Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Put your hair care/daily routines here

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL

Default Put your hair care/daily routines here

Hey, everyone! I'm curious as to what other peoples hair care and/or daily routines are. What's your current hair care routine? What do you do daily? (if you use oils or anything like that) And, if you end up trying a new routine, write down how your experience was here! What works best for you?

I don't think I've found a good hair care routine for myself yet.
    Still experimenting ( kind of) but need ideas to experiment with.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Put your hair care/daily routines here

I detangle daily.

I used to wait long times between washes, but I’ve become a weekly washer because I discovered a deposit only conditioner that imparts a modest (barely noticeable) amount of burgundy color so I’m using that weekly to see how much it might build up. I’ve used it enough now that you can see the difference if you’re looking for it, and it’s fun. Now that I’m back to weekly washes, I am also using mousse after each wash.

I use Naturelle’s Biotera hypoallergenic shampoo and conditioner and their Sheer Illuminator moisturizing treatment in Burgundy. I use Herbal essences Tousle Me Softly mousse.

I don’t bother with oil or whatever. My hair generally prefers to be left alone, and it’s not exactly a fan of weekly washes either, I think it prefers longer stretches, but it’s tolerating surprisingly well my weekly washing shenanigans for the color thing I’m doing.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    I detangle daily.
    Bit of a silly question for me to ask, but, how do you detangle? Do you just use a detangle spray or something? Or, do you have a your own kind of way or method that you do?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dee94 View Post
    Bit of a silly question for me to ask, but, how do you detangle? Do you just use a detangle spray or something? Or, do you have a your own kind of way or method that you do?
    Er... I’m not sure how to answer this without sounding snide. It’s really not intended to be rude. I use a Denman brush to brush my hair to remove the tangles, beginning from ends, slowly working my way up to the roots.

I don’t use any products than the four listed. A detangling spray isn’t on that list
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I detangle my hair with a wide toothed comb in the morning, braid and bun it for the day. At night I just slip a sleep cap over the braided hair and sleep with it that way. I can usually have the style last about three days before I detangle, braid and bun it again for the next three days. On wash day I detangle it again, wash with diluted shampoo, rinse then condition. rinse. Sometimes I add some mineral oil to it in between the S and C, and sometimes I pre - poo lightly with coconut oil.

I generally try to ignore my hair as much as possible.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I detangle daily, usually first with my fingers and then with wooden wide toothed comb. If it is close to wash day, I use a bit of oil on the ends. During the day, hair is either in the nautilus bun or braided, during the night it is always braided.

I wash twice a week. Ideally, I oil my hair the night before, then before washing I put a mask on that is similar to SMT - cone free conditioner, aloe vera gel, aloe vera juice and glycerin. Then I shampoo, condition and use diluted ACV. If I don't have that much time I skip oiling and I just do the mask few hours before the wash After wash, I put a bit of oil on the ends, put my hair in microfiber turbie and let it dry.
    Yesterday I did a gloss with cassia and ziziphus instead of the mask and I really like the results, so I will try to incorporate that into my routine more often

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Currently I wash every 2-3 days. Pre-wash I coat my hair from root to tip in oil (usually olive oil) I use the cowashing method, then put oil in my ends while my hair is still damp (previously I was waiting til it was dry but that wasn’t working, suggestions on here helped me out).
    Each day I brush my hair, put it up in a cinnamon bun with a claw clip or soft scrunchie. It stays there all day and sometimes I don’t re-do it before bed. I sleep on a satin pillowcase.
    Between washes, I used to need extra serum or oil etc, but I don’t anymore now I’m oiling my ends while my hair is still wet after a wash. If I ever want extra oil in my ends for more protection (I have fragile bleached ends) then I’ll do that. I’d been using olive oil but now I’m using almond or argan because they’re a lighter oil.
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Shampoo, condition (heavy conditioner), condition (lighter thin conditioner, almost like a detangling rinse) daily. Add a leave-in, detangle using my wet brush, and I’m off for the day. After my hair has dried, sometimes I bun or braid, frequently I wear half ups or completely down. At the end of the day, a simple English braid is what I sleep in.

In terms of products, I don’t have a specific combination. I have a wide variety of shampoos and conditioners in my shower, and cycle through as I’m in the mood (mostly based on scent). I’ve been experimenting with different leave-ins, which I’m documenting in my blog lately. Some work better in different seasons, so I’m trying to be systematic instead of working by memory.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

shampoo only in summer to clean the dirt/dust, then double condition (wcc). sometimes I oil my hair bofore wcc or co-wash but I prefere doing it after. in autumn/winter I can get away with co-wash. I use pretty much whatever is on sale. except of course not using the same product or brand that my hair or my scalp hated. I keep track on such products too in my blog http://leayellena.blogspot.com/2017/...-products.html . when my hair is damp/dry I braid it and I am ready for the evening. the next day I usually bun my braid. if my braid is too fuzzy (usually happens this if I use shampoo) I either bun my hair or rebraid it before bunning. when I come back home I keep the bun until I lay down in bed. if my braid still stays straight I keep it for sleep, if not, I take it down, detangle my hair and rebraid it.
    sometimes I wonder where the benign ends and the neglect starts I rarelly get split ends. mostly few white dots. when I have time I s&d/do a dusting once every 3-4 months or so.
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I don't do anything daily :P I cowash twice a week and shampoo twice a month. Deep condition once a month. To scrunch my hair lately I've just been using conditioner and aloe gel.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆