Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Product Shower Storage

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Product Shower Storage

These Hasko things from Amazon were an absolute lifesaver for me.

I'm not someone that keeps a lot of stuff in the shower though. It always grosses me out to think about water/soap residue building up on plastic bottles. I remember finding an earwig underneath a shampoo bottle I hadn't used for a while and I learned my lesson from that, lol.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    My shower has a small shelf that holds a bottle of shampoo that I use as a body wash. This is like a cosmic alignment between the water-only washing and decluttering/minimalist threads.
    Ed
    Sounds like a very peaceful shower. Just looking at TorrinPaige's overcrowded bathroom in her videos gives me anxiety, haha.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Sounds like a very peaceful shower. Just looking at TorrinPaige's overcrowded bathroom in her videos gives me anxiety, haha.
    I like the minimalism. Plus, it is impossible to grab the wrong bottle.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    33/45/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

There's a very basic plastic basket (with a few holes drilled in the bottom for drainage) full of conditioner that lives on my shower floor. I'm picturing everyone's very organised, well stocked shelves/drawers and I'm getting jealous.

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Im wondering if I should install a shelf closer to the shower head. Not everything is in arms reach when im in my shower and it irritates me.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    40/42/45
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccalaurenxx View Post
    Yeah I wish we had a regular shower again.
    We have a real neat claw foot tub and it’s cool and all but there’s no storage space at all!
    Wow I really like the look of clawfoot tubs but never thought about the storage aspect!
    Assuming the showerhead is over the tub and not a separate stall, could you get something like this and push it to the far end of the tub to get more storage space?
    { tailbone ó classic ó fingertip ó knee ó ankle }

Thread bump.

I'm currently working on redoing my product storage.

I originally started out with just a couple products on the ledge of the tub in the corners. Since I prefer to bathe I can't use the built in shelf by the bathroom window. But once I started actually paying attention to my hair I quickly out grew that.

Then I got one of those OXO corner shelves that stick to the wall. I put it in the corner furthest away from the showerhead and it was great for a while then it started to get really grody with all the soap scum and such. I'd have to take it all apart and clean everything, just so gross.

I eventually decided that having a storage solution on the outside of the tub would be for the best. I ended up screwing a wire basket to the side of the vanity, which is right next to the tub. This is my current storage solution. Unfortunately this means that while it get protection from soap scum, it will now get splatters from teeth brushing.... I think I need to get them an umbrella. Does anyone have an umbrella for thier products?

So even though I have a large basket to fit several bottles of various product I still found myself putting bottles in front of the basket and taking bottles out of the closet for a wash. So a while ago(like well over a year ago) i bought like 30 bottles(ok a bit of an exaggeration) with the idea that I would put all my different shampoos and conditioners in them so I could have a bit of almost everything out and available for me while I'm bathing. That way I hopefully don't have to leave huge puddles of water on the bathroom floor as I go to dig in the closet for the desired product. Now that I actually have a bunch of those hand soap bottles empty I can move ahead with my organization plans. Over the weekend I washed everything up, put most of the products back in the closet, and removed the labels on the soap bottles. I am so excited to start the process of transferring all the shampoo and conditioner into them now.

I haven't gotten very far yet TBH. I'm having some trouble with transferring the conditioner. Does anyone have any tips on how transfer conditioner? Or does anyone cut thier conditioner down a bit so it can pour or go through the pump easier?

But then I realized that I still need to figure something out for my oils and solids. So I procured some travel sized sets of lotion/soaps(which I now need to empty) from the dollar store that have a similar-ish shape to the soap bottles and some travel jars. Now, I may be over thinking this because I have some small glass bottles(0.5oz) and a couple vacuum pump bottles(1.7oz and 4oz) on the way as well. So much for the sleek cohesive look I was going for. I think I may need to add in a new basket....

Any who, some visual aids. Some before and after shots of my current set up. One taken Saturday morning the other today.

It still needs work and honestly will probably be quite a while before it's completed. But I am very pleased by my current progress. Sorry for the long ramblely post.

Anyone else want to share thier bath/shower storage solutions? I'd love to see them.
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I just put the products I'm going to use on the shelf in the shower.
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

I... Have so much stuff it's in my clothing drawers + under my bed in a large plastic storage container, I only keep what I'm actively using in the shower oon this white rollable trolly with holes in it so the water drains through

Length
    waist/TB/long

We have one of these in each bathroom.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...r-rack-storage

They work very well, and don't rust like all the other 'rust proof' ones do.