Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hair tangling in the pool

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Hair tangling in the pool

Sorry this happened, I probably would have freaked out as well.

Hopefully down the road you'll be able to look back and laugh it off. That's usually what happens with some of my OMG moments.

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/31.5”/Thigh
    Type
    3c/4a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureBailey View Post
    You guys are mostly adults and I'm barely got out of high school. We still have a teenage brain until we're like 25. I cried and flipped because it was literally THAT upsetting. I don't have to justify my reaction. Nobody reacts the same to stuff anyways. If you're able to remain calm then good for you. Doesn't mean it will be that for me. It was THAT unsettling and it still is. I don't come here to be criticized about the way I feel all the time. I was hoping that you guys would show me a bit of understanding.
    On the contrary, I’m 23, and do not act like you do at all. So I wouldn’t generalize an entire age group, just because you yourself act a certain way. I’ve had hair mishaps, I get irritated, and find something else to focus on. Maturity is in the hands of the individual.
    "They probably don’t care. Honestly.” Rouge Wanderer. Enforcer of Justice of the Long Haired Knights. EL~NL~SL~APL~BS~MBL~WL~HPL~BCL~TBL~Classic Challenges: • No trimming until Classic •Braids until Dec.2018

Length
    APL/BSL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

CB, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I just wanted to offer my support, and I'm glad everything turned out okay.

I agree with a lot of the other ladies here who suggested putting your hair up with hair sticks or a claw clip... that'll be so much easier to manage. Hair tie + water always = disaster.

Length
    APL/BSL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

CB, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I just wanted to offer my support, and I'm glad everything turned out okay.

I agree with a lot of the other ladies here who suggested putting your hair up with hair sticks or a claw clip... that'll be so much easier to manage. Hair tie + water always = disaster.

Length
    APL/BSL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Ahh, sorry for the duplicate post... my internet freaked out!

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nycelle View Post
    Sorry this happened, I probably would have freaked out as well.

Hopefully down the road you'll be able to look back and laugh it off. That's usually what happens with some of my OMG moments.
    I second the hope. With a little bit of time and experience maybe close calls won't seem as horrifying.

Length
    Chin/Clas+/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

How's your hair doing today, OP?

I recommend some nice attention to the hair, special attention, some great TLC. A nice "special" wash, a great mask. Just pamper yourself a little and you might be able to put this past you a little easier.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    uhh/35/term
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Hey guys!

I'm sorry I reply so late, it's hard to keep up with the convo going...still not sure how to master it like a lot of people here do.

My hair seems okay, I still gotta check to make sure and I think I'll do an S&D tonight.

I guess our hair length being so ''fragile''? is part of what makes it more fascinating too. If we could get or regained length just by snapping our fingers, I think this whole hair journey wouldn't be as exciting since there wouldn't be the challenge anymore.

It still sucks to lose, or almost lose progress though. That remind me of when I've heard about a group of guys going around a Walmart and chopping random women's hair. The police had to show up. That's horrible, seriously, even for people who are not in the journey. Still, imagine growing your hair, learning about the tips and tricks to care for it, buying products to treat it, doing so much to prevent damage and doing S&D and talking and showing your progress to others on LHC, reaching milestones for years, --

And then one day you decide to go shopping at Walmart and some guy goes behind you and chops it all off.

Length
    HL/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureBailey View Post
    That remind me of when I've heard about a group of guys going around a Walmart and chopping random women's hair. The police had to show up. That's horrible, seriously, even for people who are not in the journey. Still, imagine growing your hair, learning about the tips and tricks to care for it, buying products to treat it, doing so much to prevent damage and doing S&D and talking and showing your progress to others on LHC, reaching milestones for years, --

And then one day you decide to go shopping at Walmart and some guy goes behind you and chops it all off.
    I live in one of the absolute safest countries in the world, but this is still something that has crossed my mind. In the end, my hair, just like myself, is always vulnerable. I don't obsess about it or anything, it doesn't prevent me from going out and about, but still, I can only imagine feeling very violated.
    Never kneel down to the holy cross
    Never bow down to their lord.
    Trying to reach TBL by Yule 2018 and Classic by Christmas 2019.

Length
    uhh/35/term
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I live in one of the absolute safest countries in the world, but this is still something that has crossed my mind. In the end, my hair, just like myself, is always vulnerable. I don't obsess about it or anything, it doesn't prevent me from going out and about, but still, I can only imagine feeling very violated.
    Yeah, I'm not thinking it will happen or anything, but I can definitely imagine how that must feel, yikes.