Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to grow back my hair after iron deficiency?

Unhappy How to grow back my hair after iron deficiency?

Hello! Iron deficiency made me loose extremelyyyy a lot hair ( you cannot even imagine the disaster) 3,5 years before. But still especially the hair in the side of my head did not grow thicker and the thickness i nothing like before. I really don't know what to do. My hair are long enough but so thinly that they look bad even they are healthy. What to do to grow back my hair?

Of course now i take iron and the hair loose is normal. The mistake that i did is that into this 3 years i was stopping for 1-2 months the iron supplement some times and the hair fall was big so i was loosing a lot of the hair that i had grown.

For now on i will never stop the iron supplements but is this enough?

I do that from September but i have not seen improvement in the thickess of my hair just that the hair fall is not significant. How long do i have to wait?

I am really sad cause it is like i have 1/5 or 1/4 of the hair i had before this disaster and its 3,5 years after.

Also i shampoo every 5 days and not use heat to my hair.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: How to grow back my hair after iron deficiency?

Talk to your doctor about this. There may be more than an iron deficiency causing this.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    Talk to your doctor about this. There may be more than an iron deficiency causing this.
    Hello thank you for your reply. No it is only iron deficiency cause i have checked it and with blood test.
    And when i take iron supplements the hair fall is normal.
    The problem is that my hair don't grow thick as before. At least 3,5 years after are still nothing like before.

Length
    13/36/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

If your iron deficiency is corrected, your hair should grow back and return to normal right away. It's not just a deficiency causing it if you r hair hasn't grown back.

"Blood tests" do not capture pattern balding.

The iron deficiency could have revealed your pattern balding early.
    My growing thread on thin hair - Cut: Sept/Oct '16 - ~25" - 30" MBL - 32" WL - 34" Hips - 37” TBL | Thickness @pony: 2.5" 2/17 - 3” 4/18” - 4.13” 3/18 Thickness @BSL: <.75" 3/17 - 7/8” 4/18 - 1.5” 3/18

Quote Originally Posted by Reyesuela View Post
    If your iron deficiency is corrected, your hair should grow back and return to normal right away. It's not just a deficiency causing it if you r hair hasn't grown back.

Hello!
    So they should have grow back all together right away?

What else could be? i have checked my B12 and was ok i checked and my zinc.
    I also have checked twice my thyroid. Everything was ok!

I don't have balding! they are just not thick like before! My hair is just less and i am young for balding.

If you don't want to go down the route of investigating medications such as Minoxidil and laser therapy which does have evidence showing improvement in the thickness of new hair follicles.. (a trichologist would be able to give you more information) I'm going to suggest trying Bondi Boost products. I have been using them for a couple of weeks and they are excellent. Just take a look at the ingredients..

https://bondiboost.com.au

I use the intensive growth spray, growth shampoo and conditioner, and also take the supplements they sell. The conditioning mask is the best I have ever used.. I suggest googling the reviews.. looking at youtube videos of people that have used the products.. check their facebook page and instagram if you need some confidence as to the success of their products..Women who have lost hair, damaged hair etc have had very good results with them.. and it's all natural... the reviews across the board are amazing..Importantly, many people say they have thickened new hair..

Other than that, I would ask the doctor for a thyroid check and also hormone check.. have you done that at all?

Then I would look at diet.. is the rest of your diet good? Good quality Protein, biotin, plenty of water (at least 2 litres a day) and fruit and veg?

I did read a study yesterday that in women that had lost hair through iron deficiency, a doctor found that the iron supplements were not successful without lysine - https://blog.viviscal.com/4-benefits...r-hair-growth/ Here's some info on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Cate36 View Post
    If you don't want to go down the route of investigating medications such as Minoxidil and laser therapy which does have evidence showing improvement in the thickness of new hair follicles.. (a trichologist would be able to give you more information) I'm going to suggest trying Bondi Boost products. I have been using them for a couple of weeks and they are excellent. Just take a look at the ingredients..

https://bondiboost.com.au

I use the intensive growth spray, growth shampoo and conditioner, and also take the supplements they sell. The conditioning mask is the best I have ever used.. I suggest googling the reviews.. looking at youtube videos of people that have used the products.. check their facebook page and instagram if you need some confidence as to the success of their products..Women who have lost hair, damaged hair etc have had very good results with them.. and it's all natural... the reviews across the board are amazing..Importantly, many people say they have thickened new hair..

Other than that, I would ask the doctor for a thyroid check and also hormone check.. have you done that at all?

Then I would look at diet.. is the rest of your diet good? Good quality Protein, biotin, plenty of water (at least 2 litres a day) and fruit and veg?

I did read a study yesterday that in women that had lost hair through iron deficiency, a doctor found that the iron supplements were not successful without lysine - https://blog.viviscal.com/4-benefits...r-hair-growth/ Here's some info on it...
    Cate36 thank you SO MUCH!!!!!!
    I would definetely take and Lysine!!! Thanks so much for the info and the help!
    Yes some supplements even i was taking them i was still loosing hair (not or course like before) so maybe this was the problem. But the one i take now its much much better.
    Well i drink a lot of water 10 months now but i don't eat so much fruits!
    i have done thyroid check twice and everything was fine. And i had also done hormone test one time cause i also have and acne that i did not had some years before. But the hormone test where fine! Even i am sure i should have some hormone imbalance cause i eat healthy and not touch my face with my fingers etc. I may check it again of course.

Quote Originally Posted by me lene View Post
    Cate36 thank you SO MUCH!!!!!!
    I would definetely take and Lysine!!! Thanks so much for the info and the help!
    Yes some supplements even i was taking them i was still loosing hair (not or course like before) so maybe this was the problem. But the one i take now its much much better.
    Well i drink a lot of water 10 months now but i don't eat so much fruits!
    i have done thyroid check twice and everything was fine. And i had also done hormone test one time cause i also have and acne that i did not had some years before. But the hormone test where fine! Even i am sure i should have some hormone imbalance cause i eat healthy and not touch my face with my fingers etc. I may check it again of course.
    Sounds like you have covered all bases then! Glad to help.. my heart goes out to you The Bondi Boost stuff is good.. it's an Aussie product, but it's such high quality, that it is definitely worth a go. The herbs and oils in it are specifically for hair growth and thickness.. X