Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding hairdo

Length
    birth/Knee/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Wedding hairdo

What about that style that estrid has in her avatar? I think that would be so pretty. https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...=1#post3562118

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Have you tried bandanna waves? I've done them using two pigtails and got nice loose waves. Of course, you'd probably need something longer than a bandanna; I used strips of fabric left over from sewing projects, but I'm sure you can find some suitable pieces of cloth.

As for styles, cascade braids are always pretty, and can be fastened with a barrette or bobby pins.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Slowly growing out dye and heading toward FTL.

Length
    15/51/54+?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

So I tried to get waves with three buns. It worked, but I think I'd like something a little more 'spirally'.

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    Will you be wearing a veil and do you want to take that into account when deciding on a style?

As for braided and stylish at the top to keep it out of your face, my go-to for that is lace braiding or lace roping the area that would be where one has bangs. You could braid or rope that section of hair all the way down and turn it either into a headband by looping it under the rest of your hair, or a coronet by looping it around over your hair. You could also loop it part of the way around like the beginning of a coronet braid and just coil the length into a bun at the back. You could use your comb to hold the bun in place.

It's so interesting what aspects of wedding wear are hard to figure out. For my wedding I had no clue what style dress I wanted and spent forever trying to pick something, but I knew *exactly* how I wanted my hair.
    No, I won't be wearing a veil.

For me it was the opposite. I knew exactly what style of dress I wanted, and I had it ordered just a week after getting engaged! I do however have a vague idea of how I want my hair, just nothing specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    Have you tried bandanna waves? I've done them using two pigtails and got nice loose waves. Of course, you'd probably need something longer than a bandanna; I used strips of fabric left over from sewing projects, but I'm sure you can find some suitable pieces of cloth.

As for styles, cascade braids are always pretty, and can be fastened with a barrette or bobby pins.
    I still have the fabric strips (from bedsheets) that I used to try Victorian rag curls, but I'm not sure about the look of bandana waves.

I like cascade and lace braids a lot, but since I wear them fairly often to accent various styles, I feel like I should get something a little fancier.