Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2018: Jamie Leigh Braided Bun

Length
    MTL/63/Floor
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: July 2018: Jamie Leigh Braided Bun

So beautiful Amaryllis!
    I have to confess I love this bun more than my usual braided bun. My ends are secure. The bun is high up so you can see the braid from the front like a crown. You pretty much just need one stick if you want. The sticks do not bother me and look better like this and the French braiding gives it way more gripe therefore it does not move. I am wearing it today again. The only catch compared to a simple braided bun is that French braiding takes more time as my hair is difficult to separate but I am learning how to make it faster. I've tried some buns but this is the second one i can really wear to work and it holds throughout the day. Win.
    "We are like roses that have never bothered to bloom when we should have bloomed and it is as if the sun has become disgusted with the waiting"

Length
    APL/TBL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I love both the single and double stick versions posted so far -- littlestarface, Ligeia, and Amaryllis. I think this bun is such a great way to show off a pretty stick... something about it being vertical really appeals to me.

This is one of my favourite buns and I wear it a lot. I especially like it because I can french braid my hair at home, then ride my bike to my office (I generally bike commute), then put it up when I get to my office without a mirror. This picture is of a more intricate version I did a while ago. When the last season GoT promos came out I thought Denarys was wearing her hair in a bun like this, which I thought was very cool, but then it turned out to be something much less practical of course! I'm sure I'll wear it again before the month is out though...

~ Not all those who wander are lost ~

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Thanks, everyone. <3

That's so pretty, hobbitlocks!

Anybody have any tips for me? I didn't wear it very long yesterday because I had wrapped the braid so tightly around the stick that it hurt.
    If I wrap it looser... it won't stay, will it?
    I could wrap it looser and then use pins, but part of the appeal to me is just one stick and no need to mess with pins.

Length
    15/38/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

This bun is so pretty! I just tried it with only one stick, and I quite like it. No pictures because it was my first time French braiding, and it's just awful xD Hopefully I'll get better at it soon.
    I am currently mostly lurking; if I ignore your posts/PM/visitor message, I am sorry but I cannot deal with people easily right now. I will get back to you when I am more mentally capable.

Length
    CBL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Very nice! I don't have a whole lot to wrap around but I'm definitely giving it a try next time I french braid.
    CBL → APL → BSL→ MBL →WL → HIP
    ⋆Growing out damage⋆

Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Oh I have never seen that style. And me thinking I knew about all Torrins styles ah ah. I will try to give it a shot. Even though it is a torture to French braid with my tangly hair.
    lol I was thinking the same thing when I checked this thread..I want to try it so bad..but its like a torture session trying to french braid my hair..tangles galore!!!

Length
    MTL/63/Floor
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Thanks, everyone. <3

That's so pretty, hobbitlocks!

Anybody have any tips for me? I didn't wear it very long yesterday because I had wrapped the braid so tightly around the stick that it hurt.
    If I wrap it looser... it won't stay, will it?
    I could wrap it looser and then use pins, but part of the appeal to me is just one stick and no need to mess with pins.
    Yeah I do not need the second stick, I just add it for decoration but my hair is kind of coarse so it holds very well, I also start it pretty high so you can see the braid from the front kind of like a crown so I guess being high helps secure it better, I like it tight but not that tight that it pulls on your hairline.... I have to say I have been wearing it every single day since I have tried and it holds even better than my braided bun, it is amazing. I believe it is due to the knots of the french braid give it some kind of anchor and traction. I will have to try with a dutch braid next.

Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    lol I was thinking the same thing when I checked this thread..I want to try it so bad..but its like a torture session trying to french braid my hair..tangles galore!!!
    Oh yes I feel you, but I take my time doing it and it is not perfect but it is for a bun so it hides it
    "We are like roses that have never bothered to bloom when we should have bloomed and it is as if the sun has become disgusted with the waiting"

Length
    bob/calf/ankle
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Here is mine:

It was a hassle to frenchbraid my hair, the ends got really tangled.
    So I doubt I will do this updo again.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    MTL/63/Floor
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Looks beautiful!

Length