View Poll Results: Do you sun your hair to lighten it on purpose?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • I sun as often as possible and use lemon juice frequently!

3 2.91%
  • I sun as often as possible, but don't use lemon juice, thats "cheating"!

2 1.94%
  • I might sun occassionally, but I don't go out of my way to do it.

40 38.83%
  • Cheese

12 11.65%
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies!

46 44.66%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people "sun" their hair in the summer, with or without lemon juice?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: How many people "sun" their hair in the summer, with or without lemon juice?

Cookies! I avoid the sun and dye my hair black

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Class/waist/Class
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: How many people "sun" their hair in the summer, with or without lemon juice?

I avoid the sun where possible. While I love to colour it gets (very light blonde) the damage is very noticeable and not worth it. It really motivates me to look after my skin in the same way, too!

I avoid the sun or cover my hair if I have to be in the sun. My hair gets sun bleached easily, and that always seems to equate to damage, for my hair at least.

Length
    pixie/chin/SL
    Type
    1c/M/i

I used to sun years ago, but not any more. Now I'm all about protecting my hair and skin as I get older.

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm in the avoiding-sun-like-a-plague club. Especially after it fried my hair to chrisp when I was 15. I could compare the damage to flat ironing your hair without heat protection, that's how bad it was.

I'm trying to keep it out of the sun. I'm not as OCD about protecting my hair as I'm about protecting my skin, but still. I wear buns in the summer, if I'm going to the beach or pool I oil it and put it in braids. I don't mind my baby hair getting slightly lightened, but in general the less sun exposure my hair gets, the better.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

When I'm outdoors I'm doing something. Running 3x a week, or mowing the yard.

For those times, I put my hair up. Double braids usually.

I've never spent enough time outdoors to know if my hair would bleach in the sun. Suppose it could. I consider sun something to be avoided.

Length
    APL/Waist/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

I picked the last option because I live in Finland. I don't get sun tan, I just burn, so I don't expose myself to sun deliberately. Same goes with my hair.

APL --- BSL --- MBL --- Waist --- Hip --- TBL --->

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I like the sun and I'm a lot of time in the sun during summer, not sunbathing though: running, walking by, reading, painting... If it's too hot I stay in the shadow. I tan VERY easily, and also get natural highlights very easily too, don't need to use any product to enhance the effect, an I love that it's natural. Anyway now I keep my hair bunned most of the time while in the sun, and wet if I'm near the swimming pool or at the beach. And of course I protect my skin as much as I can with 30-50 sunscreen.

Now I'm growing out henna, dyes, etc, so I'm using pics from some years ago so you can peep the difference:

Regular me:

Summer me:

I love summer so much ^.^
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; June 30th, 2018 at 07:38 AM.

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Type
    1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    I like the sun and I'm a lot of time in the sun during summer, not sunbathing though: running, walking by, reading, painting... If it's too hot I stay in the shadow. I tan VERY easily, and also get natural highlights very easily too, don't need to use any product to enhance the effect, an I love that it's natural. Anyway now I keep my hair bunned most of the time while in the sun, and wet if I'm near the swimming pool or at the beach. And of course I protect my skin as much as I can with 30-50 sunscreen.

Now I'm growing out henna, dyes, etc, so I'm using pics from some years ago so you can peep the difference:

Regular me:

Summer me:

I love summer so much ^.^
    Wow those pictures really show it! Im surprised no one else so far is saying they embrace the sun.
    EL - CL - NL ​- SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL ​- ???

Type
    1b/M/iii

I notice alot of people avoid the sun saying they get hair damage! Ive never noticed any damage from sunning, maybe due to how thick and coarse my strands are. Maybe they withstand the sun better. I do get a little dry from lemon juice sometimes, but a CO wash or deep treatment quickly fixes that!
    EL - CL - NL ​- SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL ​- ???