Thread: *Major Advice Needed*

Length
    1/8"/22"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default *Major Advice Needed*

Hi everyone! Long time no see! In fact it has been so long I had forgotten I had an account for this site at all. This time around I tried to register as BrokenBlonde but to my surprise my account is still here.

Letís get to it. Iíve had a very long hair growth journey. In my early 20s I shaved my head bald. I am now 27 bleach blonde hair and itís aproaching BSL. I have done just about everything wrong. Iíve bleached it, I wash it everyday, I used to blow dry and curl everyday too. I have now given up heat tools like curling irons and curlers. I have stopped sleeping on a wet head. I bought fancy Redkin shampoo and conditioner. And now for the major announcement, I have decided not to bleach my hair anymore.

However I need more advice. What am I doing wrong? Iím doing so much wrong. I wish someone would give me a list of hard does and doníts. I desperately need help to grow out this embarrassing mane. I also need help in having long hair like my fiancť. His hair is mid thigh!!!!!

Thank you so much for your help and advice in advance. Have a great day!
    Shaved(0.2")........... Ear(12"). Chin(14"). Neck(16"). Collar(18"). APL(20")... BSL(24")
    . MBL(26"). WL(28").. Hip(31").. TBL(34")

Length
    shldr/clsc/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: *Major Advice Needed*

It sounds like you already have a solid list of “don’ts”. You probably don’t need to add more. Keep in mind hair is dead matter, it cannot recover or be permanently repaired. You can help it along until it’s long enough to cut out the damage.

You will probably want to use silicone on your damaged hair to keep it manageable. Try not to be tempted by the popularity of cone-free. Silicone will hold the damage hair together better than other alternatives. Redken is a good brand for damaged hair.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The orange cat in my avatar

Length
    1/8"/22"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Great advice about sticking with silicones. I will do just that. Thanks!

Length
    1/8"/22"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Maybe I should have posted this in the Mane Forum section.

agreed with akurah; it sounds like you're already doing good! in my experience, NOT harming your hair is really the key to growing it out. in addition to using silicones, you could do a deep moisture treatment every week, and make sure to sleep with your hair in a satin cap.
    also, do you have a plan for the damaged hair? BSL is a decent length, you could maintain there for a little while until you're more satisfied with the condition of your hair.

Length
    1/8"/22"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thank you so much! Iím trimming my ends every month. Iíd like to salvage my damaged hair for as long as possible.

Again thanks yall!

Length
    Ch-Sh/26Ē/Long!
    Type
    1a/F/i

I’m doing the same - keeping the bleached damage (I’ve added photos in my album on my profile) until my natural hair grows out. I’ve got about 7-8 inches of my ‘normal’ hair grown back in so far. That’s taken about 15 months. I bleached/lightened mine. Only the once, but my goodness it completely destroyed my hair. This was after I chopped off my hair from BSL to CL!!
    Anyway, I feel you on the ‘no-nos’...

Our hair types seem to be quite similar, and as someone else mentioned silicones, I completely agree. Silicone is saving my dyed ends!! I’m also using an ‘oil serum’ (Schwarzkopf 6 Miracles Oil Serum) in between washes, washing every 2-3 days and wearing my hair up in a bun every day to protect my ends.
    I know everyone is different but that’s just what I’m doing to protect my very thin, fine hair.
    I also feel like wearing hair up in a bun each day helps to lessen the focus on growth. I’m trying not to pay any attention to my length for the rest of the year, but focusing lots on hair health and protection.
    SL - APL> - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - TBL
    Last dye: Feb 2017 Last trim (micro): March 2018