Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

  1. #11

    Default Re: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

    I wish I had never tried to DIY it to being with. I thought I would try to save money with it, but now I've ended up having to go to the hairdressers anyway.

    I'm not sure how I'm going to find someone who is experienced in henna, a lot of people here in England do not know what it is. I've tried contacting one place and they haven't answered me back.

    I'm trying to wait a least a week to try and fade the purple out but I can't stand looking in the mirror at how weird I look right now. I really hope they can sort it and then I'm never touching hair dye again!!

  2. #12

    Default Re: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

    Here's my natural hair and then my big mistake hair http://imgur.com/a/Z1pggax

  3. #13
    Member lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    41,987
    Length
    Chin/Class/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia05 View Post
    Here's my natural hair and then my big mistake hair http://imgur.com/a/Z1pggax
    That is fixable, though, just don't try it at home.

    Just wait until the purple is out, or get a consultation in with a hairdresser and see what they say.

    I loved your brown hair. Oh well, hey, if it's any consolation to you, we all had our share of "crazy things" we did to our hair, I'm sure. I have had them... a few times over. My mistake was trying to fix it myself, and that's where it never ends, you keep dyeing it.

    If you can get your brown back, I'd leave it alone.

    And such a pretty length too!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  4. #14
    Planting Trees veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mountainous Terrain
    Posts
    1,452
    Length
    APL/Clsc/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

    I kind of love it but I'm sorry you're dealing with such a bright mistake!

    The henna'd part is very light, looks like it won't be too hard to get close to your natural color

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    820
    Length
    Pixie/CBL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia05 View Post
    I wish I had never tried to DIY it to being with. I thought I would try to save money with it, but now I've ended up having to go to the hairdressers anyway.

    I'm not sure how I'm going to find someone who is experienced in henna, a lot of people here in England do not know what it is. I've tried contacting one place and they haven't answered me back.

    I'm trying to wait a least a week to try and fade the purple out but I can't stand looking in the mirror at how weird I look right now. I really hope they can sort it and then I'm never touching hair dye again!!
    It might be worth asking at an Asian beauty parlour to see if they have anyone that deals with henna. Do you have anywhere like that in your part of the country? I’m in England too and most people I’ve met that use henna are Indian or Pakistani.

    Hairdressers are nervous because they don’t know the origin of the henna and whether or not it contains metallic salts, so they generally stay away. That, and they’re generally more in favour of commercial dye. My hairdresser loves my henna but doesn’t use it in her salon.

  6. #16
    Member Obsidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Idaho USA
    Posts
    1,827
    Length
    Pixie/15"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

    Default Re: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

    Make sure you tell the hairdressers that is was pure henna, no chemicals or metallic salts. All they really needs to do it bring your roots to the same shade as the rest then put the ash shade over it.

    If you are wanting to fade the purple, try crushing a few Vit C tablets into a powder and mixing it with some shampoo. Lather up and leave it on for a hour. I've completely removed blue dye that way and my daughter just removed almost all of a violet color.
    You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space, FEAR NOTHING.

  7. #17

    Default Re: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Make sure you tell the hairdressers that is was pure henna, no chemicals or metallic salts. All they really needs to do it bring your roots to the same shade as the rest then put the ash shade over it.

    If you are wanting to fade the purple, try crushing a few Vit C tablets into a powder and mixing it with some shampoo. Lather up and leave it on for a hour. I've completely removed blue dye that way and my daughter just removed almost all of a violet color.
    I've been sleeping with coconut oil on my head and it's faded the purple a lot on the henna'd part but not as much on my roots. I'm going to try the vitamin C, thanks for the suggestion. The purple dye is also stained all over my scalp and nothing seems to be getting it off.

    Will the hairdressers not touch my hair until the purple is all out?

  8. #18
    Member Obsidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Idaho USA
    Posts
    1,827
    Length
    Pixie/15"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

    Default Re: I need help fixing a henna bleach mistake!!!

    The purple will make it harder to color match the roots to the rest of your hair.
    You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space, FEAR NOTHING.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •