Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to get the best out of henna?

Length
    Pixie/15"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: how to get the best out of henna?

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If you use boiling water it will dye release almost instantaneously, but "they" also say boiling water will cause the henna to perform poorly. I never cared and made it with boiling water, because I did not have all night.

Worked just fine with me!
    You also have dark hair and wasn't trying to get the bright, bright henna glow. I've used boiling water before, it works but not as well as a proper dye release.

Quote Originally Posted by lindakschicken View Post
    Oh also managed to get a pic of my hair ( I look bad face is broken out from using a lush face soap ...) but here it is http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...psefev4jnb.jpg
    Thats a nice color but it will definitely get brighter with a good dye release. Lush is a terrible brand, stay away from them. You are better off making a nice gentle facial soap.
    Last edited by Obsidian; August 13th, 2018 at 05:58 PM.
    Stay calm and waffle on

Length
    Pixie/CBL/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

LOL well tonight I'm gonna leave it all night and in the morning freeze it till thursday.

I need to get some ice cube trays (been meaning to anyway lol) so what is the purpose of the glosses? kinda new to the term lol.

Oh also managed to get a pic of my hair ( I look bad face is broken out from using a lush face soap ...) but here it is http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...psefev4jnb.jpg
    A henna gloss is an easier way to apply henna, as you just mix a small amount of paste into conditioner, spread it through your hair and let it sit for an hour or two, and then rinse it out. It doesnít give such a deep colour as when you apply straight henna because the henna is diluted. I think results will vary from person to person but on me, a gloss gave a copper colour and didnít cover greys. Straight henna (I just mixed it with water) gave me red rather than copper and did cover greys. A gloss still gives permanent colour, just to be clear! Itís useful for root touch ups if youíre pushed for time!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    You also have dark hair and wasn't trying to get the bright, bright henna glow. I've used boiling water before, it works but not as well as a proper dye release.

Thats a nice color but it will definitely get brighter with a good dye release. Lush is a terrible brand, stay away from them. You are better off making a nice gentle facial soap.
    to be fair to lush they body soap is nice and have not reacted to it yet just the charcoal face soap.I have one of their face moisturizer is ok but it seems I get the same effect if I use my shea and coco butter,aloe vera,coco nut oil, sweet almond oil and apricot kernel body butter. Oh btw the noughty brand shampoo and conditioner you suggested really is great I use hello wave (for wavy curly hair) on my and my DD it's great and it really brings out the curls in her hair!... is it wrong tho I want to henna her hair so she looks like her daddy? (she has like a golden blonde brown hair)and daddy is a red head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    A henna gloss is an easier way to apply henna, as you just mix a small amount of paste into conditioner, spread it through your hair and let it sit for an hour or two, and then rinse it out. It doesn’t give such a deep colour as when you apply straight henna because the henna is diluted. I think results will vary from person to person but on me, a gloss gave a copper colour and didn’t cover greys. Straight henna (I just mixed it with water) gave me red rather than copper and did cover greys. A gloss still gives permanent colour, just to be clear! It’s useful for root touch ups if you’re pushed for time!
    Think I'll try this in between henna applications just to keep the colour looking good.

anyone henna their eyebrows?

Length
    Pixie/CBL/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

to be fair to lush they body soap is nice and have not reacted to it yet just the charcoal face soap.I have one of their face moisturizer is ok but it seems I get the same effect if I use my shea and coco butter,aloe vera,coco nut oil, sweet almond oil and apricot kernel body butter. Oh btw the noughty brand shampoo and conditioner you suggested really is great I use hello wave (for wavy curly hair) on my and my DD it's great and it really brings out the curls in her hair!... is it wrong tho I want to henna her hair so she looks like her daddy? (she has like a golden blonde brown hair)and daddy is a red head.

Think I'll try this in between henna applications just to keep the colour looking good.

anyone henna their eyebrows?
    Nightshade hennas her eyebrows, hereís a link to her blog post about it
    https://nightbloominggarden.com/2018...s-facial-hair/

I love the Noughty brand! The Wave Hello products certainly bring out my waves but they donít feel particularly moisturising, but maybe thatís because Iím used to heavier products? I also use the Shine range for added moisture, and I use their deep conditioner once a week. Itís so good to have an English brand around

Nightshade hennas her eyebrows, here’s a link to her blog post about it
    https://nightbloominggarden.com/2018...s-facial-hair/

I love the Noughty brand! The Wave Hello products certainly bring out my waves but they don’t feel particularly moisturising, but maybe that’s because I’m used to heavier products? I also use the Shine range for added moisture, and I use their deep conditioner once a week. It’s so good to have an English brand around
    I tried their to the rescue moisture boost but it did not leave it as soft as the hello wave one. found it on sale for £3.49 ($4.46 a bottle) compared to the normal £6.99 ($8.93) so that's what 50% savings? defo going to check out the block. think I might take some of my made up henna and mix it with the to the rescue conditioner and try it on my head..

Does anyone know what would cause hair at the back of the head to thin? as lately one patch on the back of my head now feels like it's thinner then the rest

Length
    Pixie/CBL/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I tried their to the rescue moisture boost but it did not leave it as soft as the hello wave one. found it on sale for £3.49 ($4.46 a bottle) compared to the normal £6.99 ($8.93) so that's what 50% savings? defo going to check out the block. think I might take some of my made up henna and mix it with the to the rescue conditioner and try it on my head..

Does anyone know what would cause hair at the back of the head to thin? as lately one patch on the back of my head now feels like it's thinner then the rest
    Yes Noughty products are often on sale, I’ve avoided paying full price so far. 50% off is very good!

You might want to start a separate thread about possible thinning, so that people other than henna heads see it. I’m afraid I have no knowledge about these things.

Yes Noughty products are often on sale, I’ve avoided paying full price so far. 50% off is very good!

You might want to start a separate thread about possible thinning, so that people other than henna heads see it. I’m afraid I have no knowledge about these things.
    ya I just did that in the "mane" form. bugging me as the hubby "pets" my hair a lot (ya I'll admit I like it) he's been complaining that the stuff I used before made my hair feel thinner (weighted down I guess) but now it's been about 2 weeks on noughty and my hair except for the patch in the back feels thick again and it's bugging him LOL same man will be 31 in nov has a balding cow lick spot and high widows peaks.. heck maybe thats why he don't like my hair thin it remind him of himself lol

Length
    Pixie/15"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've used henna on my brows but it always looks to bright and fake.
    I've been using box dye for awhile now. I have blond and auburn, I can custom mix the shade I want so its not too dark or orange.
    Stay calm and waffle on

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I've used henna on my brows but it always looks to bright and fake.
    I've been using box dye for awhile now. I have blond and auburn, I can custom mix the shade I want so its not too dark or orange.
    might sound dumb but was thinking of using a golden aurburn dye on the brows and then henna over it. but I'm thinking that might be really dumb. I know my crack head (no seriously she is) dyed her hair black then though oooo I'm gonna dye my eyebrows black too! omg it looked horrid he put the dye on so wide and thick it like dyed her skin to she looked stupid!

I did try making a gloss just to add a little more colour. I added my hibiscus and henna sludge (it looks like red wine) to some left over lush hair conditioning treatment stuff called H'Suan Wen Hua (I'll admit I do like it) but I mixed the rest of that to the henna mix that has developed over 24hrs and it still looked like red wine and the treatment from lush is like a creamy white.. my hair after putting it on http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...psb8vbgvxh.jpg and http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...psgbig6wj8.jpg. gonna leave it on for maybe 30 min hr max then wash out.

might sound dumb but was thinking of using a golden aurburn dye on the brows and then henna over it. but I'm thinking that might be really dumb. I know my crack head (no seriously she is) dyed her hair black then though oooo I'm gonna dye my eyebrows black too! omg it looked horrid he put the dye on so wide and thick it like dyed her skin to she looked stupid!

I did try making a gloss just to add a little more colour. I added my hibiscus and henna sludge (it looks like red wine) to some left over lush hair conditioning treatment stuff called H'Suan Wen Hua (I'll admit I do like it) but I mixed the rest of that to the henna mix that has developed over 24hrs and it still looked like red wine and the treatment from lush is like a creamy white.. my hair after putting it on http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...psb8vbgvxh.jpg and http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...psgbig6wj8.jpg. gonna leave it on for maybe 30 min hr max then wash out.
    It was suppose to read crack head aunt which my phone did not type it. I left the stuff on for about 30 mins 45 mins max it does look darker but the ends of my hair are a little dry thankfully I have no more of that lush stuff so now I have a pot to keep my made up henna mix YAY. I think it's darker what do you guys think? http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q...pspzs45vao.jpg