Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplies for UK LHC-ers!!

Length
    Short/BCL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Faepirate thats brilliant, I was just going to ask if anyone had any good suggestions for a Cone free conditioner for SMT. Thank you for answering my question before I even asked it!

Length
    26/26.5/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

On the old LHC there was a link to a UK hairtoy website which sold straightforward stuff like french twist combs. Does anyone know the one I mean?

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

http://www.incensemagic.co.uk

This is great value place to order cassia if you use it and prompt delivery.

I have used the superdrug coconut oil, but agree that it doesn't seem to work as well as the virgin stuff from Holland and Barrett, but is so much cheaper so it has its benefits!

As for SMT conditioners, I like Tesco's own coconut or citrus conditioners, both cone-free and well cheap. Both smell yummy too!

This website is also fab for shea butter, jojoba oil, castor oil and other cool stuff. Again, great service and fairly good value.
    http://www.thesoaptub.co.uk/

Length
    Short/BCL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thank you Choccielocks. There are soo many coconut cone free conditioners to choose from...good job I lurve coconut.
    Last edited by kimki; March 25th, 2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default chemical free and cone free link

Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Short/BCL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I just found some Vegetable Glycerine in case anyone looking for it: https://www.shopholistic.co.uk/

Length
    18/20/46
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

A good site for Indian herbal hair care like amla and Shikakai and quite a lot of other stuff is www.spicesofindia.co.uk. Go to health and beauty in the menu on the left over £30 gets you free delivery the last time I ordered, it is quick delivery and everything well packed.

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I've used The Soap Kitchen for all my kitchen witchin' supplies - oils, butters and EOs. Very reasonable if you like to play with your ingredients

Length
    Short/BCL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jel View Post
    I've used The Soap Kitchen for all my kitchen witchin' supplies - oils, butters and EOs. Very reasonable if you like to play with your ingredients

Right, everyone...completely ignore my link. The Soap Kitchen beats the prices hands down. Veg Glycerine there was £2.90 instead of £6.50. Doh, going to see if I can cancel my order.
    Last edited by kimki; March 26th, 2008 at 06:30 AM.

Hi another UK person checking in, I am so glad that this thread is up and running as I was always checking out the one on the old LHC.

I am also pleased that there are other people in the UK who spend more time looking at the ingredients in their shampoo rather than food! I have had some very weird looks lately when in Superdrug.

I use Lush products to wash and condition my hair at present, specifically the Blonde Shampoo and American Cream conditioner. My hair seems to like it and changing down from washing every day has really helped the condition.

I have the coconut oil from Superdrug, was astounded at the price. I like it especially putting some on the end of my braid before I go to sleep and feeling it all soaked in the next morning.

On the subject of websites I did buy some stiff from Glitz4Girls while LHC was done. I goe free delivery becuase I spent over £12.00. I would not say that the quality is great but the headscarf that I bought is brilliant and a very fetching shade of pink.