Thread: maintaining KL

Length
    21"/30"/48"
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Default maintaining KL

How do all of you who have KL hair or longer manage it? Do you ever wear it out? or is it just too long?

2018 - MICROTRIMMING! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: maintaining KL

I do wear it loose, sometimes and when I do I am careful not to sit on it or get it caught on things etc. Mostly though I keep it bunned because it makes life so much easier When I want "short" hair, I bun it, and when i want it long, I just let it loose...
    JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Current lengthKnee.

Length
    58cm/70cm/130cm
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'll definitely be watching this thread, since my long term goal is knee-length. Currently still in the waist to hip abyss...

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

From about waist length on I wore my hair in buns or braids regularly. I wore it loose less and less as it got longer so when it was knee length I just did different buns and I no longer left my braid down.I wore it down for some special occasions at knee length but having my hair down is annoying and has been since about waist length. A few months ago I got 4 inch heels so that I can wear it down without tripping on the ends. The main difference that I've noticed is that different buns and methods of securing work better at different lengths. I also use a whole lot more conditioner than I used to.
    Princess Cerise of the Blushing Hues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/clsc/term
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Knee length that is fully loose is going to be more trouble than it’s worth for most people. While it should be mostly unnecessary to have it fully up, you are going to want to wear at least a braid at minimum (this can still be problematic) or length shortening partially down updos (ex: ponytail with some length wrapped around the base covering your ponytail holder).

Hair at that length can and will get into everything. When i was that length, some of my hair’s adventures included:
    Getting peed on or otherwise dipped into thd toilet
    Being sat on in such a way I pulled it very uncomfortably
    Being sat on BY OTHERS (this is not fun)
    Being knelt on in such a way that I pulled it very uncomfortably (this, btw, can also happen at classic if you’re not careful, i did this yesterday)
    Getting caught in the wheels of your desk chair (also happened to me, this prompted a cut back to waist and I still regret that)
    Additionally, anything problematic at shorter lengths (getting rolled up in car windows or pulled into the seatbelt retractor, among other things) are actually noticeably worse at longer length

In general if you want beyond classic you should probably plan to wear it up or braided most of the time.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The orange cat in my avatar