Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blunt or fairy tail.

Length
    17"/28/68"

Default Blunt or fairy tail.

Blunt or fairy tail ends, Which one do you prefer?
    I've tried trimming my hair and though it doesn't grow extraordinarily fast, I've had noticed after a week it would lose its shape. That's part of why I stopped hair cuts two and a half years ago. I don't mind my fairy tail ends and dusted the ends while they were soaking wet after washing. I was considering evening the edge after getting to thigh or knee which is a few years still. Havnt made up my mind and am not wholly convinced it would be worth it to prevent fairy tail ends. S&D has been good so far.

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Default Re: Blunt or fairy tail.

I like fairytale ends simply because I have kinky coily hair and one way or another you really wouldn’t be able to tell if I had a blunt cut anyways in its natural state. I choose to straighten it at this current time and I still don’t mind the fairytale ends. If you never took any shears to your hair in any form or fashion your hair would taper regardless. Guess I’m just not caring enough to clean cut my ends lol.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Double post.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Length
    APL/Waist/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

I try to keep my hemline blunt just because my hair isn't very thick and doesn't feel very strong. I suspect I'll have a better chance to grow long this way.

APL --- BSL --- MBL --- Waist --- Hip --- TBL --->

Quote Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
    I try to keep my hemline blunt just because my hair isn't very thick and doesn't feel very strong. I suspect I'll have a better chance to grow long this way.
    I’m the same, I go for strength in numbers. A blunt hemline makes my hair look thicker too.

Length
    27/57/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I think it's more common for straighter haired people to prefer blunt ends, and wavier or curly to prefer fairytaled. I'm just wavy, not curly, but at shorter lengths I still get a certain amount of triangle head, so I tend to steer away from blunt ends. Also the taper is not as noticeable when I wear it down, because I get some little ringlets - I'm not sure I'd have them with blunt ends. Beyond that, I think it depends how you like to wear your hair. Blunter ends and less taper are nice for braids, but no one can tell if it's in a bun, and thinner ends tuck well.

Length
    27/39/45+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I prefer blunt, though I've got a bit of fairytale going on right now because of old mechanical damage. My hair is mostly straight, which probably contributes, but I think the real reason I prefer it is because my mother always said fairytale ends looked terrible on me and would give me a trim if she saw a fairytale happening.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I wear my hair up and found fairytale ends are much easier to tuck in.

If I wore my hair down probably would prefer nicely trimmed as I think it looks better on straight hair.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Julescarm View Post
    Blunt or fairy tail ends, Which one do you prefer?
    I've tried trimming my hair and though it doesn't grow extraordinarily fast, I've had noticed after a week it would lose its shape. That's part of why I stopped hair cuts two and a half years ago. I don't mind my fairy tail ends and dusted the ends while they were soaking wet after washing. I was considering evening the edge after getting to thigh or knee which is a few years still. Havnt made up my mind and am not wholly convinced it would be worth it to prevent fairy tail ends. S&D has been good so far.
    Hair can lay differently moment to moment, so if you check, better to check again later on, or on a different day. There's a thread on it too:
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=145752

I actually purposefully layer my hair so I have a "fake" taper going on. From (almost) waist to (almost) classic.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Even though I have a lot of hair, and its thick and kind of wavy, I prefer it to be blunt. I seem to look less of a lion then.