Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My hair won't grow please help

Default My hair won't grow please help

I cut my hair due to heat damage a year and 5 months ago and it's still at the same length. My hair is curly and at shoulder length. I've followed many tips mentioned on LHC and I've started eating really healthy over the last 6 months, I haven't heat styled my hair since going natural why is it still not growing and getting thicker? When I watch hair YouTube videos and length checks all of these girls and women get so much growth so why don't I? I'm sorry for the rant everyone but I'm so upset about this. I haven't liked my hair for like 5 years due to how bad the condition was. My hair was extremely thin and it still is and this is something that I'm extremely insecure about .

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: My hair won't grow please help

Hmmm, have you had any blood work done? Any health concerns? Do you eat enough protein?
    currently bcl abt 3.7 thickness

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Have you been under a lot of stress?
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Quote Originally Posted by Wendyp View Post
    Hmmm, have you had any blood work done? Any health concerns? Do you eat enough protein?

No no I haven't in a long time, I assumed I was fine as I try to get a variety nutrients as I can in my diet. I was vegan for a bit but I really watched my protein intake to make sure I wasn't deficient... I might get a blood test now though just to see if it's still my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Have you been under a lot of stress?
    Yes I have for the past two years as I was really busy focusing on trying to graduate university with good grades unfortunately

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Stress can slow down or even stop hair growth, sometimes. Or (shudder) make hair fall out in large quantities.

Living a stress free life isn't easy though. I never thought growing out my hair would be this difficult :/

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Capricornhem View Post
    I cut my hair due to heat damage a year and 5 months ago and it's still at the same length. My hair is curly and at shoulder length. I've followed many tips mentioned on LHC and I've started eating really healthy over the last 6 months, I haven't heat styled my hair since going natural why is it still not growing and getting thicker? When I watch hair YouTube videos and length checks all of these girls and women get so much growth so why don't I? I'm sorry for the rant everyone but I'm so upset about this. I haven't liked my hair for like 5 years due to how bad the condition was. My hair was extremely thin and it still is and this is something that I'm extremely insecure about .
    Maybe there is still heat damage in there. Since when did you give up heat? If it's a year and 5 months ago, that damage is still in your hair if it is shoulder length, for sure.

Your hair is always growing, but it might be breaking off at the ends. I would check your hair for white dots up the shaft (sign of heat damage). That means there's breakage waiting to happen.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Life can never be stress free, but extreme stress over time can certainly affect hair growth. Just having a tough week, or that kind of thing won't hurt it.

Being gentle and patient with your hair, eating a good diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, and protein, drinking water and some exercise, will go a long way to giving you healthy hair. Having a healthy body comes first, followed by the healthy hair. Hair comes last on the body's list of priorities so you must take care of the body firsts to get healthy hair. It's the body that does the hair growing, so look after the body.

Length
    Pixie/waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Maybe there is still heat damage in there. Since when did you give up heat? If it's a year and 5 months ago, that damage is still in your hair if it is shoulder length, for sure.

Your hair is always growing, but it might be breaking off at the ends. I would check your hair for white dots up the shaft (sign of heat damage). That means there's breakage waiting to happen.
    I agree with this. If all your hair was heat damaged then only the hair that has grown out since your cut is undamaged. If the damage is bad enough then it may be breaking off. Can you tell us a little more about how you handle your hair? Hair type? Is the new growth curling more and making it look shorter (very possible with curly hair)?

Pix~Bob~CBL~
    Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL~FTL~KL~CL~TERM
    Journeying from pixie (1/2012), 8" big chop (2/2016) and 5" mini chop (7/1
    4/8/2019: 38.5"
    stretched