Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why can’t I see photos uploaded on threads by other members anymore?

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Why can’t I see photos uploaded on threads by other members anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    Can you provide an example thread/post where this is happening?
    In crafts and hobbies, in the nature/ landscape photos, I can’t see any of my pictures anymore.
    I’m the last one to post I’m there.
    Same picture on a different website posted the same way works on that site.

Using imageshack using the direct link in chrome on a mobile phone.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Why can’t I see photos uploaded on threads by other members anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    In crafts and hobbies, in the nature/ landscape photos, I can’t see any of my pictures anymore.
    I’m the last one to post I’m there.
    Same picture on a different website posted the same way works on that site.

Using imageshack using the direct link in chrome on a mobile phone.
    I was *just* testing them actually! The direct link did not work for me either, but their BB code copypasta did

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Ooooh! Image Shack is tricky, the direct link actually redirects when I copied the link: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/7383/p222fc.jpg

Let's see if adding the s to *that* one works:

Ding! Okay, so Image Shack will work, but is fussy and needs to be done a certain way.

From zero to hero

Length
    19.5"/Knee+/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Ya know, I as the OP of this thread have no clue as to what all of you in-the- know people are talking about. I don’t understand what “url”s are about, or what part servers play in this. All I know is that I could see the pictures and now I can’t. My iPad has used the same version 11.5 since I got it in January 2017. The old iPad I was borrowing before that got the pictures too.
    Observe, Analyze, Conclude

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairizona View Post
    Ya know, I as the OP of this thread have no clue as to what all of you in-the- know people are talking about. I don’t understand what “url”s are about, or what part servers play in this. All I know is that I could see the pictures and now I can’t. My iPad has used the same version 11.5 since I got it in January 2017. The old iPad I was borrowing before that got the pictures too.
    Maybe do Google wat a URL is, because it's everywhere. I'm actually surprised at this.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairizona View Post
    Short answer, not techie answer: The internet is updating itself and now old stuff is not working.

Ever so slightly more technical: Some pictures are not working because a lot of people used a site called PhotoBucket and they basically shut down everyones pictures that used them. Now there is a second issue. The site owner had to update the forum because of Internet Stuff that is changing. Not all the picture sites have updated yet though so some of the photo sites still don't work.

From zero to hero

Length
    19.5"/Knee+/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Chromes, what you are saying makes sense to me.

Lapushka, I am not computer internet oriented at all. I am amazed that I am able to do what I can now. Not everyone understands this stuff or has the time to get to know and understand this stuff. Younger persons who grew up with it are among those who have the most understanding as a group. Less so with persons my age, and just because I am more used to actually, for example wanted to actually talk to someone on the phone rather than text. Just an example.....
    Observe, Analyze, Conclude

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    Ooooh! Image Shack is tricky, the direct link actually redirects when I copied the link: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/7383/p222fc.jpg

Let's see if adding the s to *that* one works:

Ding! Okay, so Image Shack will work, but is fussy and needs to be done a certain way.
    Thanks for taking the time. When you have a sec, can you tell us imageshack users what to do exactly in simple terms when posting a picture to make it work?

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

So, if you want to post it the way you are used to posting (By right clicking and copying the image link - aka direct linking), you can force it to work.

When you right click and save the image location, this is the link you pasted into the forum: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/7383/p222fc.jpg
    In order to make the forum show it, you need to add an s, like so: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/7383/p222fc.jpg

See it, this is the offending character that is causing all the woe: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/7383/p222fc.jpg

Otherwise, when you are on the photo's page on Image Shack, look to your right and there is a box that says "Get image links/photo sizes" and you can pick forum from the drop down menu which puts the code in ahead of time. Actually, lemme test that to be sure, because I just direct linked yours since I didn't have the Image Shack page to give me their code, so here's something random below. (Hopefully!)

From zero to hero

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Not to long ago postimage said they changed from .org to .cc and since that change I lost all the photos I posted on here.
    ​You Zarkin Frood