioners which sounds really weird.i tried many brands and still conditioners cause breakage.on the other hand,my hair loves oil,rosewater,rosemary and rice water rinses.

Both, because I use them for different things. Conditioner in the shower, oil at other times.

Quote Originally Posted by kidari View Post
    Do you always use the same wash routine? I find that I have to clarify about once every 2 months. Also, if I wash with shampoo all the time my ends get really dry. If I don't have the patience to oil my hair prior to shampooing, I'll alternate every other wash with a CO wash and a normal shampooing. Another thing to look into are ACV or vinegar or citric acid rinses.
    I usually use CWC-- the length of my hair gets conditioner, the scalp gets shampoo. Then I do my regular condition after that. I almost never use shampoo on my length.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Hip+/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It requires a gif answer:

I wouldn't put any of those on the scalp either but I love using conditioner, and then sealing the moisture with oil, being avocado oil my fav

BSL MBL WL HL+ BCL TBL CL
    Thickness: 5 1/4" - 13,5cm | Length: 35" - 89cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    CBL/CL/FTL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    It requires a gif answer:

I wouldn't put any of those on the scalp either but I love using conditioner, and then sealing the moisture with oil, being avocado oil my fav
    Milady OMG. Both accurate and hilarious. (Love that movie.)
    {just a little longer I promise}
    Please be advised that LHC-itis can become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Nothing really to add here, but that gif is hilarious! And I agree, that movie's the bomb.

My scalp has been super dry on the front portion near the hairline so I've been putting conditioner on that part of my scalp while I shower and it's doing better since then but I'm still experimenting. But in general I would avoid the rest of your scalp just in case in causes increased hair shedding