Thread: dry shampoo

Length
    10 in/10 in/33 in
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default dry shampoo

so I love how the middle/ends of my hair feel when I dont wash it for 2+ things, I was thinking of trying dry shampoo for in between washes. Any luck with this? does it keep hair in better shape than shampooing with a shampoo bar? I use a home made shampoo bar a good friend of mine makes, goats milk, rosemary, peppermint etc. its lovely, but builds up very easily on my scalp, otherwise i use nizoral, but i try to stretch washes since its harsh and strips the rest of my hair.

Thoughts?
    ~chin~neck~shoulder length~collar bone length~ APL~ BSB~BSL~MBL~WL
    "And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God." — Les Miserables

Length
    shldr/tbl?/ftl?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: dry shampoo

Your homemade shampoo bar sounds wonderful! I'd like to get your friend's recipe.

For me, dry shampoo does a good job of making my greasy hair appear presentable for a day or two. Other people may not care for it, but I prefer it to washing more frequently. I don't like the heavy perfumes (and weird ingredients) in the store-bought ones though. I make my own using corn starch, oatmeal powder, and cocoa powder (for color). You can also add essential oils if you want a certain scent. It can take a couple of extra minutes to rinse out, but I've never had trouble with it.
    Lady Ambrella of the Jewel-Strewn Beaches in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights