Thread: FreddyAnneWray - Satin sleep caps on Etsy

Default FreddyAnneWray - Satin sleep caps on Etsy

I ordered a sleep cap from this seller on Etsy. It arrived today and it’s gorgeous!

The owner, Joyce Mae, offers a choice of colours and the caps are reversible too. There are 4 sizes for different lengths of hair. I made my choice of colours and expected it to take a while for the custom order to be dispatched, but amazingly it was made and sent out the next day.

I noticed that one of the reviews mentioned a stretch satin band, which seemed like a good alternative to elastic (most of the caps from this shop are made with a non stretch satin band). Joyce Mae has made these stretch satin versions for those of use with sleeker, straighter Hair, which I interpret as type 1 or 2 rather than type 3 or 4. The satin ties wrap around and go through a loop to keep the cap secure.

I never thought I would upload photos of me in a sleep cap but they’re so pretty I chose purple and truffle (brown) with a black stretch satin band.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: FreddyAnneWray - Satin sleep caps on Etsy

Ooh, interesting! Thanks for sharing, these look great! From your photos, did you order a size medium or large?

I clicked on the review mentioning stretch satin but it said the item was not available
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Ooh, interesting! Thanks for sharing, these look great! From your photos, did you order a size medium or large?

I clicked on the review mentioning stretch satin but it said the item was not available
    I ordered a large.

I don’t know if the stretch satin versions are listed yet. I sent a message to the seller to ask about them and she offered to make one for me as she intended to list them on the site.

I’ve been using the sleep cap for a few nights now, and it stays on It’s really comfy too. The satin band is flat and smooth, whereas my precious sleep cap was elasticated. I hadn’t thought about how much nicer a flat band would feel from a sensory point of view.

I’ve been storing the cap in the little satin bag it came with, which is a bonus because it keeps it tidied away during the day.

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I’ve been using the sleep cap for a few nights now, and it stays on It’s really comfy too. The satin band is flat and smooth, whereas my precious sleep cap was elasticated. I hadn’t thought about how much nicer a flat band would feel from a sensory point of view.

I’ve been storing the cap in the little satin bag it came with, which is a bonus because it keeps it tidied away during the day.
    I wanted to say I finally ordered a sleeping bonnet, and from this seller. You adviced me to do so, on top of my silk pillowcase. Well, it was my first night with my sleeping bonnet on and my hair looks smooth, as if freshly washed. No thousands of flyaways around my face. I must have really broken these nape hairs, I know I'm a restless sleeper.
    One big step for achieving longer and healthier hair. I'm already addicted and it will go on holiday with me.
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Quote Originally Posted by Ada-banana View Post
    I wanted to say I finally ordered a sleeping bonnet, and from this seller. You adviced me to do so, on top of my silk pillowcase. Well, it was my first night with my sleeping bonnet on and my hair looks smooth, as if freshly washed. No thousands of flyaways around my face. I must have really broken these nape hairs, I know I'm a restless sleeper.
    One big step for achieving longer and healthier hair. I'm already addicted and it will go on holiday with me.
    Oh fantastic It’s amazing how instant the improvement is with a sleep cap, just one night and you see the difference. I take mine away with me too

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Oh fantastic It’s amazing how instant the improvement is with a sleep cap, just one night and you see the difference. I take mine away with me too
    I know!! And I was so surprised it was still on me this morning. My scalp liked it too, otherwise it's always in a unicorn bun.

So thank you so much for the recommendation!
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Quote Originally Posted by Ada-banana View Post
    I know!! And I was so surprised it was still on me this morning. My scalp liked it too, otherwise it's always in a unicorn bun.

So thank you so much for the recommendation!
    You’re welcome, I’m so pleased it works for you too!

I know what you mean about the scalp preferring it, I’ve had my hair up at night while it’s very hot but I had to switch to a side plait because my head hurt from having a topknot.