Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: No-trimming 2021! First half only!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: No-trimming 2021! First half only!

Quote Originally Posted by Simpscone View Post
    Finally got my starting picture! I last trimmed my own hair in September so it’s already been 4 months without trimming. Hoping I can make it through the challenge with pretty good ends!

Wooh boy, it got long!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Wooh boy, it got long!
    I’ve never had it this long in my life! Feels like I’m finally starting to reach “longhair” status The trick really is benign neglect for me.

And as expected... my original goal of waist is probably going to change... We’ll see when I officially call it!
    Next goal: 34" - Hip

Length
    ?/MBL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

How hard is it for some to not trim their hair? Might sound a daft question, but simply leaving my hair alone has to be the easiest thing, for me anyway. Is cutting a compulsive behaviour that some struggle with? Does it have deeper rooted psych issues for those who obsessively cut / colour etc? This might not be the right place for this question, but as I was in this thread I thought I would ask. Hope that’s ok.
    NWSO since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

For me it was like a compulsion before because I kept checking my ends obsessively and wanting to “improve” it since I saw dryness everywhere and ugliness everywhere etc. I invested in a ton of products and my hair became much better, and also, I didn’t feel like washing the money down the drain. Kinda fixed the issue for me! But once I hit my hair goals, I want to start maintaining for sure.

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    How hard is it for some to not trim their hair? Might sound a daft question, but simply leaving my hair alone has to be the easiest thing, for me anyway. Is cutting a compulsive behaviour that some struggle with? Does it have deeper rooted psych issues for those who obsessively cut / colour etc? This might not be the right place for this question, but as I was in this thread I thought I would ask. Hope that’s ok.
    It was never hard for me not to trim before I bleached my hair. I went without trimming for months/even a year before and only trimmed when I saw split ends. But after damaging my hair, trimming became an obsession. My hair looked bad and broke off at different lengths and all I wanted was one cohesive hairstyle. Thankfully I have gotten rid of the most damaged parts and now I don't get the urge to trim at all - and I think a lot of people are like me and become obssesed with cutting their hair because it doesn't look/feel good enough.
    No trimming
    1 2 3 4 5 6

Length
    Waist/Hip/Class
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I think I'll be joining here, I have a serious inability to put down the scissors, probably increased because I have a lot of taper going on. But if I don't stop trimming I'll never make it to TBL, I think I'll have to bear the thin ends and maintain once I get further along.

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

You'd think it would be easy lol. My brain Is like: oh I like that haircut, or my ends are damaged cut that off. Oh ends looking scraggly I better get it evened up. My hair is ugly a cut will fix that. What pops into my mind it all I think about and it won't leave until I'm so manic with the thought I just do it.

Length
    ?/MBL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    For me it was like a compulsion before because I kept checking my ends obsessively and wanting to “improve” it since I saw dryness everywhere and ugliness everywhere etc. I invested in a ton of products and my hair became much better, and also, I didn’t feel like washing the money down the drain. Kinda fixed the issue for me! But once I hit my hair goals, I want to start maintaining for sure.
    That makes sense. I think once I get to my hair length goal I’ll be maintaining too.

Quote Originally Posted by ioanaxena View Post
    It was never hard for me not to trim before I bleached my hair. I went without trimming for months/even a year before and only trimmed when I saw split ends. But after damaging my hair, trimming became an obsession. My hair looked bad and broke off at different lengths and all I wanted was one cohesive hairstyle. Thankfully I have gotten rid of the most damaged parts and now I don't get the urge to trim at all - and I think a lot of people are like me and become obssesed with cutting their hair because it doesn't look/feel good enough.
    Fair enough! I understand cutting damaged hair. If the situation was someone else obsessing as you call it though, you would probably tell them their hair was good enough? We are our own worst critics.

Quote Originally Posted by paper.wyrm View Post
    I think I'll be joining here, I have a serious inability to put down the scissors, probably increased because I have a lot of taper going on. But if I don't stop trimming I'll never make it to TBL, I think I'll have to bear the thin ends and maintain once I get further along.
    Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    You'd think it would be easy lol. My brain Is like: oh I like that haircut, or my ends are damaged cut that off. Oh ends looking scraggly I better get it evened up. My hair is ugly a cut will fix that. What pops into my mind it all I think about and it won't leave until I'm so manic with the thought I just do it.
    It is easy, Bat. Just stop cutting your damn hair.. focus on the bigger picture, it’s going take a lot longer to grow!
    NWSO since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

It's usually easy for me not to trim my hair but I like a blunt hemline. If I scrutinize it too much, I start itching to take a few cms off.

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

That makes sense. I think once I get to my hair length goal I’ll be maintaining too.

Fair enough! I understand cutting damaged hair. If the situation was someone else obsessing as you call it though, you would probably tell them their hair was good enough? We are our own worst critics.

Welcome to the forum!

It is easy, Bat. Just stop cutting your damn hair.. focus on the bigger picture, it’s going take a lot longer to grow!
    It's not that easy when you do something a certain way your whole life, it takes alot to break habits that Ingrained. It's why I try joining these, I'm not doing the best Job lol