Thread: Hair Vitamins

Length
    15/33/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Hair Vitamins

I am looking for hair vitamins or supplements to help my hair.

Any suggestions?
    ISO: Hair toys!
    Waist (29 inches) ~ Hip (32 inches) ~ 33 inches ~ BCL (36 inches) ~ TBL (40 inches) ~ Classic (45 inches) ~ FTL (47 inches) ~ Mid-thigh (50 inches) ~ Knee (55 inches) ~ Beyond!

Length
    shldr/clsc/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Hair Vitamins

My suggestion is save your money. Unless you’re vitamin deficient (and I would bet unless you have a health condition, you’re not), all you’re doing is making expensive pee, and if you are vitamin deficient, you’ll need a doctor, not forum advice.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The orange cat in my avatar

started recently Priorin by bayer ..hope it helps.

Length
    Ch-Sh/26Ē/Long!
    Type
    1a/F/i

What Akurah said, but some ‘vitamins’ can help if you’re deficient. For instance, I take fish oils. This is something I’ve cycled on and off since I was a teen to keep my excema away. But they make my hair and nails grow much faster and stronger/thicker than when I don’t take them. My guess is because I obviously don’t get enough fish in my regular diet, I don’t live near the sea haha.
    Also if I ever make bone broth I tend to get a boost in the fingernail department (haven’t paid attention to the hair In regards to broth). So essentially it’s about getting good nutrition (obviously), but a lot of vitamins you buy in a bottle are synthetic and aren’t paired with the healthy fats and fibre etc which help you actually absorb the nutrients. Hence the expensive bright yellow wee!!
    SL - APL> - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - TBL
    Last dye: Feb 2017 Last trim (micro): March 2018

Length
    Chin/Class/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    My suggestion is save your money. Unless you’re vitamin deficient (and I would bet unless you have a health condition, you’re not), all you’re doing is making expensive pee, and if you are vitamin deficient, you’ll need a doctor, not forum advice.
    ^^ akurah is very much right. If you aren't deficient, there's no point, because it won't do much if anything at all.

I just take a regular multivitamin, but this is because I *need* it due to health concerns and long-term use of some medication (that eats away at vitamins). I don't take anything extra but my joint supplements (glucosamine/chondroitine, sometimes with MSM, sometimes not).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1c/M/ii

I take a lot of vitamins due to health issues, I’m liking It works hair and nails currently.
    currently hip length..3.0 thickness (at the nape past that damage from commercial color and bad habits)

Length
    APL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Just wanna put my two cents in here and say that bright yellow pee is caused by vitamin B2. B-vitamins are water-soluble and they get peed out within 24 hours. It doesn't mean they don't work, it means that they don't get stored in your body, like fat-soluble vitamins (A, E, D, K). If you eat a lot of food that contains vitamin B2, your pee will be neon yellow too (it's hard to eat that much food, so don't even try ).

I do feel effects of multivitamins on my body. I started taking vitamins for my hair and nails, and after a couple of months noticed that I felt overall better, less irritable, less fatigued. As for effect on nails and hair, I don't know. I assume there is something, just because my overall health seems to be better.

I do prefer getting as much from natiral sources as possible though. Like fat-soluble vtamins and omegas, I like taking flaxseed oil or fish oil capsules. When it comes to things like calcium, iron, zinc, B-vitamins, etc., I'd rather take a pill than stuff my face with foods I might not like at all.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I take omega 3 fatty acids/ fish oil as well. Also, I really like this Vega All In One Protein powder. Itís vitamin/ mineral fortified with quality forms of vitamins/ minerals. I also like some of the formulas from Pure Encapsulations and Vital Nutrients, they also use highly absorbable forms of vitamins/ minerals; and their products are either in capsule or liquid form, which is good (tablets can be hard to break down/ absorb for some people).

This Vega powder can be found in individual packets at health food stores too, so you can try different ones/ flavors (just be warned the ones that donít say ďall in oneĒ arenít fortified with vitamin/ minerals, those are just plain protein powders):

Length
    16/26/45
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I would recommend some as well if you are vegan, let me know, I take supplements on certain seasons.
    For me water intake is one of the most important things, eating plenty of natural foods, exercising and scalp massages.