Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wraps as a protective style?

Length
    0.25/42/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Wraps as a protective style?

I'm happy to hear that you seem to understand my explanation!

Home is where the heart is

Type
    1a/F/ii

I have REALLY been wanting to order the urban turbanista hair wrap from amazon. anyone ever tried that?

Length
    Pixie/Class/Class
    Type
    1b/F/i

I buy buffs on ebay for about $1 each. They are soft "tubes" of material. I wear them a lot because they contain my hair comfortably with no damage. They are against our dress code at work since they resemble a hat, but I wear them all of the time at home and to sleep in. Also, my husband and I both drive convertibles and they are a must when the top is down, which is a lot in the warm months.

Length
    15/34/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

TatsuOni:
    What are the dimensions of the scarves you use? I'm interested in buying some but I'm not sure of sizing.
    ISO: Hair toys!
    Waist (30 inches) ~ Hip (32 inches) ~ 34 inches ~ BCL (36 inches) ~ TBL (40 inches) ~ Classic (45 inches) ~ FTL (47 inches) ~ Mid-thigh (50 inches) ~ Knee (55 inches) ~ Beyond!

Length
    0.25/42/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    TatsuOni:
    What are the dimensions of the scarves you use? I'm interested in buying some but I'm not sure of sizing.
    65x65 cm or 25,5x25,5 inches. I'd say that, that size or bigger works.

Length
    15/34/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    65x65 cm or 25,5x25,5 inches. I'd say that, that size or bigger works.
    Thank you! I got four off Amazon, two "like silk", and two silk. I don't plan on wearing them out - I'm brown skinned, and the current political climate here is unlikely to be friendly towards head coverings - but I do plan on wearing them at home, and possibly to sleep.
    ISO: Hair toys!
    Waist (30 inches) ~ Hip (32 inches) ~ 34 inches ~ BCL (36 inches) ~ TBL (40 inches) ~ Classic (45 inches) ~ FTL (47 inches) ~ Mid-thigh (50 inches) ~ Knee (55 inches) ~ Beyond!

Length
    0.25/42/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Thank you! I got four off Amazon, two "like silk", and two silk. I don't plan on wearing them out - I'm brown skinned, and the current political climate here is unlikely to be friendly towards head coverings - but I do plan on wearing them at home, and possibly to sleep.
    I hope you'll like them

Length
    2"/28"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Post Re: Wraps as a protective style?

I'm sorry that racism/religious intolerance is being legitimized as "political" where you're from.

Length
    35,5/32/term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

TatsuOni great tutorials! I like to cover my hair to work (dust and old papers), definitely going to use second method. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Elly May View Post
    I buy buffs on ebay for about $1 each. They are soft "tubes" of material. I wear them a lot because they contain my hair comfortably with no damage. They are against our dress code at work since they resemble a hat, but I wear them all of the time at home and to sleep in. Also, my husband and I both drive convertibles and they are a must when the top is down, which is a lot in the warm months.
    I use my buff too, mostly as a headband, it keep my ears warm (even in hot days a bit of wind can cause pain, when my hair is up). Tried to sleep in it once, it was ok, maybe a bit too warm.

About political climate - here where I live head covering is also not the best thing to do, you can get funny looks(at best) from some more radical people - once when I went out for a run with a buff on my head and neck (looking like a worm, but a cozy worm ) some half-brained guard from our block asked with open suspicion "yyy...are you cold?" - it was this type of questiom "better be cold, because I don't like certain religion". It's sad that you can be hurt for wearing something on your head.

Length
    0.25/42/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Konfitura View Post
    TatsuOni great tutorials! I like to cover my hair to work (dust and old papers), definitely going to use second method. Thanks for sharing!

I use my buff too, mostly as a headband, it keep my ears warm (even in hot days a bit of wind can cause pain, when my hair is up). Tried to sleep in it once, it was ok, maybe a bit too warm.

About political climate - here where I live head covering is also not the best thing to do, you can get funny looks(at best) from some more radical people - once when I went out for a run with a buff on my head and neck (looking like a worm, but a cozy worm ) some half-brained guard from our block asked with open suspicion "yyy...are you cold?" - it was this type of questiom "better be cold, because I don't like certain religion". It's sad that you can be hurt for wearing something on your head.
    I'm happy to see that people like it

Here it's tolerated to wear head coverings, but I've gotten some comments at work like "what the f*** are you wearing". I just joke and say that "I didn't brush my hair today" (thought it's often true), or "I'm becoming a real cleaner" (I clean for a living in my own company) and then people just let it go.

I've also gotten some compliments from older women.

My older customers have gotten used to it now, so they don't even think about it anymore (not even the rude ones).

I also bought a new scarf at a second hand store today