Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you like to buy off Etsy...

Default Re: If you like to buy off Etsy...

I have come to love Etsy ~ the prices have been awesome and you cannot beat the customer service, or quality in hand crafted items.
    Like others, I have gotten lost on personal websites and prefer the set up on Etsy.....so easy to mauveur....and you have Etsy to back up your purchases.
    If there is an increase it will be slight.....but the ease is worth it IMHO.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I've still bought from CMW since their move, but don't browse there often. Luckily I did acquire a fair amount before they moved, so don't have a need (loose interpretation of the word) like I used to. And there's the big thing--browse-factor. I like to browse, but lazily. I don't want to have to work too hard for my eye candy.

And as Etsy is another online community, I like that I can converse with LHCers there, too, and act as go-between (with my fave sellers) if needed.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

It won't help the cost of some things on Etsy. I find that shipping to Canada can be really pricey, especially from Etsy shops. I'm not sure if Etsy sets the shipping costs or what but it is crazy sometimes!
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I have a bigger problem with the ridiculous shipping costs that sellers are allowed to set for tiny items that cost a fraction of that to send. Mostly American sellers. There's no regulation of it so that you can get a refund when the actual shipping is much, much lower. It's the same on eBay, though not generally as bad for whatever reason. Unfortunately, it means they lose a lot of international sales.

Edit: Seems Shorty and I have had a similar experience!

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by melikai View Post
    I have a bigger problem with the ridiculous shipping costs that sellers are allowed to set for tiny items that cost a fraction of that to send. Mostly American sellers. There's no regulation of it so that you can get a refund when the actual shipping is much, much lower. It's the same on eBay, though not generally as bad for whatever reason. Unfortunately, it means they lose a lot of international sales.

Edit: Seems Shorty and I have had a similar experience!
    We do! Are the shipping costs that much cheaper for Americans?
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I don't live there anymore, but I think prices went up for shipping there, as they did in Canada - for international shipments, not sure about their domestic prices. However, when the same item sent to Europe is $50 shipping from one seller, and $8 from another, you know something is up.
    I messaged a seller once when the shipping for a couple of cloth napkins was something outrageous like that, to ask if that was actually the shipping cost, or if the cost calculator was broken, haha!
    Last edited by melikai; June 18th, 2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot info

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Honest, I never have issues with clunky websites. LOL
    IDK But I work with computers for a living.. so maybe thats why.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I've been computer-lit since the early 80s (when classes in my location were for the top 5 math students only, and everyone else got calculator lessons ), so I wouldn't say it's that. To me, it's the streamlining that fails. And overdoing the glitz and glam, and intrusive popups/convos, and having to jump too many hurdles to get what you want. Some sites are just overkill.

And don't get me started on the cost of international shipping.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    I've been computer-lit since the early 80s (when classes in my location were for the top 5 math students only, and everyone else got calculator lessons ), so I wouldn't say it's that. To me, it's the streamlining that fails. And overdoing the glitz and glam, and intrusive popups/convos, and having to jump too many hurdles to get what you want. Some sites are just overkill.

And don't get me started on the cost of international shipping.
    Yup, all of this... and I do programming... lol. I'm a stickler for organization which most of these sites are not, and overall just terribly designed and not user friendly. It's not that I don't know how to navigate these sites... it's not rocket science... it's just an eyesore.

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Also one thing I really like on Etsy is reviews. I don't trust reviews on individual websites because they are SO easy to fake. If I'm gonna spend a lot of money on something, I want to know that the seller is trustworthy.

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL