Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: No-trimming 2021!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: No-trimming 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    I failed in 2020, thumbs up I make it through 2021. Maybe that's where I will hit the goal.
    It's fun to look at first posts in this thread from years ago and see where people thought they would be by now and where they are.
    I expected I would go in one year from MBL to TBL. Guess I was overly optimistic about it, cause in the beginning of the year I had some spurt going on.. I'm more realistic now, so I will be lucky if I hit BCL in the end of 2021.. Here's to the new challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by aralee View Post
    Count me in! I trimmed my hair last February 2020. I think it's the perfect time to trim to maintain healthy ends. Looking forward to future challenges.
    Good luck, you guys!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I've decided to join a no-trimming challenge for the first time. Thank you for setting these up, lapushka.

Unless a major disaster happens, I'll end 2020 with a hemline I'm happy with, which will be the starting point for my year-long no-trimming experiment. I'm not one to track my hair and measure it, but am curious to see what happens if I just let it do its thing for a whole year, so I might try taking seasonal comparison photos.

I think my hair grows quite slowly, and I think I'd probably get stuck in an endless WL-HL cycle if I trimmed my ends whenever they felt a bit tired. Committing to not trimming for a year means I'll spend the time on better care instead.

Good luck to everyone else on this challenge!
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

The longer I wait to trim, the less I feel like trimming. I haven't decided for sure yet, but I don't think I'll trim before this challenge begins.

Idk what to put here ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I'm kind of with KokoroDragon. I was going to trim at the beginning of the year during the first few days but I've changed my routine and my ends don't feel as bad. Perhaps they can wait another year before being trimmed

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I'm going to join this thread, unless something really weird happens to my ends I think they are OK enough to no-trim another year. This year December I didn't cut my hair for a year. So hopefully I can make it to two years with a reasonable hemline

I would like to join for 2021! My last haircut was on November 20 2019. It’s about BSL now. I can’t decide if I should trim in December or not before the challenge. Part of me wants to continue without any trim. If I do trim it would probably be an inch off.

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

Locking my place here for real, I'm starting it now so 13 months no trim xD

Officially joining the 2021 no trim challenge!
    I too had the dilemma of deciding if I was going to trim or not after the 2020 challenge. It's interesting to me that others felt the same way. As mentioned above, the longer I wait to trim, the less I want too.
    But, I have made a decision. I trim on January 2, 2021. I already have the appointment. I have a feeling I won't trim Dec 2021/Jan 2022. We'll see how it goes.

Goal = Hip
    Salt and Pepper Virgin Hair
    Bob ~ Shoulder Length ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip

Length
    1/2'/12'/24'
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Hi there! I'm really tempted to join - but I have such super-fine hair and delicate, and I sometimes get a little impatient when I'm brushing and combing, so I've relied a lot on trims to divest myself of split ends. Do most people keep their hair up a lot of the time that their doing such challenges to prevent damage? My frequent trims have definitely meant that growth has taken longer than it should.

Just wondering if there's more to it than or if people have tactics beyond simply putting down the scissors!

Thanks!

Length
    APL/WL/term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I have some similar concerns as WitchyM, but yeah, this is tempting. I don't trim too often - twice this year, and not a noticeable length either time. So this sounds fun and could be relatively easy for me, but then again if my ends start looking more damaged than expected maybe I want to keep the possibility of trimming them... Hmm.

Is it acceptable/does anyone ever join this challenge for just half of the year or something?