Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are there any hair styles you just cannot get right matter how much you try?

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: Are there any hair styles you just cannot get right matter how much you try?

Any of the knot buns like the nautilus, My taper doesn't allow for a proper hold and balance. Haven't been able to do the lazy wrap for the same reason, though I might be able to do it now but haven't tried.

I can't do a french twist, I get a dinosaur crest instead.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Are there any hair styles you just cannot get right matter how much you try?

I can do just about any style imaginable on someone else. Some things are nearly impossible to do on myself because my hair is so thin. Others, are hard to do because I don't have the patience and strength to hold my arms up over my head forever (think corn rows: I can do em on others, just don't have the endurance on me). The one thing I wish I could do on me is one of those low fat buns at the nap of my neck that you can see from the front. I got two problems with that one:
    1. thin hair that makes a tiny bun, and
    2. a weird uneven hairline in the back that you can't pin anything to.

Sigh
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    10/BCL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Any kind of smooth, neat braid on myself. I can do them on other people, just not on my own hair. They always look like I have horrible braid shred even if I have just finished putting in the elastic.

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

There are a bunch that don't work on me the way they do on others. maybe due to my lack of thickness, or my taper. However, I keep trying because even if it doesn't turn out like the picture, I sometimes end up with something I love that I have never seen before. One of those is my go to currently and I can't even remember what I was trying out, just that this is easy, makes my bun look really big and holds well and is cool to look at. One of these days I'll post it on the bun thread and get name suggestions.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Milkmaid braids that hold well and look decent. Nope!
    Crown braid. I attempted it once and I knew then that it was never going to happen.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Any "name buns" discussed on this site, basically - i.e. any that have a specific name, like 'nautilus', 'cinnamon', etc. etc (Not that my hair is super-long, but I couldn't do them even when it was longer.) I have a couple of updos that are my staples (held with a beak clip, usually), and frankly they are all I need, too.
    Last edited by Rosetta; October 15th, 2018 at 02:45 AM.