Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Oh wow 😮😮😮

  1. #1
    Member timeschild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    122
    Length
    Chl/Mbl/Tbl
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

    Default Oh wow 😮😮😮

    So my satin sleep cap came in yesterday and I used it. Bit weird getting used to it. At one point it came off I move a lot. But I also wake up a lot so I put it back on. But OMG YALL I woke up took it off and have such pretty waves in my hair this morning is that a normal thing or is it because my hair was still slightly damp from my shower?


    Just keep growing

  2. #2
    Member MoonRabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,245
    Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Oh wow 😮😮😮

    Not sure what your hair texture is, do you have straighter hair, slight waves? If your hair tends to be more straight but have the ability to hold waves, I am guessing the sleep cap kind of worked as a plopping technique while your hair was still a bit damp.

    Sleep caps do help my hair prolong my natural wave pattern. I just don't like sleeping with something on my head.
    ​You Zarkin Frood

  3. #3
    Member timeschild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    122
    Length
    Chl/Mbl/Tbl
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: Oh wow 😮😮😮

    I am still working out what hair yup exactly I have a mix of straight and different levels of wavy with some corcknscrew curls around the edges of my hair like the sides of my forehead. And back if my neck. Iv tryed to do the typing thing with conditioner but just get confused because it’s different all over.


    Just keep growing

  4. #4
    Member MoonRabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,245
    Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Oh wow 😮😮😮

    Quote Originally Posted by timeschild View Post
    I am still working out what hair yup exactly I have a mix of straight and different levels of wavy with some corcknscrew curls around the edges of my hair like the sides of my forehead. And back if my neck. Iv tryed to do the typing thing with conditioner but just get confused because it’s different all over.
    You could possibly be a 2c, which is S style waves with the random curl here and there but I can't be sure. You can always take a hair typing photo (wash as normal and do not comb or touch it and take a photo once dry) . I'm sure many members here will be able to help you out.
    ​You Zarkin Frood

  5. #5
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    54,689
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Oh wow 😮😮😮

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    You could possibly be a 2c, which is S style waves with the random curl here and there but I can't be sure. You can always take a hair typing photo (wash as normal and do not comb or touch it and take a photo once dry) . I'm sure many members here will be able to help you out.
    Yes we will gladly help you. If I look at your signature, that's more on the straight side, but that may be brushed out for all I know! Yes, please do a hairtyping picture.

    I'm glad you had pretty waves after a good night's rest.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  6. #6
    Member timeschild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    122
    Length
    Chl/Mbl/Tbl
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: Oh wow 😮😮😮

    Iv changes my signature pic to show the back of May hair hopefully this helps with typing


    Just keep growing

  7. #7
    Member Reyn127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Age
    25
    Posts
    536
    Length
    buzz/47/55
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Oh wow 😮😮😮

    A sleep cap could definitely serve as somewhat of an alternative to plopping, which is basically wrapping up damp hair on top of your head to bring out the waves. Especially if your hair is slightly wavy already, having it dry overnight in your sleep cap could probably encourage waves pretty well.

    I personally could never get it to stay on the entire night without tying it uncomfortably tight, but I wish you luck with yours!
    Sulfate + Silicone Free ~ Fingercombing ~ Benign near-neglect
    Waist. Hip. Tailbone. Classic......Mid-Thigh...Knee?...Ankle???
    29.....32........39..........42.....47
    !..49..........55........ I can't even count that far!


  8. #8
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    54,689
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Oh wow 😮😮😮

    Quote Originally Posted by timeschild View Post
    Iv changes my signature pic to show the back of May hair hopefully this helps with typing
    That looks like about 1b to me, maybe 1b/c.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  9. #9
    Member timeschild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    122
    Length
    Chl/Mbl/Tbl
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: Oh wow 😮😮😮

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That looks like about 1b to me, maybe 1b/c.


    Oh thank you so much


    Just keep growing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •