Thread: Houston curly girls and guys help!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    16 in/27in/37in
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Default Houston curly girls and guys help!!

Hello LHC
    I moved from NYC to Houston and the summer weather is really drying my curls my hair is really damaged to begin with from bleach but lately it’s been extremely dry I’ve tried oils and shea moisture deep repair mask but nothing seems moisturizing enough any recommendations?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Houston curly girls and guys help!!

I heard good things about the Pantene gold line, on this channel. Maybe try that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYiaXEs_QM

ETA

Welcome to the forum, BTW!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16 in/27in/37in
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I heard good things about the Pantene gold line, on this channel. Maybe try that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYiaXEs_QM

ETA

Welcome to the forum, BTW!
    Thank you I will check it out ��

I always think of Houston as being really humid so my immediate thought was that your hair must be soaking all that moisture up. (I'm really bad with geography.) If it's one of the dry cities I suppose you could try a swamp cooler in the house or just a plain humidifier. Environment makes a bigger difference than products, in my opinion. Mine is really dry all the time and coarse and not really porous, all the things curly hair supposedly isn't. I use oils but they don't help with moisture. They just sit on top after absorbing somewhat. The only thing that works for me is using really warm water in the shower to open up the cuticle and use conditioner to get moisture in there. The less often I wash, the drier my hair is. And it is more moisturized in the humid summer here.

Length
    16 in/27in/37in
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I always think of Houston as being really humid so my immediate thought was that your hair must be soaking all that moisture up. (I'm really bad with geography.) If it's one of the dry cities I suppose you could try a swamp cooler in the house or just a plain humidifier. Environment makes a bigger difference than products, in my opinion. Mine is really dry all the time and coarse and not really porous, all the things curly hair supposedly isn't. I use oils but they don't help with moisture. They just sit on top after absorbing somewhat. The only thing that works for me is using really warm water in the shower to open up the cuticle and use conditioner to get moisture in there. The less often I wash, the drier my hair is. And it is more moisturized in the humid summer here.
    Thank you now that you mention it yes we do have humid days and when I go out on those days my hair tends to get frizzy but lately is just dry to the point where it’s snapping I got a hair cut this week which took of a lot of the damage off now I just need it more moisture